Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Off paintballing, any tips?

Search this Thread

Old 03 October 2009, 12:11 PM
Boro
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Off paintballing, any tips?

Havent been paintballing in like 20 years. Im guessing things have changed lol.

What should i expect? Any tips?
Old 03 October 2009, 12:19 PM
boxst
Scooby Regular

Wear a box!

Steve
Old 03 October 2009, 12:24 PM
Butty
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Did the same on hols last year - they still hurt and 20 years later your not so quick & agile.
Old 03 October 2009, 12:25 PM
Glowplug
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by boxst
Wear a box!

Steve
Second that

Keep well covered up mate, they come very keen on unprotected areas
Old 03 October 2009, 12:28 PM
Boro
Scooby Regular

Lol, ive got 1 hour before kick off and dont have a box! Hmmm

Now im worried lol
Old 03 October 2009, 12:29 PM
TonyBurns
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Apart from having to cover yourself up use cover to your best advantage, if its outdoors then use the dead ground (low level river beds etc) and keep the least ammount of your body showing at any one time, shooting from prone reduces this or kneeling rather than standing in the middle of open ground firing and you can move n fire, not very accurate but hey, its fun

Tony
Old 03 October 2009, 12:30 PM
TonyBurns
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Wink

Originally Posted by Boro
Lol, ive got 1 hour before kick off and dont have a box! Hmmm

Now im worried lol
Big pair of socks should cover it

Tony
Old 03 October 2009, 12:32 PM
Boro
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by TonyBurns
Big pair of socks should cover it

Tony
You know me so well

Im sure Beth has some leg warmers i could use
Old 03 October 2009, 12:39 PM
astraboy
Scooby Regular

wear as many layers as possible. The air gap between the multiple layers will reduce impact speeds, not to mention bruising!
astraboy.
Old 03 October 2009, 12:42 PM
Boro
Scooby Regular

Im thinking pair of jeans, combat trousers, overalls over the top. A t-shirt, thick hoodie+overalls, my old bike neck warmer and some gloves. Think im worrying too much? lol
Old 03 October 2009, 12:49 PM
LG John
Scooby Regular

Off paintballing, any tips
Yeah. Don't get shot!
Old 03 October 2009, 01:13 PM
Glowplug
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Boro
Im thinking pair of jeans, combat trousers, overalls over the top. A t-shirt, thick hoodie+overalls, my old bike neck warmer and some gloves. Think im worrying too much? lol
No! It f'in hurts
Old 03 October 2009, 01:23 PM
MJW
Scooby Senior

You'll need some sturdy boots with ankle protection, and something to protect your neck.
Old 03 October 2009, 01:36 PM
ronjeramy
Scooby Regular

or football boots
Old 03 October 2009, 02:37 PM
M444GY
Former Sponsor

Location: MSOCs tyre and ROTA wheel dealer .Ruisliptyres@gmail.com

2 pairs of jaens and 2 tops a balaclava and a hat and some rainex for the visor , u will be invincible
Old 03 October 2009, 03:11 PM
GC8
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by boxst
Wear a box!

Steve
Yes. Take gloves and a scarf too: and thick trousers...
Old 03 October 2009, 03:22 PM
yoza
BANNED

Never hide in a 205litre drum, there will always be one available, but its for the idiot.

If your a semi-pro take your own ***** and have them fresh from the freezer almost solid.

Take earmuffs to deaden your opponents screems.

Dont be surprised if at the end of session washup someone gets knocked the **** out.
Old 03 October 2009, 03:47 PM
Petem95
Scooby Regular

Does bloody hurt when you get hit -especially at close range.

Did it in the summer for a mates stag do and things were looking good when we were put up againt a team of 12 year old chavs, but they turned out to be amazing (obviously had plenty of practice out on 'the street'). I got some serious bruising, and some of the worst bruises took a couple of weeks to fully recover.

Good fun tho
Old 03 October 2009, 04:01 PM
Simon C
Scooby Regular

Cycling gloves that have finger protection are a good idea, a wooly hat for head protection (all from experiance) I've never been shot in the danglies so I personally would bother with protection down there, plus the idea is keep moving so you a hard target to hit.

Last time I went, I wore my hockey goalie body armour boy did that foil alot of peoples fun when I stormed the base Being foam the ***** didn't burst and turned me into a universal soldier Got very hot and sweaty but came out unscathed. Down side was there was a comp down the pub after for the best war wound, the least imppressive had to get the first 2 rounds in, me being unmarked got that honour.
Old 03 October 2009, 04:01 PM
ALi-B
Support Scoobynet!

Received 301 Likes on 240 Posts

Don't stand still like nugget....run forest run...moving targets are much harder to hit
Old 03 October 2009, 06:08 PM
richiewong
Twatful

Accuracy by volume, club together and buy a box of 2000. Ask for a discount in doing so, if it's Delta Farce don't bother, they are rip off shit bags.

