Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Why the fekkin hell..........

Search this Thread

Old 26 November 2009, 11:31 PM
alcazar
Scooby Regular

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts
Default Why the fekkin hell..........

.........must WE extradite OUR citizens to the US to face charges in THEIR courts, while THEIR laws won't allow any of THEIR citizens to be extradited here?

Is this what the so-called "special relationship" has become?

We are their poodles, the sooner we admit it and get on with our lives, the better Perhaps we should just become the 51st state, and have done with it, never mind Europe........

B@stard Lying Labour..........don't talk to me about giving our sovereignty to Europe...........:ma d:
Old 27 November 2009, 01:42 AM
CrisPDuk
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Because George managed to get his lapdog Tony to sign* what was an allegedly reciprocal agreement, then reneged on his end :

* To be strictly accurate, I believe it is actually David Blunkett's moniker on the paperwork
Old 27 November 2009, 06:48 AM
pimmo2000
Scooby Regular

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Would that be a seeing eye Monkey ?
Old 27 November 2009, 08:41 AM
MattW
Scooby Regular

Must admit I don't quite get how someone can break a US law here and be extradited for it.

I know what he did was pretty serious however if it were the other way round i think we'd have the govt over here reassuring us they have tightened their security rather than bleating on about prosecutions.
Old 27 November 2009, 02:10 PM
EddScott
Scooby Regular

Received 64 Likes on 32 Posts

He commited an offence, he should be punished.

He hacked into US computers, on US soil so should face US punishment.

This business about him being ill and he mum being on Breakfast saying "his condition" - excuse me, your son hacked into US government computers so he's hardly a vegetable.

Personally its all bollax and he should be a man and take it, US style.

http://freegary.org.uk/

For those that think its OK to break the law then hide behind an illness that stops you from being able to work out if someone is upset with you.

Jumping up and down shouting "Stop fecking hacking into my computer!" doesn't seem to work

Last edited by EddScott; 27 November 2009 at 02:13 PM.
Old 27 November 2009, 02:16 PM
richie001
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by EddScott
He commited an offence, he should be punished.

He hacked into US computers, on US soil so should face US punishment.

This business about him being ill and he mum being on Breakfast saying "his condition" - excuse me, your son hacked into US government computers so he's hardly a vegetable.

Personally its all bollax and he should be a man and take it, US style.
Even thou i agree with you,that isn't what the OP is complaining about.He is complaining that a American citizen can commit a crime in this country and go home knowing that the American courts will protect He/She from be extradited to the UK.

Last edited by richie001; 27 November 2009 at 02:18 PM.
Old 27 November 2009, 03:14 PM
alcazar
Scooby Regular

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by richie001
Even thou i agree with you,that isn't what the OP is complaining about.He is complaining that a American citizen can commit a crime in this country and go home knowing that the American courts will protect He/She from be extradited to the UK.
Axactly: I'm not against anyone paying for their crimes, anywhere, but I DO object when one country can demand anothers' citizens to be axtradited, but no reciprocal arrangement exists.
Old 27 November 2009, 03:14 PM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by alcazar
.........must WE extradite OUR citizens to the US to face charges in THEIR courts, while THEIR laws won't allow any of THEIR citizens to be extradited here?

We are their poodles, the sooner we admit it and get on with our lives, the better Perhaps we should just become the 51st state, and have done with it, never mind Europe........

B@stard Lying Labour..........don't talk to me about giving our sovereignty to Europe...........:ma d:
I agree with you about the one way "reciprocal" agreement on extradition.

Our sovereignty is being undermined as fast as they can go so that they can destroy our country's independent status since these PC Plonking self seeking oiks hate the thought of the UK and want only to give it all away.

The USA certainly hates the thought of being caught out either with their computers or their defence systems. They once invited us to send one system against their defence network for experimental purposes and their entire defence just fell apart, I wont say how of course. They never did that again. It was a long time ago though.

This bloke was very unwise to hack into their computers and even though they have learned how to provide some defence against that because of him, they will be very upset about it and I think he is likely to get a hard sentence even though he was not trying to cause any damage. They can get very red necked about that sort of thing.

Les
Old 27 November 2009, 03:17 PM
EddScott
Scooby Regular

Received 64 Likes on 32 Posts

Axactly: I'm not against anyone paying for their crimes, anywhere, but I DO object when one country can demand anothers' citizens to be axtradited, but no reciprocal arrangement exists.
Apologies, I didn't pay attention to the first post.

Regarding the actual issue raised, no wonder the rest of the world see the UK as lapdog to the US.
Old 27 November 2009, 03:26 PM
Martin2005
Scooby Regular

You maybe their poodle but i'm not.

I agree this arrangement is clearly lopsided and will have to change, hopefully the Tories will sort it out next year when they are in power....
Old 27 November 2009, 04:10 PM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

How certain are you of that Martin?

