Notices
Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Harriet Hardon - still thinking she is above the law and us mere mortals

Search this Thread

Old 04 October 2009, 05:32 PM
The Zohan
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Harriet Hardon - still thinking she is above the law and us mere mortals

Harriet Harman failed to leave details at scene of car crash, allege witnesses | Politics | The Observer

The MP for Camberwell and Peckham is reported to have wound down her window following the crash and said to witnesses: "I'm Harriet Harman – you know where you can get hold of me," before driving off.

TBH I would not recognise the munter if she slapped me around the face with a wet haddock!
Old 04 October 2009, 05:42 PM
David Lock
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

Harriet Hardon..........

Sorry Paul but she doesn't do that for me .....

dl

(or is that her offical nickname?)

Last edited by David Lock; 04 October 2009 at 05:44 PM.
Old 04 October 2009, 05:56 PM
Martin2005
Scooby Regular

She really is one of my very least liked MPs, how the hell she has got to be in the government is mystery (maybe you're on to something with the 'Hardon' thing)
Old 04 October 2009, 06:06 PM
f1_fan
Scooby Regular

Was this reported in The Mail on Sunday by any chance?

I have no time for her, but you get my drift.
Old 04 October 2009, 06:13 PM
Snazy
Scooby Regular

Sounds about right to me!
Annoying arsehole!

Disgraceful and she "should" be dealt with...... but wont be of course.
Old 04 October 2009, 06:14 PM
Snazy
Scooby Regular

The accident, which is said to have occurred while the leader of the House of Commons was using her mobile phone, did not result in any injuries.
But of course, it will result in no charges.
Old 04 October 2009, 06:19 PM
Trout
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Paul Habgood
Harriet Harman failed to leave details at scene of car crash, allege witnesses | Politics | The Observer

The MP for Camberwell and Peckham is reported to have wound down her window following the crash and said to witnesses: "I'm Harriet Harman – you know where you can get hold of me," before driving off.

TBH I would not recognise the munter if she slapped me around the face with a wet haddock!
I think she was kerb crawling

PS There are some saying she is a candidate to replace GG?!!!!!!!
Old 04 October 2009, 06:26 PM
alcazar
Scooby Regular

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts

If A SINGLE charge is brought against that ****, I'll stand the drop at Lincoln
Old 04 October 2009, 06:35 PM
f1_fan
Scooby Regular

Funny this NSR place. Not one person has posted on this thread other than me questioning the validity of the report especially as it emanates from the The Mail on Sunday.

Yet as soon as they report anything positive about the governmnet you all say it is media fabrication, in the pocket of the government etc.

Hmmmmm
Old 04 October 2009, 06:40 PM
Snazy
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by f1_fan
Funny this NSR place. Not one person has posted on this thread other than me questioning the validity of the report especially as it emanates from the The Mail on Sunday.

Yet as soon as they report anything positive about the governmnet you all say it is media fabrication, in the pocket of the government etc.

Hmmmmm
Where does the MoS come into it?
The sheer fact that there is this quote
A Scotland Yard spokesman said yesterday: "We are investigating a minor traffic collision and are in the process of taking statements from all parties concerned."
is enough to confirm authenticity for me.

There is plenty of Labour hype on NSR, in fact some might say far too much. However, this is about a person who will hide behind her job, rather than a "labour scum" thread
Old 04 October 2009, 06:41 PM
Snazy
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Martin2005
She really is one of my very least liked MPs, how the hell she has got to be in the government is mystery (maybe you're on to something with the 'Hardon' thing)
Could not agree more!
Old 04 October 2009, 06:43 PM
The Zohan
Scooby Regular

Exclamation

Hmmmmm
It's reported in the Guardian mate
Old 04 October 2009, 06:44 PM
kingofturds
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

It was from the observer. Would you by any chance be defending her because you want to get into her fishy pants
Old 04 October 2009, 06:44 PM
f1_fan
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Snazy
Er it is they who brought the story to the attention of the police
Old 04 October 2009, 06:48 PM
f1_fan
Scooby Regular

I think you are all missing the point. The story emanated from the press (the MoS I believe) and yes it may be in the other papers, but it is they who tipped off the police. All I am saying is why don't we wait and see as the press aren't exactly known for their letting the facts prevent publication of a good story. I am sure said event occurred, but may not be quite as presented to us.

