UK drug smuggler executed

Search this Thread

Old 29 December 2009, 12:20 PM
Chip
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up UK drug smuggler executed

BBC News - British man said to be mentally ill executed in China

It's a pity we here in the UK don't take the same stance as the chinese have. Think of the misery 4KG of herion would have caused had it been brought into this country. Druga account for a large percentage of all crime committed in the UK. The less scum there are to smuggle it in the better.

Chip
Old 29 December 2009, 12:25 PM
JDM_Stig
Scooby Regular

Received 41 Likes on 33 Posts

I have to agree, we send them to prison then let them stay in the country.
Old 29 December 2009, 12:28 PM
The Zohan
Scooby Regular

Appently he was mentally ill, Bi Polar and taken advantage of by drug smugglers. This was not explained fully at the mock trial he had.

I am not a fan of drug smugglers, also begs the question why wasn't his family keeping a better eye on him either.

In this case maybe he was a victim as welll, not that the chinese did take a blind jot of notice of that insignificant lickspittle Gordo Brown who made protestations at the highest levels, we are reliably informed, China took no notice of our opinion and just did what they liked, seems little learned from Tiananmen Square or being gifted the Olympics to aid their acceptance in the modern world or thier appauling human rights record.

China continues to do what it wants to who it wants, just look at last weeks climate talks, they could not give a **** about anybody else.
Old 29 December 2009, 12:29 PM
greenonedave
Scooby Regular

4 kg of herion can kill 28000 people,
How many robberies would be carried out to buy the drugs
how many lives affected by this drug being available.
jobs a good un, !
Old 29 December 2009, 12:33 PM
The Zohan
Scooby Regular

Don't get me wrong i would rather we excecuted the importers and distributers who bring it here or at least jailed for life meaning life.
Old 29 December 2009, 12:38 PM
pimmo2000
Scooby Regular

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Paul Habgood
Appently he was mentally ill, Bi Polar and taken advantage of by drug smugglers. This was not explained fully at the mock trial he had.

I am not a fan of drug smugglers, also begs the question why wasn't his family keeping a better eye on him either.

In this case maybe he was a victim as welll, not that the chinese did take a blind jot of notice of that insignificant lickspittle Gordo Brown who made protestations at the highest levels, we are reliably informed, China took no notice of our opinion and just did what they liked, seems little learned from Tiananmen Square or being gifted the Olympics to aid their acceptance in the modern world or thier appauling human rights record.

China continues to do what it wants to who it wants, just look at last weeks climate talks, they could not give a **** about anybody else.
Don't get me wrong i would rather we excecuted the importers and distributers who bring it here or at least jailed for life meaning life.

Totally agree with both, the whole mentally ill thing may have been a lie, but as you say the fact that China took no interest in other opinions or listen to GB shows just how dangerous they are.

I would have expected them to at least look into a case brought up by our "leader" if the fella had been Chinese and caught over here, we would have bent over backwards to do whatever China wanted.
Old 29 December 2009, 12:43 PM
greenonedave
Scooby Regular

Maybe China looked at the state of the UK, and thought better of listening to a washed up 2nd rate country.
Old 29 December 2009, 12:48 PM
sarasquares
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I dont think Having Bi Polar should be used as an excuse to smuggle heroin and not be in control of your actions.

If that was the case then Kerry Katona should not be able to look after her kids as she suffers from it too.
Old 29 December 2009, 12:56 PM
The Zohan
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by sarasquares
I dont think Having Bi Polar should be used as an excuse to smuggle heroin and not be in control of your actions.

If that was the case then Kerry Katona should not be able to look after her kids as she suffers from it too.
Hmm, my mother suffers and she can appear to be two completely different people or in a different world of her own, there are different levels of bi polar, try reading the following to get an insight prior to spouting off about something you know little about

I have bolded some parts to make it a little easier for you.
Bipolar disorder - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Extreme manic episodes can sometimes lead to psychotic symptoms such as delusions and hallucinations. The disorder has been subdivided into bipolar I, bipolar II, cyclothymia, and other types, based on the nature and severity of mood episodes experienced; the range is often described as the bipolar spectrum.

I think Kerry Catona is best left out of this - openly snorting Coke in her lounge and filmed doing it yet she still has her kids....more to do with her so called celebrity status.

Last edited by The Zohan; 29 December 2009 at 12:59 PM.
Old 29 December 2009, 01:06 PM
Martin2005
Scooby Regular

So it's a good thing this guy was murdered?

30 minute trial, little or no representation and plenty of evidence that he was mentaly unstable. AND YOU WANT THIS HERE???????

Maybe we should start the mass murder of protesters too??

Lord only know how many innocents or dissidents are murdered in China each year!!

If China wants to integrate with the modern world, then they need to start behaving like a modern civilised country. And that means ending the death penalty.

Makes me sick to my stomach to think that people actually consider this to be a good thing.

