All Inclusive

Search this Thread

Old 03 November 2009, 08:46 AM
fitzscoob
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default All Inclusive

Morning!

I'm looking at taking a two week holiday in January, it will be my first real holiday in years.

I have never been on an all inclusive holiday before, so would welcome any comments for or against the set up.

Possible destinations at this stage would be Caribbean and Mexico.

If you have any favourite destinations or reccomendations please dont be shy!

Cheers

Fitz
Old 03 November 2009, 08:49 AM
yoza
BANNED

Delphin Palace, Antalya, Lara Beach... Turkey.

Big plus for us....4 hour flight, 15min transfer.

Been twice, will go again, excellent.
Old 03 November 2009, 09:19 AM
Coffin Dodger
Scooby Regular

Went to Dominican Republic a few years back. Very pleasant. All-inclusive is pretty cool but the novelty does wear off after a while. That said was so run down when we went we just needed the two weeks to sleep / relax, only really got my drinking boots on for the last few days
Old 03 November 2009, 09:26 AM
urban
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Only been all inclusive once
Drinking - novelty wears off very quickly.
Food - I can't really complain as it was quite varied, but I have witnessed some dodgy looking shyte being served up for the AI lot on other holidays.

On another note, there is a big difference in the quality of the drink between AI and normal customer.
Big big difference
Old 03 November 2009, 09:44 AM
Coffin Dodger
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by urban
On another note, there is a big difference in the quality of the drink between AI and normal customer.
Big big difference
Does very much depend on how much you're paying for your all-in. Most do tend to use the cheap and nasty unbranded local interpretations of spirits but the place we stayed at did have branded spirits (Gordons Gin, Johnnie Walker, etc.) you just had to ask for them. Rum was good though

The slush puppy / frozen type cocktails we really weak mind, always asked them to add a shot of rum to it to spice it up a little
Old 03 November 2009, 09:51 AM
Dr.No
Scooby Regular

I've travelled quite a lot, all over the place, and this is the best hotel for a holiday that I've ever stayed in. Also the best all inclusive I've ever had. I went there one year for a week long holiday, and enjoyed it so much I went back the following year on honeymoon - and I don't normally go the same resort, let alone the same hotel, twice. I'd love to go again...:

Excellence Cancun Resort and Spa

See reviews here:

Excellence Riviera Cancun All-inclusive Resort Reviews and Photos, Puerto Morelos, Mexico - TripAdvisor

Fantastic place...

DN
Old 03 November 2009, 09:55 AM
EddScott
Scooby Regular

Received 64 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by yoza
Delphin Palace, Antalya, Lara Beach... Turkey.

Big plus for us....4 hour flight, 15min transfer.

Been twice, will go again, excellent.
Just googled Delphin - looks really good. Good for kids too.

I've always avoided inclusive holidays and gone self catering. My mother has a place in Spain which is only 40 mins away from Gibraltar so we mostly go there for a week and drive to Gib and see my brother and his family. But even before that I would choose self catering.

However, now I'm old and lazy all in sounds tempting. Just switch off for a week and let the nipper hare down the water slides all day.
Old 03 November 2009, 10:35 AM
fitzscoob
Scooby Regular

Thanks for all the replies, all very useful.

I'll have to spend some time going through the websites and suggestions

As long as wherever I go it doesnt end up like the tv programme Benidorm, I'll be happy.
Old 03 November 2009, 10:52 AM
njkmrs
Scooby Regular

Have you thought of doing a cruise ???

Get to different places,so wont get board of same scenery ,same as all inclusive with probably a wider selection of foods ,in the ships restaurants .

Opt for all in booze if you like a sherbert or two

Worth a thought .Fairly priced as well if you look around .

Last edited by njkmrs; 03 November 2009 at 10:53 AM.
Old 03 November 2009, 11:17 AM
yoza
BANNED

Originally Posted by EddScott
Just googled Delphin - looks really good. Good for kids too.

I've always avoided inclusive holidays and gone self catering. My mother has a place in Spain which is only 40 mins away from Gibraltar so we mostly go there for a week and drive to Gib and see my brother and his family. But even before that I would choose self catering.

However, now I'm old and lazy all in sounds tempting. Just switch off for a week and let the nipper hare down the water slides all day.
It is good for kids, and adults too.

They have a team called the Animation Team who will take the kids for an hour or more if you like, they are well supervised play groups. They will match the ages to suit the activity, painting, balloon shaping, fair ground rides, cinema, bowling, hat making, party games, all on site.

The drinks are branded bottles and spirits, but the draught lager was EFES which was nice, ice cold and refreshing.

It was 24 hour service, for both food/icecreams/slush/snacks and drinks, and I didnt queue for more than 5 mins for anything, other than the Dodgems...

The food was out of this world, and presented in a fashion Ive never seen before.
You would be eating your evening meal whilst watching a guy making a swan from a huge block of ice, they would parade the Head Chef around to your table and he would ask how your food was, and ask if there was anything he could make especially for you on your next sitting.

The security in the hotel was the best Ive seen, all exits and entrances were manned by uniformed well protected gaurds, and the beach to the rear was secure and private.

The best part for me was the amount of pools, bars, and restaraunts, and also the summerhouses, instead of a sunbed we would go for a poolside summerhouse wth beds and Parrasols so when it got too hot, we could sit in the shade, and my son could have a nap.

Wristbands were used, and if you didnt have one, you didnt get in.

The staff were excellent, both with us and children, and could never do enough for you, to the point were I personally found it embarrassing. I dont need people to help me with my chair in a restaraunt, offer to carry my plate, offer me another drink because I had an empty glass, its really nice but over the top for me.

My sons VTec's batteries ran out whilst in the drinks lounge, a waiter noticed his dismay, and within 5mins he had returned with a pack of AA's, and thats how it was for the duration of both our stays.

We loved it, as you can probably tell.

Summerhouse...

One of the pools...

Water slides...
Old 06 November 2009, 10:28 AM
scooby-babe
BANNED

Are we going again this next year, or are you going to buy some more toys ?

;@) X
Old 06 November 2009, 12:35 PM
yoza
BANNED

Originally Posted by scooby-babe
Are we going again this next year, or are you going to buy some more toys ?

;@) X
Whats "this next year". Have you been drinking.