Notices
Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Immigrant can stay because he has a pet cat!

Search this Thread

Old 19 October 2009, 08:44 AM
sarasquares
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Immigrant can stay because he has a pet cat!

This is crazy

Immigrant allowed to stay because of pet cat - Telegraph

I wonder how many immigrants will buy a pet as a way of staying in the country?

Last edited by sarasquares; 19 October 2009 at 08:52 AM.
Old 19 October 2009, 09:31 AM
urban
Scooby Regular

The whole PC nonsense has to be stopped.
It nothing but a joke now.
Old 19 October 2009, 09:36 AM
ChefDude
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You forgot to mention...

"...he was entitled to a "private and family life"

in conjunction with...

"Mr O'Leary added that his client originally brought the case because he should have benefited from a Home Office policy on unmarried partners which gives credit to couples who have been together more than two years. The Bolivian had been with his partner for four years, he said.

The cat was just the icing on the 'he did have a relationship and life here' cake.

as long as he pays taxes and doesn't sponge off the state, who cares?

London probably survives because all the immigrants work and work harder than the inmates
Old 19 October 2009, 09:39 AM
kingofturds
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I fear for my sons future with these morons in charge of the Country.

How can an illegal legally work here?

Last edited by kingofturds; 19 October 2009 at 09:41 AM.
Old 19 October 2009, 10:12 AM
cster
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by kingofturds
I fear for my sons future with these morons in charge of the Country.

How can an illegal legally work here?
As long as he supports himself - who cares?
Old 19 October 2009, 10:13 AM
Clarebabes
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by sarasquares
This is crazy

Immigrant allowed to stay because of pet cat - Telegraph

I wonder how many immigrants will buy a pet as a way of staying in the country?
Look at the positives Sara, it's a whole new market for your little pups
Old 19 October 2009, 10:19 AM
sarasquares
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Clarebabes
Look at the positives Sara, it's a whole new market for your little pups

I would be more worried it would end up in a sandwich
Old 19 October 2009, 10:22 AM
sarasquares
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by cster

I am going to open this up a bit...

So anyone can over stay their visa, which is illegal. Take away jobs from people that live legally in this country while they are an still an illegal immigrant, meet someone then be allowed to stay?

I dont think it is right.
Old 19 October 2009, 10:27 AM
dunx
Scooby Senior

Originally Posted by cster
Tell that to any of the indigenous population who don't currently have a job....

dunx
Old 19 October 2009, 10:36 AM
The Zohan
Scooby Regular

I am going to open this up a bit...

So anyone can over stay their visa, which is illegal. Take away jobs from people that live legally in this country while they are an still an illegal immigrant, meet someone then be allowed to stay?

I dont think it is right.
No Sarah it is not right and not fair and just sets and example and gets back on the grapevine so we then have more and more 'illegals' trying and succeeding to get here to work illegally.

For those who say that illegals prop up the economy - well they should not this is not a reason to turn a blind eye, they should not stay or be allowed to they should be actively sort out and immediatly removed - even without passport, interrogated until they disclose thier point of origin. Companies using illegals have an unfair advantage over legitimate firms paying the taxes and NI and this is not fair, right or legal.

Fill the jobs they leave with minimum wage long-term unemployed - remove their benefits if necessary so they have to work!

It really is time this country got itself sorted out, its indigenous population in employement and then filled any gaps with properly qualified, vetted immigrants.

we need to stop being seen as the dustbin of Europe and a soft touch!

Last edited by The Zohan; 19 October 2009 at 10:38 AM.
Old 19 October 2009, 10:37 AM
sarasquares
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by dunx
Tell that to any of the indigenous population who don't currently have a job....

dunx

My son was going into the army but has had to put everything on hold because his cruiciate ligament has gone. he lives in Luton atm and is unable to find work, and who anyone knows Luton will know how bad the problem is there. He is desperate for work. He didn't manage to finish his carpentry apprenticeship because he was hit by a car which caused his knee injury and he wasnt allowed back because of H&S. He cant get a job and one that will also pay his rent, but i believe he would be able to if there were not so many illegal immigrants STEALING our jobs. This is my opinion.

He cannot afford to take on a job for the money the immigrants are happy to receive, its wrong.
Old 19 October 2009, 10:52 AM
The Zohan
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by dunx

dunx
Some would have you believe (for what agenda i do not know) that those who are unemployed do not want to work, in some cases yes but also there are people out there who do want to work and finding it harder to find jobs and get work. I speak from bitter experience.
Old 19 October 2009, 11:11 AM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

How very thoughtful of the court not to publish the cat's name as they say to protect its privacy!!!

How much further into the depths of absurdity will these PC Plonkers go I wonder?

Les
Old 19 October 2009, 11:12 AM
Turbohot
Scooby Regular

He cant get a job and one that will also pay his rent, but i believe he would be able to if there were not so many illegal immigrants STEALING our jobs. This is my opinion.
^ Wrong. I respect your opinion, you are entitled to it. but some won't agree with it. They will offer theirs what they are entitled to.

He cannot afford to take on a job for the money the immigrants are happy to receive, its wrong.
^ So, why is it wrong if any legally staying immigrant on work permit is ready to take on the job for pennies, what your son may not want to do???