Last edited by Martin2005; 29 December 2009 at 01:07 PM.
Old 29 December 2009, 01:08 PM
dpb
Scooby Regular

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

So a good half the time teh geezer is probably in his 'right' mind - and quite possibly open to making nice little earner , they wernt forcing him at gunpoint thro the gates were they

Itll send out all the wrong signals of course

yadda yadda ya
Old 29 December 2009, 01:11 PM
RA Dunk
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Martin2005
then they need to start behaving like a modern civilised country.
So you consider this to be a modern civilised country do you?

I consider it to be a f,ing joke TBH, all the way from the Government (Comedy Central) to the Justice system
Old 29 December 2009, 01:13 PM
coolangatta
Scooby Regular

Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by greenonedave
Maybe China looked at the state of the UK, and thought better of listening to a washed up 2nd rate country.
You're completely correct.
We (UK) are a shadow state run, influenced and promoted by weak leaders/politicians of all parties
I'm slammed up against this reality on a daily basis in my professional life.
It's embarrassing and, more worryingly, deadly to some.
Old 29 December 2009, 01:14 PM
Martin2005
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by RA Dunk
So you consider this to be a modern civilised country do you?

I consider it to be a f,ing joke TBH, all the way from the Government (Comedy Central) to the Justice system
Man you have absolutely no idea how lucky you are to be living in this country.
Try posting your thoughts in China and see how far you get
Old 29 December 2009, 01:16 PM
RA Dunk
Scooby Regular

I realise there are worse places to live than here, Its not what I asked though.
Old 29 December 2009, 01:17 PM
cster
Scooby Regular

So it's a good thing this guy was murdered?

30 minute trial, little or no representation and plenty of evidence that he was mentaly unstable. AND YOU WANT THIS HERE???????

Maybe we should start the mass murder of protesters too??

Lord only know how many innocents or dissidents are murdered in China each year!!

If China wants to integrate with the modern world, then they need to start behaving like a modern civilised country. And that means ending the death penalty.

Makes me sick to my stomach to think that people actually consider this to be a good thing.

Who are we to preach to China?
Are you not concerned that your opinions could be misconstrued as xenophobic/cultural arrogance. Maybe they look at our modern civilised country and snigger? I wouldn't blame them.
You state the the "Lord only knows how many innocents and dissidents ...."
Is this your way of saying that you have no information on which to base your opinions?
Old 29 December 2009, 01:19 PM
Splitpin
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Chip
BBC News - British man said to be mentally ill executed in China

It's a pity we here in the UK don't take the same stance as the chinese have. Think of the misery 4KG of herion would have caused had it been brought into this country. Druga account for a large percentage of all crime committed in the UK. The less scum there are to smuggle it in the better.

Chip
Let's all hope for your sake that illiteracy never becomes a capital offence.
Old 29 December 2009, 01:22 PM
The Zohan
Scooby Regular

Wink

Originally Posted by Splitpin
Let's all hope for your sake that illiteracy never becomes a capital offence.
or off topic remarks...
RA Dunk
Scooby Regular

^^ Don't get it??
sarasquares
Scooby Regular

Hmm, my mother suffers and she can appear to be two completely different people or in a different world of her own, there are different levels of bi polar, try reading the following to get an insight prior to spouting off about something you know little about

I have bolded some parts to make it a little easier for you.
Bipolar disorder - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Extreme manic episodes can sometimes lead to psychotic symptoms such as delusions and hallucinations. The disorder has been subdivided into bipolar I, bipolar II, cyclothymia, and other types, based on the nature and severity of mood episodes experienced; the range is often described as the bipolar spectrum.

I think Kerry Catona is best left out of this - openly snorting Coke in her lounge and filmed doing it yet she still has her kids....more to do with her so called celebrity status.
My sister sufferers from it so i think i know a bit about what i am talking about.

It used to be better known as manic depression but got given a posh new name and removed the old stigma attached to it.

If this bloke suffered from the worst effects then he would have been taking strong medication for it and if that didnt work wtf was he doing in airports and such traveling round the world acting like a basket case? As that is what you are saying he could have been acting like.

His family could not provide any medical evidence to show that he had this condition. Just because his family said this wasn't what he would normally do means that his lawyer prolly said, 'oh, he must be Bi Polar then'
Old 29 December 2009, 01:23 PM
Martin2005
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by cster
Who are we to preach to China?
Are you not concerned that your opinions could be misconstrued as xenophobic/cultural arrogance. Maybe they look at our modern civilised country and snigger? I wouldn't blame them.
You state the the "Lord only knows how many innocents and dissidents ...."
Is this your way of saying that you have no information on which to base your opinions?
Well I know that if this guys 'trial' was anything to go by then the chances of miscarriage pretty high.

Plus there are plenty of Amnesty / Human Rights groups, that have raised many many cases.