Les
Old 27 November 2009, 04:49 PM
what would scooby do
Scooby Senior

anyone using hotmail and google mail also beware - say something "naughty" and they can extradite you as the servers are USA based..
Old 27 November 2009, 05:02 PM
urban
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

On a completely different note
A customer of ours had another software companies POS system which fed into our system

Randomly files from their POS interface would disappear - we & they (other software company) were puzzled - all the logs said Yeah I've sent it.
We never received it

Eventually they traced it down to 1 employee via a comms log.
Turn out the bloke had some form of schizophrenia
He thought there were aliens in some of the files and was deleting them
Old 27 November 2009, 06:46 PM
Martin2005
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Leslie
How certain are you of that Martin?

Les
Ermmm not very, given that the Conservatives are historically far more trans-atlantic orientated than Labour

But hope springs eternal
Old 28 November 2009, 11:24 AM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

Haven't seen much more "trans-atlantic" orientated than the jumped up Billy Liar when he lied to us so that he could join in the illegal attack on Iraq so that he could suck up to that other prat over there!

Les
Old 28 November 2009, 04:24 PM
r32
Scooby Regular

I agree completely, it isnt just about this case, its the way the US can demand any UK citizen to be shipped over to them to face trial even on jumped up charges, but it cant happen US to the UK.

Its wrong, but Blair was after points. Lets see why we went to war with Iraq. Oh, scrub that I just remembered that Brown has told all Government Departments they dont have to supply information to the inquiry if they dont want to.
Old 28 November 2009, 04:41 PM
madscoob
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

unless people on here have a good understanding of ASD or ASPERGERS i would sugest that the poor bloke in my opinion is blissfully unaware of the damage he has or could of done . my son has it and is a computer wizard and has a near photografic memory for number plates and numbers . however he has little understanding of peoples feelings (IE HE WOULD LAUGH IF YOU FELL OVER IN FRONT OF HIM) even though you and i would find it funny we wouldnt laugh , at the end of the day the yank ***** should give him a job showing them just how easy thier systems are to hack . cos if he can do it ime sure some terrorist would be able to
Old 29 November 2009, 10:18 AM
Maz
Scooby Senior

Genius is oft tinged with madness.
We were refused access to the perpetrators of 'friendly fire' incident which resulted in several of our soldiers dead. They (US administration) point blank refused to cooperate. About time they had two fingers stuck up at them.
Old 29 November 2009, 10:59 AM
richie001
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Martin2005
hopefully the Tories will sort it out next year when they are in power....
They will have a tough job.I was reading in a Magazine that Barack Obama doesn't unlike the other president's see Britain has a ally and partners(even if Britain is the junior one)and has no time for Brown and rarely speaks to him.He looks now more towards France and Germany(the real power players in the EU)China,India and Russia.
Old 29 November 2009, 11:43 AM
astraboy
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by madscoob
unless people on here have a good understanding of ASD or ASPERGERS i would sugest that the poor bloke in my opinion is blissfully unaware of the damage he has or could of done . my son has it and is a computer wizard and has a near photografic memory for number plates and numbers . however he has little understanding of peoples feelings (IE HE WOULD LAUGH IF YOU FELL OVER IN FRONT OF HIM) even though you and i would find it funny we wouldnt laugh , at the end of the day the yank ***** should give him a job showing them just how easy thier systems are to hack . cos if he can do it ime sure some terrorist would be able to
Well said. Unfortunately the septics seem to want their pound of flesh so it might not do any good. Poor lad, he'd get the **** kicked out of him in an american jail.
astraboy.
Old 29 November 2009, 11:52 AM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

We shall have to see how the Americans treat him with regard to his Aspergers Syndrome. In my experience with them, they usually think by numbers and treat anything like that with tunnel vision as far as the offence is concerned.

Interesting that although an illegal immigrant can't be deported back to his own country if there is seen to be a likeihood that he may be badly treated, it does not seem to matter with a young British bloke with a medical problem.

Les
Old 29 November 2009, 02:16 PM
boomer
Scooby Senior

mb
Old 30 November 2009, 10:35 AM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by boomer

mb
The MP would be more honest if his sign said he is a selfseeking PC Plonker with no thought for the electorate!

Les
Old 30 November 2009, 11:47 AM
fivetide
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by madscoob
Whilst i have some agreement with this the problem isn't whether he knows he's upset someone it is simply right or wrong. Forgive me but he does know the difference between right and wrong does he not?

I think this guy is hiding behind this illness. When it was initially reported he had 'mild' autism now you'd think they were trying to extradite Prof Hawking or something.

Doesn't look like he has done damage either, he's reviewed things he shouldn't and needs to trust to justice on this. Given the profile of the case I wouldn't think that he will get a long sentence, he might even be able to serve it here. The government should work on that one.

I do agree the rules on extradition need to be changed though. It has to be on equal footing with a country like the US.

5t.