Sara, I am very much on the thought that any country can do without unnecessary load. Illegal immigrants are a burden on the society etc. etc. But slagging a situation off for no strong reason is not right. Immigrants are NOT stealing the jobs, they are given those jobs by some British, caucasian bosses like yourself, because the likes of your son wouldn't do those jobs.

Ask your son to take a humble stance, and go for one of the pizza factory jobs those immigrants are doing. British legislation offers "Reasonable Adjustments" for people with disabilities. I am sure adjustments can be made for him, and he can be given some suitable task to perform for money. Or, tell him to take a Law or Medicine degree to become a lawyer or a doctor; like some of those immigrants do.

What makes me laugh is that blinkered view where the contribution to the economy from the immigrants is totally overlooked. They shouldn't be here, full stop! LOL.

Please don't take any of above personally. I feel for your son. He is a good lad, I hope he gets a suitable job for himself soon. I just felt the need to comment upon this pluralistic ignorance, where "Immigrants are STEALING our jobs" has become a slogan for many to blindfold themselves to the reality.
Old 19 October 2009, 11:35 AM
sarasquares
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Turbohot
^ Wrong. I respect your opinion, you are entitled to it. but some won't agree with it. They will offer theirs what they are entitled to.

^ So, why is it wrong if any legally staying immigrant on work permit is ready to take on the job for pennies, what your son may not want to do???

Sara, I am very much on the thought that any country can do without unnecessary load. Illegal immigrants are a burden on the society etc. etc. But slagging a situation off for no strong reason is not right. Immigrants are NOT stealing the jobs, they are given those jobs by some British, caucasian bosses like yourself, because the likes of your son wouldn't do those jobs.

Ask your son to take a humble stance, and go for one of the pizza factory jobs those immigrants are doing. British legislation offers "Reasonable Adjustments" for people with disabilities. I am sure adjustments can be made for him, and he can be given some suitable task to perform for money. Or, tell him to take a Law or Medicine degree to become a lawyer or a doctor; like some of those immigrants do.

What makes me laugh is that blinkered view where the contribution to the economy from the immigrants is totally overlooked. They shouldn't be here, full stop! LOL.

Please don't take any of above personally. I feel for your son. He is a good lad, I hope he gets a suitable job for himself soon. I just felt the need to comment upon this pluralistic ignorance, where "Immigrants are STEALING our jobs" has become a slogan for many to blindfold themselves to the reality.

I think you are missing the point i am making, its the illegal Immigrants that are the problem.

I am not talking about legal immigrants, already too many in our tiny country but the overload of illegal immigrants. They take very low paid work, because they have no paperwork. If they didnt exist then the employers would have to employ legal workers at the minimum wage, not less like they do with the illegals.
Old 19 October 2009, 11:42 AM
The Zohan
Scooby Regular

The reality is the illegals live and work in areas settled by thier own kind in most cases (you would wouldn't you in their situation). They are often employed by 'bosses' as you say but from their communities who run/ownm restraunts, butchers, other shops, cleaning companies. In many cases for below minimum wages and without paying tax ot NI - the companies or the illegals.

It is not all like Barroness Swan employing a cleaner or two here and there.
Old 19 October 2009, 11:53 AM
kingofturds
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

It's the flood of immigration over the last decade that has driven the average wage down. My old company paid quality control staff £7.50 an hour back in 2005 today it's £5.85.
Fine if you plan on living in a grotty bedsit and send £50 a week back to Poland but I guess you would struggle to rent anything decent if you are a single young lad like saras son.

Just playing devils advocate
Old 19 October 2009, 11:53 AM
Turbohot
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Paul Habgood
The reality is the illegals live and work in areas settled by thier own kind in most cases (you would wouldn't you in their situation). They are often employed by 'bosses' as you say but from their communities who run/ownm restraunts, butchers, other shops, cleaning companies. In many cases for below minimum wages and without paying tax ot NI - the companies or the illegals.

It is not all like Barroness Swan employing a cleaner or two here and there.
Yes, that happens too.

Two of the local restaurants here were nailed for similar reasons. Such places are under strict vigilance of the authorities, and being taken care of, quite proactively.

It still doesn't hide the fact that if British Caucasian people were ready to do the jobs for less money, and be not so fussy, they don't have to be unemplyed. Other than that, they can educate better to secure good jobs. Ranting over illegal immigrants is not going to get a job. They will get kicked out sooner or later, anyway.

Unless they have a pet cat.
Old 19 October 2009, 12:00 PM
sarasquares
Scooby Regular

Yes, that happens too.

Two of the local restaurants here were nailed for similar reasons. Such places are under strict vigilance of the authorities, and being taken care of, quite proactively.

It still doesn't hide the fact that if British Caucasian people were ready to do the jobs for less money, and be not so fussy, they don't have to be unemplyed. Other than that, they can educate better to secure good jobs. Ranting over illegal immigrants is not going to get a job. They will get kicked out sooner or later, anyway.

Unless they have a pet cat.

