Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Royal Mail..

Search this Thread

Old 11 November 2009, 01:00 PM
will_wrx
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Royal Mail..

Are all the delays solely to do with these strikes? Or is there service just generally crap?

I have sent out a fair amount of items over various forums the last month and 3 of my packages are unknown as to where they are, one of them being a cash payment for an item. Others were sent on one day and not recieved until nearly a week later.

One package turned up at a sorting office in Nottinghamshire and was returned to me.

Has made me look and feel like an utter fool to the people buying off me and I am having to refund 2 of them, as I'm not sure what is going on and its hard for me to keep going up to the post office, when I'm not here.

Just going to cut my losses I think.

Has anyone else had this much trouble?
Old 11 November 2009, 01:25 PM
sonic93
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

yer iv had trouble receiving stuff lol cheers will

thanks rob
Old 11 November 2009, 01:27 PM
CrisPDuk
Scooby Regular

It's been taking somewhere between 10 & 14 days on average for parcels I've been both sending and receiving for the past couple of months at least
Old 11 November 2009, 01:35 PM
RA Dunk
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by will_wrx

Has anyone else had this much trouble?
What a coincidence of a thread, I sent Mark/Lateral a set of injector's on saturday lunch time, Phoned him just now to ask how he was getting on and woo and behold they havent arrived yet, No prob's I think I'll check online as they were sent recorded delivery, Just checked online and it say's they were delivered on monday, Phoned Mark back he does the double check thing and nope they deffo havent arrived yet. So Im hoping they havent been lost or something
Old 11 November 2009, 01:43 PM
Bealescooby
Scooby Regular

The delays are mainly in london areas and should be cleared within the next week
I work for Royal Mail and it's been a tuff couple of weeks , it realy does try hard to get all 1st class mail next day , the mail centre i work for clears all 1st class mail from the mail centre and has cleared all the backlog of strike mail
Old 11 November 2009, 01:45 PM
Bealescooby
Scooby Regular

i also paid for some pads off here last wednesday , posted to me last friday and received em tuesday
i do think that royal mail gets bad press but i'm sure no1 ever states the good points
Old 11 November 2009, 01:52 PM
ethanrob
Scooby Regular

agreed with above beale

the worst of the delays are around the south/london area,up here we have no backlog of mail/packets at all but we have recieved a big increase of packets through the system over the last couple of days with southern franked postal marks dating back over the past week or two!

not to worry anyway guys,the service should be back on track now that the union leaders have received there cash bungs from the royal mail to end the strike action without resolve!!!

marcus
Old 11 November 2009, 01:56 PM
Bealescooby
Scooby Regular

we have been sorting London diverts for about 2mths now as they have been striking a lot longer than most
Hopefully no more strikes
Old 11 November 2009, 02:06 PM
ethanrob
Scooby Regular

it does seem very strange though mate,with regards to the strike action ceasing without resolve

whats your thought's ????

marcus

p.s +1 to there being no more strike action,i turned in for work anyway..................A true "scab"

Last edited by ethanrob; 11 November 2009 at 02:07 PM.
Old 11 November 2009, 02:37 PM
Billgtt
Scooby Regular

I work in in the SE area, and we've not noticed any backlog longer than a couple of days in our office during the strike action (although we did make the News of the World a few weeks ago ). The mail centre where all our mail comes from (Gatwick) has been clearing every day, and so have we.