Are you denying that Tiananmen Square massacre happened, or was that just a 'cultural thing'?
Old 29 December 2009, 01:23 PM
falkster
Scooby Regular

Does the punishment fit the crime?? Yes.

It does seem a little extreme to kill someone for smuggling drugs but when you look at the amount of lives that can be affected by each person that the drugs would have come into contact with and each one of their family members plus not forgetting the familes of the people they would steal from to buy the drugs!!

Try and get this law passed in the european court.....not quite sure they would allow it.
Old 29 December 2009, 01:25 PM
sarasquares
Scooby Regular

Well I know that if this guys 'trial' was anything to go by then the chances of miscarriage pretty high.

Plus there are plenty of Amnesty / Human Rights groups, that have raised many many cases.

Are you denying that Tiananmen Square massacre happened, or was that just a 'cultural thing'?
Maybe it will do a lot of good. He broke the law and lost his life as that was the penalty. If you cant to the time dont do the crime.

It will make a lot of smugglers think again before they decide to do the same.
Old 29 December 2009, 01:26 PM
RA Dunk
Scooby Regular

The Tiananmen Square massacre has nothing to do with this though so why mention it?
Old 29 December 2009, 01:28 PM
Martin2005
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by RA Dunk
The Tiananmen Square massacre has nothing to do with this though so why mention it?
2 reasons

Firstly because Cster said, I was guessing that China had killed dissidents

Secondly because it shows the nature of the regime.

I'm frankly astonished at some of the comments on this thread, it's really really depressing
Old 29 December 2009, 01:29 PM
dpb
Scooby Regular

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Im not sure a defense of ' hadnt taken medicine ' would stand up even in this country
Old 29 December 2009, 01:30 PM
The Zohan
Scooby Regular

My sister sufferers from it so i think i know a bit about what i am talking about.

It used to be better known as manic depression but got given a posh new name and removed the old stigma attached to it.

If this bloke suffered from the worst effects then he would have been taking strong medication for it and if that didnt work wtf was he doing in airports and such traveling round the world acting like a basket case? As that is what you are saying he could have been acting like.

His family could not provide any medical evidence to show that he had this condition. Just because his family said this wasn't what he would normally do means that his lawyer prolly said, 'oh, he must be Bi Polar then'
You should have known better than to make the inane remarks you made then if you claim to have some experience!

your comments suggest someone actually who knows sod all about it other than what it used to be called, your point about that is exactly and it relevance, is it to show you know what exactly???

Moving on and to fill in you obvious lack of any pertenant information about the illness;
As for the guy taking his meds due to severity of his illness, shows just how very little you know ior indeed understand the condition of Bi-polar, maybe the point was he was not taking them as so many with this illness do not, due to him feeling fine or better than normal and believing they do not need thier meds. Or maybe the 'neer do well' drug gang took him off his meds and/or convinced him he did not need them to suit their purposes....

People with Bi-polar are vunerable to suggestion and often thier own worse enemy due to the severity of the mood swings, even on meds they often do not belive they have a problem and stop taking them which just compunds things - i speak from REAL experience here.

Last edited by The Zohan; 29 December 2009 at 01:34 PM.
Old 29 December 2009, 01:30 PM
Herbie.
Scooby Regular

The bloke wont be doing that again lol

China sends a big message to rest of the world that they aint to be messed with. That should put a lot of drug mules off the idea.
Old 29 December 2009, 01:31 PM
Martin2005
Scooby Regular

Maybe it will do a lot of good. He broke the law and lost his life as that was the penalty. If you cant to the time dont do the crime.

It will make a lot of smugglers think again before they decide to do the same.
It will do as much good as the thousands of executions that are carried out in China....none whatsoever
Old 29 December 2009, 01:32 PM
J4CKO
Scooby Regular

China is fast becoming a major world power, the balance of power is shifting from the west, they have some pretty draconian laws over there and the sentence for pretty much everything is death, perhaps when you have that number of people you need to be decisive to keep order, perhaps over here we f*ck about to much and send criminals on holiday or look after them too well, maybe if we dished out some Chinese style justice the country might improve and the lazy, greedy, theiving element of our society might get a wake up ?

I think we need to strike some kind of medium, we are too lenient and focussed on the criminals rights and over there you can have allegations made at 10am, tried by lunchtime and executed by 2pm in a mobile execution chamber having your organs harvested for rich foreigners to have in transplants, how much is down to a fitting punishment and how much down to backhanders to the Police to provide a suitable donor ?

I think this case is weird, a bloke with mental illness allowed to travel to China, my dad isn't (that) mental but if he said he was off to China without my mum for a few days I would find out why, especially if he was mentally ill, I suspect this chap was mentally ill but had enough about him to travel, when you go to places like China you need to be aware of the penalties if you do something illegal, too late now and its difficult to say what happened as we dont know the situation and circumstances fully.

Quick Reply: UK drug smuggler executed