One important point to remember is that the illegals do not pay car tax and insurance, rent properties(they sleep 10 to a room if they have to) and pay household bills, the list goes on. BUT my son does have to pay most of the above so there is no way he can take a pittance of a wage.

Maybe i am missing something here

And no, they wont get kicked out sooner or later. The original post explains how they get to stay in this country.
Old 19 October 2009, 12:02 PM
Turbohot
Scooby Regular

It's the flood of immigration over the last decade that has driven the average wage down. My old company paid quality control staff £7.50 an hour back in 2005 today it's £5.85.
Ok. Now lets have a look why illegal immigration even came into existence. GB accpted it, so face the tune.

Fine if you plan on living in a grotty bedsit and send £50 a week back to Poland but I guess you would struggle to rent anything decent if you are a single young lad like saras son.

LOL KOT, I fully expected Devil's advocacy on Scoobynet to greatest of degree

You are right.

So, what can be really done about it??

Look into the solutions.

1. They should go back to their own countries.

Ask the British government with white British hierarchy to send them all back where they belong Ok, if that happens, I hope your relatives do those minial deadend jobs they were doing, and the British economy blooms once again.
Old 19 October 2009, 12:08 PM
Turbohot
Scooby Regular

Maybe i am missing something here
Yes, you are.

Illegal or legal, no immigrants are STEALING the jobs your son may like to do.

Be patient, stop looking at the bigger picture, tell him to keep searching for suitable positions, and he will find something.

Blaming the bigger picture and forgetting to focus upon what you/your son should be doing is missing.
Old 19 October 2009, 12:10 PM
magepaster
Scooby Regular

The name of the cat was removed from court papers to protect its identity????????

Pointless fighting a system that has become so far removed from reality that it believes a cat can be traced by giving its name and that it would suffer from people knowing who it was.

unfookinbelievable
Old 19 October 2009, 12:13 PM
Klaatu
Scooby Regular

I heard on TV today, Aus, that the BBC was too "PC"?? Is that right?
Old 19 October 2009, 12:15 PM
alcazar
Scooby Regular

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts

My eldest is in the same sort of boat: he started work on £14 an hour as a skilled welder/plater. Due to the recession he got laid off, he now works for £12 an hour, in Holland, and if he comes back here, IF he can get work, the same job now pays £10 an hour ............and that's if he finds work, most of which is now on the North Bank from here, so that's £27 a week bridge tolls straight off his wages
Old 19 October 2009, 12:18 PM
kingofturds
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Ok. Now lets have a look why illegal immigration even came into existence. GB accpted it, so face the tune.

LOL KOT, I fully expected Devil's advocacy on Scoobynet to greatest of degree

You are right.

So, what can be really done about it??

Look into the solutions.

1. They should go back to their own countries.

Ask the British government with white British hierarchy to send them all back where they belong Ok, if that happens, I hope your relatives do those minial deadend jobs they were doing, and the British economy blooms once again.
Are you polish? have I offended you

A better solution would be to force those not working to take these nmw jobs yet let them keep a percentage of their housing benefit say 40% thus enabling them to contribute something to society.
Although I am unsure some of the knuckle draggers that hang around the dole office are employable
Old 19 October 2009, 12:19 PM
Klaatu
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by alcazar
My eldest is in the same sort of boat: he started work on £14 an hour as a skilled welder/plater. Due to the recession he got laid off, he now works for £12 an hour, in Holland, and if he comes back here, IF he can get work, the same job now pays £10 an hour ............and that's if he finds work, most of which is now on the North Bank from here, so that's £27 a week bridge tolls straight off his wages
Almost like "Victorian work houses" aye? Globalisation started in the Victorian industrial era.
Old 19 October 2009, 12:19 PM
sarasquares
Scooby Regular

Yes, you are.

Illegal or legal, no immigrants are STEALING the jobs your son may like to do.

Maybe stealing was the wrong word to use but my point is the same. If the illegals were not here my son would have a much better chance to find a job that pays at least the minimum wage.
Old 19 October 2009, 12:28 PM
Klaatu
Scooby Regular

Maybe stealing was the wrong word to use but my point is the same. If the illegals were not here my son would have a much better chance to find a job that pays at least the minimum wage.
That's unlikely, seriously. A migrant myself, I/we don't steal jobs. Clearly you don't recall London Transport's "problem" in the 50's, ever wonder why drivers and conductors were black at some time? Maybe you're too young?
Old 19 October 2009, 12:34 PM
sarasquares
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Klaatu
That's unlikely, seriously. A migrant myself, I/we don't steal jobs. Clearly you don't recall London Transport's "problem" in the 50's, ever wonder why drivers and conductors were black at some time? Maybe you're too young?

I was not born in the 50's so i cant relate to what you are saying.

I think the population has doubled since then and times have changed greatly. This is a unique situation we are in now and one that does not seem to be getting any better.

And once again i have already said that 'stealing' may have been the wrong word to have used. Taking is more apt i think.
Old 19 October 2009, 12:37 PM
kingofturds
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Originally Posted by Klaatu

Nearly 400000 people dead soilders that's a hell labour shortage.

Quick Reply: Immigrant can stay because he has a pet cat!