No time for ANY politician so no love lost there, but even less time for the press.
Old 04 October 2009, 06:53 PM
Martin2005
Scooby Regular

The sheer fact that there is this quote

is enough to confirm authenticity for me.

There is plenty of Labour hype on NSR, in fact some might say far too much. However, this is about a person who will hide behind her job, rather than a "labour scum" thread

Errr are we talking about the same NSR???

Because on this NSR I'd say that maybe 1 in 1,000,000,000,000 political threads are positive about the government
Old 04 October 2009, 06:56 PM
Snazy
Scooby Regular

Er it is they who brought the story to the attention of the police
Did they?
And, errm.... so what if they did? Maybe this is the sort of story that needs the media behind it, so an MP pays for what they have done for once.

Regardless of what part the MoS play, it seems that other news agencies are happy with the validity of the story, so are reporting it. So im not sure why it matters WHO reported it to the police.

Is there any proof that it was not the car owner and witnesses that first reported it?
Given that the facts of the story are as simple as... car she was driving hit another car, shouted out the window, and drove off... I hardly see there being a deep and complex explaination as to how this occured.
The phone part, might be a little twist, but im sure phone records, and maybe local CCTV would help. Dulwich has plenty of it
Old 04 October 2009, 06:59 PM
richie001
Scooby Regular

Because on this NSR I'd say that maybe 1 in 1,000,000,000,000 political threads are positive about the government
That's because it hard to be positive about a government who is hate by the people it meant to serve.
Old 04 October 2009, 06:59 PM
Snazy
Scooby Regular

lol maybe the end result finishes up that way, but there have been plenty hyping Blair, Brown, Darling, and labour over recent months.
Old 04 October 2009, 07:01 PM
f1_fan
Scooby Regular

Did they?
And, errm.... so what if they did?
You asked where they came into it. So I told you!

Maybe this is the sort of story that needs the media behind it, so an MP pays for what they have done for once.

Regardless of what part the MoS play, it seems that other news agencies are happy with the validity of the story, so are reporting it. So im not sure why it matters WHO reported it to the police.

Is there any proof that it was not the car owner and witnesses that first reported it?
Given that the facts of the story are as simple as... car she was driving hit another car, shouted out the window, and drove off... I hardly see there being a deep and complex explaination as to how this occured.
The phone part, might be a little twist, but im sure phone records, and maybe local CCTV would help. Dulwich has plenty of it
And maybe the story is complete bollocks. Ever thought of that? Nope, didn't think so. Maybe the truth is somwhere in between. I know you want to believe it so you can justify your dislike of her, but it just may not be as black and white as is presented to us. Where the press are involved things seldom are.
Old 04 October 2009, 07:01 PM
Snazy
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by hutton_d
From 'I'm Harriet Harman - you know where you can get me...' What Minister allegedly told witness after crashing into parked car | Mail Online

"... A senior police source said: 'Ms Harman was due to be questioned by officers last week but because of the Labour Party conference, it is believed they have delayed speaking with her until later this week.'The police were contacted by concerned members of the public who had witnessed the accident and the behaviour of Ms Harman who they said drove off without leaving her details ..."

FYI ....

Dave

Yeah......................but the Mail on Sunday right................

Originally Posted by richie001
That's because it hard to be positive about a government who is hate by the people it meant to serve.
Single sentance summary.
Old 04 October 2009, 07:06 PM
Snazy
Scooby Regular

You asked where they came into it. So I told you!
But seemingly got it wrong.

And maybe the story is complete bollocks. Ever thought of that? Nope, didn't think so. Maybe the truth is somwhere in between. I know you want to believe it so you can justify your dislike of her, but it just may not be as black and white as is presented to us. Where the press are involved things seldom are.
And maybe its not? Ever thought of that lol.
Dear oh dear. If a paper is happy to publish it, im happy that the story they are reporting is true to the best of their knowledge. If its not, im sure we will all bow down.

