Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Advice needed about Samsung fridge

Search this Thread

Old 08 December 2009, 05:31 PM
ScoobyDoo555
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down Advice needed about Samsung fridge

OK, to cut a long story short, I've got a Samsung American Fridge Freezer that has developed a fault.
It is covered under the extended warranty that Watchdog enforced.

However, I have now been waiting since I first reported the fault on November 28th for a call from the engineer to arrange a visit.

I have called Samsung repeatedly every day for the last 6 days, only to be told that they cant get hold of the Engineer.

I have flipped today. Politely too. Which was just as much a surprise to me! I've have requested this be escalated to a formal complaint on the grounds that a multi-national company who can't get hold of its employees is pretty much a joke.

I have been assured time after time that the "email" has been sent to the right people and that I will be having phone calls from either the manager or the engineer by the end of the day. For the last two days running.

I have warned them tonight that if I don't get a phone call by the end of business, IF I have to contact them tomorrow, I will bypass the poor customer service people (as it isn't their fault I hope) and b0ll0ck out a manager.

HOwever, I don't know what else to do. I'm worried that with only 2 weeks left until Chrimbo, I could be facing the harsh reality that through no fault of mine, I will have no fridge for Chrimbo.

Can anybody suggest my next move? I can't even book time off to wait for the engineer, as the ****** hasn't even called for the initial contact.

I think I've been pretty fair about this so far, but enough is enough. I've got a family with no means of refrigerating stuff

How do I proceed with this? I feel that I'm entitled to *something* even if it's just an apology and cover for my ruined food. I won't even go down the route of the inconvenience caused.

HELP!!!

DAn
Old 08 December 2009, 05:35 PM
POC
Scooby Regular

Samsung outsource their repairs to local companies, our wine chiller failed and it took a while to get it sorted out, then more delays getting parts etc. Shame as they are a strong brand, looks like its the people they choose to employ let them down
Old 08 December 2009, 05:47 PM
dpb
Scooby Regular

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

At that rate i would have thought you have reasonable case for them sanctioning a.n. other engineer of your choosing to look at it !
Old 08 December 2009, 06:00 PM
Markus
Scooby Regular

Dan you could try calling their Executive Office on 0845 620 2324 (I found the number here - search for executive office and you'll see the post I pulled it from). If it's anything like other companies, the EO is where complaints get bumped to. I've used Bell's EO before when I had a problem, as I knew I'd be passed around the houses if I called the normal CS place, so I cut out the middleman and went direct to the EO.

Last edited by Markus; 08 December 2009 at 06:01 PM.
Old 08 December 2009, 07:48 PM
ScoobyDoo555
Scooby Regular

Thanks Markus, will try that number in the morning.

Thank you to the other posters too.

Will see what tomorrow brings! LOL!!

Dan
Old 08 December 2009, 08:49 PM
AllanB
Scooby Regular

Dan if you get no joy pm me and I will see if any of my contacts at Samsung can help out

AllanB
Old 08 December 2009, 09:23 PM
ScoobyDoo555
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

Many thanks Allan

Nice to hear from you - it's been a while!!

If I hear nothing tomorrow, will give you a shout later on.

Cheers

Dan
Old 09 December 2009, 12:41 PM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

Ask SS Up. He is a past master at sorting big firms out when they start prevaricating.

Les
Old 09 December 2009, 12:44 PM
Gear Head
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Leslie
Ask SS Up. He is a past master at sorting big firms out when they start prevaricating.

Les
Or telling stories about it atleast!
Old 09 December 2009, 12:46 PM
shaunywrx
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Leslie

Les

Yes but did'nt it take about 12 months to sort out, i think he wants his fridge working for this xmas
Old 12 December 2009, 09:28 AM
ScoobyDoo555
Scooby Regular

Ahh, the virtues of getting sh1tty with managers (in a factual and polite, albeit caustic manner!)

Apparently, the service engineer is coming on Wednesday, with a part that when I initially called, wouldn't be in the country until sometime in January.
Strangely, when I challenged this with generic assistant #2, and asked for clarification as to whether I should book the day off (taking into consideration the information stated previously), I was advised to still book the day off.

Now the cynic in me says that this was just to get me off the phone!

So, Monday, I will be calling them again to confirm that the part is in the country, and that if not, I will be calling again on Tuesday, and every day until it turns up.

Hope I don't have to though.

The second part of my plan will be once the fridge is up and running (as this is the priority), I will be contacting Samsung Customer services again - I now have several numbers for varying levels of cretin where the complaint will be taken further (whether they like it or not -so far they seem quite keen to sweep their indiscretion under the rug)

I may not get anywhere, but I will have the satisfaction of hopefully inconveniencing someone in the company to the magnitude akin to the grief the situation has caused myself and my family.

Could probably post some of the mouldy food to them......

If anybody's interested, will keep all posted later this week

Thanks to all who've posted so far - kept me entertained too

Dan