Having so many layers will help reduce welts but you'll sweat like a good 'un and fog your really bad rental goggles.
Old 03 October 2009, 06:10 PM
Boro
Scooby Regular

Just got back. Man, that was a good laugh. Thanks for the tips. I got laughed at when i turned up with all the gear mentioned but came back unscathed and not one bruise

Stuffed a couple of wooly socks down me pants, motorbike gloves/neck warmer, thick hoody+polo neck, jeans+combats+overalls. I was looking like the michellin man, haha.

Downside, i sweated like paedo in mothercare and my mask steamed up for a passtime. We did get given some fog-x type stuff, that helped but not enough.

The last game was my fave. It was part of a stag do, so the stag and best man went against the firing wall at the very end so we could empty whatever paintballs we had left at them.

Marshall fella hadnt realised we'd all kept full hoppers just for that reason, lol.

Lets say there will be a few bruises on show over the next few weeks
Old 03 October 2009, 06:16 PM
corradoboy
Scooby Regular

A bit late as you've probably finished for the day, but try to elect a leader and work to a plan, or take charge yourself. With most occasional paintball events having mainly people who've done it once or never before, and no tactical training, it is usual for everyone in both teams to run around with no aim or purpose. If on person gets people working to a plan you will probably win every game. Last time I did it I was fresh out of a management training course and thought I'd see how the leadership techniques applied in this scenario, we were 9-0 up by lunch on the other team
Simple things, like in the games where both teams advance forward to get a flag in the middle, and then carry it through to the opposition base. Easy, let them come forward to you making all the moves whilst you're dug in, picking them off at will. When their numbers are greatly reduced storm them a win in a single decisive move.
The one where they're dug in to a fort (usually a pile of pallets or something) it's usual for the attacking team to surround the fort whilst they defend their whole perimiter, DON'T surround them ! Attack a single point chosen wisely (cover, poorly defended, whatever) rendering much of their defence wasted.
Simple tactics which any military bods or pro-paintballer will easily spot and counter, but most IT geeks, shopworkers, decorators etc won't have a clue what to do.
Old 03 October 2009, 06:54 PM
Big Pete
Scooby Regular

Avoid being shot, don't take it too seriously and above all enjoy yourself
Old 03 October 2009, 08:43 PM
VTR steve
Scooby Regular

Whats the matter with you lot it does'nt hurt at all. Playing at the level you will of been playing at the markers would only shoot at 3 maybe 4 Bps so you are only gonna get one maybe two. If you enjoyed playing try looking at tourny paintball much more fun than playing in the woods and quite a bit cheaper once you get set up. There are tournements at least once a month all over the uk so get a few mates together and go have a go. Check out Planet Eclipse Ltd - Paintball Products for all your bits.
Old 03 October 2009, 08:54 PM
yoza
BANNED

Originally Posted by VTR steve
Whats the matter with you lot it does'nt hurt at all. Playing at the level you will of been playing at the markers would only shoot at 3 maybe 4 Bps so you are only gonna get one maybe two. If you enjoyed playing try looking at tourny paintball much more fun than playing in the woods and quite a bit cheaper once you get set up. There are tournements at least once a month all over the uk so get a few mates together and go have a go. Check out Planet Eclipse Ltd - Paintball Products for all your bits.
All depends upon what your opponents are using, I would say this beastie is going to hurt.

Yes, it is a paintball gun..
Old 03 October 2009, 08:58 PM
stevebt
Scooby Regular

Received 33 Likes on 19 Posts

Wear gloves and a a couple of pairs of tracky bottoms, that way if you get shot it cushions the blow
Old 03 October 2009, 09:16 PM
VTR steve
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by yoza
All depends upon what your opponents are using, I would say this beastie is going to hurt.

Yes, it is a paintball gun..
You may find a few people who have done it before may have there own guns like the one you have in the pic but in all honesty that gun is very low down the food chain when it comes to paintball guns. It may look very scary but the rate of fire would be nowhere near that of a touny set up i have used guns on walk on days that are firing 30 ***** a second. Also most of the walk on guys would use fragile paint that is designed to break when it hits because they want to win. Also all the guns are chrono'ed at a maximum of 300fps so in theory the guys with the scary guns are firing paint at the same velocity just maybe a little more.
Old 03 October 2009, 09:19 PM
yoza
BANNED

Originally Posted by VTR steve
You may find a few people who have done it before may have there own guns like the one you have in the pic but in all honesty that gun is very low down the food chain when it comes to paintball guns. It may look very scary but the rate of fire would be nowhere near that of a touny set up i have used guns on walk on days that are firing 30 ***** a second. Also most of the walk on guys would use fragile paint that is designed to break when it hits because they want to win. Also all the guns are chrono'ed at a maximum of 300fps so in theory the guys with the scary guns are firing paint at the same velocity just maybe a little more.
If I went to an event and one of the opposition had a gun like the one pictured, I would have to take it off him, or go home.
Old 03 October 2009, 09:22 PM
Boro
Scooby Regular

Think we were using a Tippmann 38 custom? Something like that.

Quick Reply: Off paintballing, any tips?