Flash has no f3cking idea ....

Search this Thread

Old 06 November 2009, 10:24 AM
David Lock
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down

And you've just realised this

I am not being clever but I, and many others, have been saying this for a long time.

Karzai is a clever, devious sod who will smile and say just enough to keep UK and USA sweet and is happy to allow us to do his dirty work.

Little reported but the UK spent a lot of effort tracking down and catching some of the major players in the drugs game. They were locked up for a long time. But Karzai had them all released so that they would support him in the election.

I think Brown has a real worry about admitting he was wrong and looking a mother in the eye and saying that her son's sacrifice was in vain.

Karzai is a clever ****, Brown is naive in the extreme.

I wonder if Cameron is a bit more savvy?

dl
Old 06 November 2009, 10:28 AM
f1_fan
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by David Lock
I wonder if Cameron is a bit more savvy?
I wouldn't waste your time, he won't be.
Old 07 November 2009, 12:02 PM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

At the moment it is not possible to assess Cameron's attitude or ability when it comes to his eventual actions over Afghanistan.

I am interested to see the next set of polls however after his retreat from the promise of a referendum for the people of this country over the Eu constitution. I personally hopes he gets a nasty shock!

Les
Old 07 November 2009, 01:19 PM
Martin2005
Scooby Regular

It's easy to score points against our political leaders on the Afgan issue. The problem is that there are no easy solutions here, and anyone who tells you there are is lying.

Pulling out is obviously attractive given the terrible losses we have suffered there, and I have a hell of a lot of sympathy with this view. But there is the massive issue of Pakistan not to mention are resurgent Taliban / Al Queda nexus.

The problem for me is that the US / UK / NATO governments has failed to define what the objectives of the mission are, I do wish they'd clarify this so we all understand what 'success' looks like.

We could pull out and spend the money on improving security here, but then we'll just attack the government for being 'big brother'.

So please lets not pretend that this is an easy issue to resolve for anyone who actually has to take responsibility for the consequences.
Old 07 November 2009, 01:28 PM
Gordo
Scooby Regular

The irony is that the UK government is just as corrupt. Expenses, unelected leader, reneged promises re referendum on Europe etc etc - i.e. WTF does he think he is to point the finger at someone else's corrupt regime?!

Trending Topics

Old 07 November 2009, 01:51 PM
Martin2005
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Gordo
The irony is that the UK government is just as corrupt. Expenses, unelected leader, reneged promises re referendum on Europe etc etc - i.e. WTF does he think he is to point the finger at someone else's corrupt regime?!
I've read some odd things on here but this, wow man I suggest you get yourself out to Afganistan.

To say that our government is corrupt shows an utter lack of understanding of the situation, I mean how the heck can you compare the 2 situations FFS?

The fact that we elect a parliament (and always have) not the PM is NOT corruption
The fact that SOME MPs are greedy gits, is NOT government corruption
The fact that you ain't getting a referndum on the EU is NOT corruption, it's a reneged manifesto pledge

The situation in Afganistan is difficult enough, without trying to cloud the issues with nonsense like this
Old 07 November 2009, 01:56 PM
Fabioso
Scooby Regular

I'm going to be blunt here and say that we are never going to turn Afghanistan into the country we are trying to. The Russians never managed it in the years they were there and our attempts will end up going the same way.

Pull out all the troops because it really is just a waste of life and not going to achieve anything but more and more casualties.

Its plainly obvious to me I don't understand why Flash, Barack and their strategists can't see their asses from their elbows

Pull out, admit defeat and change tact in the "war on terror".
Old 08 November 2009, 12:58 PM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

The Taliban is endemic in Afghanistan and no one will ever crush them out of existence. The only real way is to come to an agreement with them but I really don't see how that could happen.

Les
Old 08 November 2009, 01:27 PM
GC8
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Martin2005
The problem for me is that the US / UK / NATO governments has failed to define what the objectives of the mission are, I do wish they'd clarify this so we all understand what 'success' looks like.
I think that heyre reluctant (in fact, that theyll avoid this at all costs), because they dont have clear objectives and any defined goal will only serve to act as a measure of our combined failure. In light of this, Id be happier if our soldiers, marines and others all came home and left the f*ckers to it.
Old 08 November 2009, 02:14 PM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

Yes I agree with that.

Les