I dont even know the woman, so "justify your dislike of her" Are you serious ?
I could not give a monkeys about the woman, I just dont like ANYONE blatently flaunting the law.

You're right, it might not be quite as clear cut, but please..... amuze me with some mitigating circumstances that you would accept, and justify the situation.

Im sure the good folks of Dulwich didnt just see her drive past one day, and scream "quick, call the MoS, lets make up a story about her"
Old 04 October 2009, 07:06 PM
f1_fan
Scooby Regular

OK final try here.

The police are waiting to question her this next week because of the Labour Party Conference last week.

So if as we are to believe several concerned members of the public came forward and the incident occured on July 3rd why did they wait until last week to do so or are we expected to believe the police just waited some 13 weeks to do anything.

If you don't smell the hand of the press in here especially given the timing then fair enough, but I know what I think.
Old 04 October 2009, 07:13 PM
f1_fan
Scooby Regular

lol maybe the end result finishes up that way, but there have been plenty hyping Blair, Brown, Darling, and labour over recent months.
No there haven't, Pete got banned
Old 04 October 2009, 07:15 PM
Snazy
Scooby Regular

OK final try here.

The police are waiting to question her this next week because of the Labour Party Conference last week.

So if as we are to believe several concerned members of the public came forward and the incident occured on July 3rd why did they wait until last week to do so or are we expected to believe the police just waited some 13 weeks to do anything.

If you don't smell the hand of the press in here especially given the timing then fair enough, but I know what I think.
OK, where shall we start...
Labour deputy leader Harriet Harman is being investigated by the police after she was involved in a traffic collision, it was revealed last night.
Revealed, not reported to the police, not the start of the investigation, not the call was received from the public.
Investigations for these things are generally pretty slow.
For starters, the owner of the car would report the incident to their insurance to begin the claim for the damage. They would probably be asked for witness info.
The witness info would acuse Harman.
Then slowly but surely, a small (no doubt over worked and under funded) dept of the Met would open an investigation into the matter. Beginning to collect witness statements from anyone willing to come forward.

Once the driver of the car is confirmed, the long process of contacting the registered keeper of the car would start, 14-28 days to provide the name of the driver............

Can you see where this is going?

Investigations take time. Possibly in that time the owner of the car or a witness decided to contact the media, the media contact the police, and they in turn release a statement.

Thats what I think ...........

Having been involved in a number of road traffic incidents as both witness and victim, im quite familiar with how long these things can drag on.
Old 04 October 2009, 07:16 PM
Snazy
Scooby Regular

No there haven't, Pete got banned
lol shame that eh
Old 04 October 2009, 07:28 PM
f1_fan
Scooby Regular

OK, where shall we start...

Revealed, not reported to the police, not the start of the investigation, not the call was received from the public.
Investigations for these things are generally pretty slow.
For starters, the owner of the car would report the incident to their insurance to begin the claim for the damage. They would probably be asked for witness info.
The witness info would acuse Harman.
Then slowly but surely, a small (no doubt over worked and under funded) dept of the Met would open an investigation into the matter. Beginning to collect witness statements from anyone willing to come forward.

Once the driver of the car is confirmed, the long process of contacting the registered keeper of the car would start, 14-28 days to provide the name of the driver............

Can you see where this is going?

Investigations take time. Possibly in that time the owner of the car or a witness decided to contact the media, the media contact the police, and they in turn release a statement.

Thats what I think ...........

Having been involved in a number of road traffic incidents as both witness and victim, im quite familiar with how long these things can drag on.
LOL Well it's not what I think. I think many people have no idea how the press work.

Anyway let's agree to differ and sit back and see what happens. Tenner say no charges are brought regardless of whether she did it or not btw
Old 04 October 2009, 07:29 PM
f1_fan
Scooby Regular

lol shame that eh
Actually as tedious as some of his threads were I rather liked his style, but there you go.
Old 04 October 2009, 07:34 PM
The Zohan
Scooby Regular

Yes, and me and i know you do not leave the scene of the accident without echanging information. It is the law - even for NL Ministers...

Quick Reply: Harriet Hardon - still thinking she is above the law and us mere mortals