Turning our children into machines and animals

Search this Thread

Old 19 October 2009, 08:39 AM
The Zohan
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Turning our children into machines and animals

Talking Politics - Yahoo! News UK

Interesting and poiniant read - IMHO of course!
Old 19 October 2009, 11:40 AM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

Well it is obvious that we the electorate are considered by our present leaders to be unintelligent and therefore incapable of thinking for ourselves.

Everything now has to be supervised by an expert who has a remit which does not allow him to use common sense any more and he is expected to lay down our own actions by numbers according to a list of some kind, which requires only enough intelligence to understand what we are being told to do. Departure from such listed actions will attract heavy penalties!

All very Orwellian of course and a frightening thought for the future!

Les
Old 19 October 2009, 12:03 PM
Klaatu
Scooby Regular

Comunisum failed in Russia, it will work in the UK.
Old 19 October 2009, 04:37 PM
EddScott
Scooby Regular

Received 64 Likes on 32 Posts

Personally I'm quite impressed with the job my daughters school is doing in her - shes 7.

She talks to me about Vangogh, Lowry, Andy Warhol. The great fire of london in detail. Sing me a song to help remember the fates of Henry 8th wives. Her reading is spot on and rarely asks what certain words are. She explained volume to me after a science lesson. Only thing I'm not 100% on is her maths. It doesn't seem particularly complicated.

Whether all this is supposed to help her learn Art, History, science, Maths and English or just to stuff her through her next test I don't know but at least shes learning something.

I'm more worried that her time in the education system is going to be whilst our country negotiates its way through bankruptcy.
Old 19 October 2009, 11:42 PM
cster
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Klaatu
Communism failed in Russia, it will work in the UK.
Ain't that the f*ckin truth!
Old 20 October 2009, 11:22 AM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by EddScott
Personally I'm quite impressed with the job my daughters school is doing in her - shes 7.

She talks to me about Vangogh, Lowry, Andy Warhol. The great fire of london in detail. Sing me a song to help remember the fates of Henry 8th wives. Her reading is spot on and rarely asks what certain words are. She explained volume to me after a science lesson. Only thing I'm not 100% on is her maths. It doesn't seem particularly complicated.

Whether all this is supposed to help her learn Art, History, science, Maths and English or just to stuff her through her next test I don't know but at least shes learning something.

I'm more worried that her time in the education system is going to be whilst our country negotiates its way through bankruptcy.
She sounds to be pretty intelligent and is lucky enough to be getting a broad education which is all important to her later developement.

Les