Notices
Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

murderer in an open prison, that can't be right can it?

Search this Thread

Old 23 November 2009, 08:16 PM
hoskib
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default murderer in an open prison, that can't be right can it?

i was just reading this http://uk.news.yahoo.com/22/20091123...s-fa6b408.html and was just skimming it really as it's hardly new for inmates to go walkabout. but then started to think about it and it sounds a bit wrong to me.

she's a convicted murderer, killed her boyfriend with a cricket bat and then stabbed him (so a nice girl) and was sentenced to serve a minimum of 12 years back in 2001. and yet 8 years later she's strolling around an open prison well out of it to be more accurate.

i'd kind of be hoping that open prisons would be your more 'petty' criminal, but she's murdered someone and here she is in a, apparently, holiday camp.

i know she's hardly a Cat A prisoner, but as a member of the public i'd like to hear that murderers are locked up in a cell, not wandering around. maybe she's a reformed person, but she killed someone. surely that would see her behind bars?

or is this the norm in our crowded prisons now? bit worrying if it is.
Old 24 November 2009, 08:22 AM
The Zohan
Scooby Regular

Unhappy

Originally Posted by hoskib
i was just reading this Killer and ex royal aide escapes jail - Yahoo! News UK and was just skimming it really as it's hardly new for inmates to go walkabout. but then started to think about it and it sounds a bit wrong to me.

she's a convicted murderer, killed her boyfriend with a cricket bat and then stabbed him (so a nice girl) and was sentenced to serve a minimum of 12 years back in 2001. and yet 8 years later she's strolling around an open prison well out of it to be more accurate.

i'd kind of be hoping that open prisons would be your more 'petty' criminal, but she's murdered someone and here she is in a, apparently, holiday camp.

i know she's hardly a Cat A prisoner, but as a member of the public i'd like to hear that murderers are locked up in a cell, not wandering around. maybe she's a reformed person, but she killed someone. surely that would see her behind bars?

or is this the norm in our crowded prisons now? bit worrying if it is.
You ****, she has rights you know, It is not like she comitted a serious crime, just murder with a cricket bat, it is not like she was speeding

Tip of the iceberg, i posted about another murderer who escaped whilst on a shopping trip Murderer Escapes During Shopping Trip - Yahoo! News UK

It seems criminals and prisioners rights are more important than the general public's - the NL way
Old 24 November 2009, 09:44 AM
dpb
Scooby Regular

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Im guessing she poses less risk than other murderesses

She mus been well cross
Old 24 November 2009, 09:47 AM
warrenm2
Scooby Regular

Its normal now for murderers to have comparatively short sentences, just part of the general erosion of the justice system. Read land fit for crimals by david fraser A Land Fit for Criminals: An Insider's View of Crime, Punishment and Justice in the UK: Amazon.co.uk: David Fraser: Books
Old 24 November 2009, 10:03 AM
The Rig
Scooby Regular

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

i could understand her being in that prison if she murdered someone over a few yrs by say slowly poisoning them,thats not cold hearted murder as such,but whacking some1 with a bat and stabbing them then shows she is capable and should be in a cell

ah well, best keep an eye out for a bird chatting up the men and avoid !!
Old 24 November 2009, 10:09 AM
The Zohan
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by warrenm2
Its normal now for murderers to have comparatively short sentences, just part of the general erosion of the justice system. Read land fit for crimals by david fraser A Land Fit for Criminals: An Insider's View of Crime, Punishment and Justice in the UK: Amazon.co.uk: David Fraser: Books
Thanks, will do. I will order two copies, one for me and one for Martin2005
Old 24 November 2009, 10:16 AM
Scooby Senior

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by dpb

She mus been well cross
Bronson had nothing on PMT
Old 24 November 2009, 10:40 AM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

Yet another example of the gross incompetence and woolly headed thinking by our much vaunted leaders and their employees!

Of course murdered members of the public will be of little importance to them of course, what do they care about the members of the electorate? but just see what would happen if the victim was a member of the establishment!

Les
Old 24 November 2009, 04:36 PM
_Meridian_
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by The Rig
if she murdered someone over a few yrs by say slowly poisoning them,thats not cold hearted murder as such

It's a damn sight more cold-hearted murder than splatting someone with a bat and then stabbing them in a fit of temper. In fact, it's about as cold-hearted as it gets.

M
Old 24 November 2009, 06:17 PM
hoskib
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Paul Habgood
You ****, she has rights you know, It is not like she comitted a serious crime, just murder with a cricket bat, it is not like she was speeding

Tip of the iceberg, i posted about another murderer who escaped whilst on a shopping trip Murderer Escapes During Shopping Trip - Yahoo! News UK

It seems criminals and prisioners rights are more important than the general public's - the NL way
****, lol it's not good though is it, how many have done a runner on these trips and in open prisons? infact it's probably best not knowing TBH.

Originally Posted by dpb
murderer is easier to spell
Old 24 November 2009, 09:04 PM
j4ckos mate
Scooby Regular

there is alot of crap on here lately, however this is an emotive thread

i feel i can give an authoritive answer because ive got a few mins spare whilst my kids are occupied and also because when i was little my mates mum was murdered......................

we were alot better off than most certainly better of than my mate X

he was round at my house most nights, i never ever knew his dad, and his mum seemed to be out and about alot, he lived amile away but his nans was a few doors up.

i was about 10 years old, he'd be round nearly every night cos i had more toys, and my mum and dad always give him a warm tea, his granparents were ok, but getting on abit, he was a bit rough and ready always dirty but polite and we were mates we got on.

he left my house about nine pm went home on his raeligh striker to find his road cordened off, his mums latest boyfriend and stabbed her three times.
head,neck, heat,

i found out the next day, he was off school for a couple of weeks, i hadnt told anyone and the headmaster came to talk to us in the class and told him to go easy on him,.

we all did the trial came and went, the coppers took X under their wings, and took him to football matched quite a bit. me and x joined after school clubs, and my mum and dad helped whenever they could, to be honest things went on pretty normally afterwards, its only now im nearly 40 you realise the gravity of what went on back then.

i can remeber her and her boyfriend i met him once or teice, he will be out now, but X's mum is still dead, she wont be around for ever,

X will still carry the emotional scars till he dies, the guilt etc,
so in short yes, life should mean life.

i can still picture the killer and his mum but one of them isnt here anymore,

j4ckos mate
Old 25 November 2009, 08:27 AM
TopBanana
Scooby Regular

Trust the Guardian to ask 'Was it Really Murder?'
Was it really murder? Part I | From the Guardian | The Guardian