Notices
Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

2 x VIP tickets for Brands Hatch this weekend - Highest Charity bid secures them

Search this Thread

Old 30 September 2009, 06:21 PM
ScottyRB320
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2 x VIP tickets for Brands Hatch this weekend - Highest Charity bid secures them

Hi Folks,

Myself and my wife are going to be at Brands Hatch this weekend for the British Touring Cars Event event, open practice Saturday and the race on Sunday.

We have 2 x VIP tickets available if anyone would like to join us.

Firstly let me explain.

Paul O'Neill British Touring Car Driver and I along with a very close friend and also Ex Serviceman Steve Bremner are launching a charity event for Help for Heroes in 2010, we have not gone fully public with this yet as we are waiting on the website being completed. So you guys on Scooby Net are amongst the first to hear of this along with 2 other forums i am members of.

Track day for Heroes | Coming Soon!

It is a holding page only at this stage.

We are officially registered with Help for Heroes and full details including track venues etc will be available ASAP, our just giving page is up and running ready to receive donations which go directly to Help for Heroes.
Scott Buchanan is fundraising for Help for Heroes - JustGiving

We are waiting on a better photo for the Just Giving Page which we will get this weekend at Brands.

The tickets for this weekend will be as personal guests of Paul and his team with access all areas. This includes Saturday free practice and Sunday race day.

We will be with him in a private area seeing what really goes into preparing for a BTCC event and although Paul will be "in the zone" working he has assured me we will get some time with him between sessions etc.

We understand that this is a very last minute offer but i would like to see if anyone on Scooby Net would like to make a donation to our charity to grab these tickets and join myself and Paul for a weekend never to forget?

If people are interested can they please PM me with their best offers for either 1 or both tickets over the next few days or email me scott@trackdayforheroes.co.uk

I will then contact the highest bidder/bidders and have them pay the donation directly to Help for Heroes via our Just Giving Page so that folks know it is not our beer money for the weekend.....

As a side note the tickets do not include accommodation so this you will need to sort yourself.

So dig deep folks and come and spend the weekend with Paul it is for a cracking cause and you will be the first to donate and get the ball rolling.

You never know you might even see me buying a round of beers!!!

Just as a free plug here are the full details from our Just Giving Page so that you can see exactly what we are hoping to pull off in 2010 with the Help of Paul.

Welcome to the JustGiving page of Trackday for Heroes.
Track day for Heroes | Coming Soon! is a simple idea!

It is the combined idea of Paul O'Neill British Touring car driver, Scott Buchanan Ex Army Air Corps and Steve Bremner Ex RAF Regiment.

All 3 of us have been touched by the continuing number of injured British Servicemen and wanted to do something special in order to boost the funds of Help for Heroes so that they can continue the excellent work in helping our fallen when they get back to the UK.

We are planning a series of Trackdays throught the UK in 2010 all keenly priced and with every single penny raised going to Help for Heroes.

Where there is a cost of booking the track etc this will be funded from Corporate Sponsorship.

The cost of setting up Track day for Heroes | Coming Soon! and the ongoing costs of the 24 Hr UK freephone number 0800 160 1 160 are all being covered from our own pockets!!

So what' so special about a trackday? Surely it will just be the same as any other trackday i could attend?

Not this trackday!!

Our plan is to have professional instruction from the very best in the Country sat right beside you, guys who drive cars for a living! A chance to get up close and personal with THE very best driving talent in the Country!

Keep an eye out on our website for the confirmed list of drivers which we hope will include Current and Ex British Touring Car Drivers, Fulltime Instructors from the likes of Silverstone, all being well a former F1 star and also an A1 GP driver and you never know we might even be able to throw in a few Petrolhead celebrities just to keep you on your toes!!

We also plan on having a nice busy paddock area at each event with Motorsport related companies displaying their latest cars and technology and of course a few models helping show them off.............

Dates and locations to be confirmed ASAP - Places will be on the basis of a minimum donation via our Just Giving Page.

Last edited by ScottyRB320; 30 September 2009 at 06:36 PM.
Old 30 September 2009, 06:23 PM
ScottyRB320
Scooby Newbie

Hi Folks,

Just a quick bit of clarification as i have had a few people contact me.

We are not after hundreds and hundreds of pounds for these tickets, but if we get that we will be over the moon as Help for Heroes is very close to our hearts!!!

We want them to be in reach of true petrolheads who enjoy the BTCC and want a once in a lifetime weekend.

We want to spend the weekend with 2 decent like minded car lovers not some rich weirdo who is going to be a pain............

If you feel more comfortable putting your bids as replies below rather than do them via PM please feel free.

The ticket/s will go to the highest bidder regardless of how their bid was received.

Any comments on our plans for 2010 also greatly received.

So come on dig deep and get your bids in ASAP

Regards

ScottyB
Old 30 September 2009, 09:07 PM
Account deleted by request
Scooby Regular

£100 and a nosh each off mrs chop

Chop
Old 30 September 2009, 09:57 PM
ScottyRB320
Scooby Newbie

Now you leave me with a Dilema Chop, i am trying to put a financial figure on the Nosh from Mrs Chop...........With or without her falsers in..........

Hi Folks,

Just another quick update.

We are receiving some excellent offers from several forums for the Brands Hatch tickets which are really appreciated.

We have also received messages of support from people who are unable to bid on the tickets as they have other commitments and believe it or not offers of money from those unable to attend as a way of helping start the appeal off on the right foot.

So to clarify if you are unable to attend because you live too far away or have the kids that weekend and still want to give a few quid we would be delighted to accept your donations.

Visit our Just Giving Page and feel free to make a donation no matter how big or small.

If everyone on the forums gives even a tiny amount we will get off to an excellent start!

Be assured that the money is held by Just Giving and passed directly to Help for Heroes, remember that all costs for the Trackday for Heroes events including this weekend at Brands Hatch is being funded out of our own pockets or donated by corporate sponsors so you can be content in knowing that every penny will reach Help for Heroes.

Regards

ScottyB
Old 01 October 2009, 08:21 AM
Account deleted by request
Scooby Regular

Wink

Originally Posted by ScottyRB320
Now you leave me with a Dilema Chop, i am trying to put a financial figure on the Nosh from Mrs Chop...........With or without her falsers in..........

Went she puts the effort in she could suck an egg through a straw

Chop
Old 01 October 2009, 12:43 PM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

Pity I can't make it for this.

Incidentally, seeing you buy a round is one thing, but is everyone included?

Hope it goes well.

Les
Old 06 October 2009, 01:17 PM
ScottyRB320
Scooby Newbie

Hi Folks,

Just a quick update.

The lucky person with the highest bid for the British Touring Cars weekend was a serving member of the Armed Forces and his wife; she treated him before he jets off back to Afghanistan for another tour.

They had a fantastic weekend which included pit access and Honda Hospitality.

Paul was fantastic and spent every spare minute with us both on race day and also on Saturday’s free practice.

We ate Honda out of house and home and were treated like royalty for the whole time we were there.

A huge thanks to everyone who contacted me to bid on the tickets, remember even though you were unsuccessful a wee fiver or into the Just Giving Page would not go a miss especially since it is for such a great cause.

Oh and no pressure but the only forum to make a donation so far is the MLR Club!

We have been working hard to make the track days a huge success in 2010 so keep your eyes peeled on our website which should be completed soon.

Track day for Heroes | Coming Soon!

Regards

ScottyB
Old 06 October 2009, 01:32 PM
stilover
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by chopper.

Went she puts the effort in she could suck an egg through a straw

Chop
How much would Mrs Chop need for me to get a Nosh?