Notices
Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Ghostly experiences anyone?

Search this Thread

Old 13 March 2002, 12:34 PM
BBSparkys_Cupra
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You should visit my flat. Things like that happen all the time. Sounds & smells ( cigar smoke etc ) you get used to it after a while and it doesnt bother me now. Did for the first few months though.

Im being dead serious here by the way not taking the mick. I never really believed in it before either.
Old 13 March 2002, 12:52 PM
Jen
Scooby Regular

Red face

Sounds bl**dy scarey mate!!

I've had a few things like this - used to work at a stable yard when I was younger and we had nights (usually during the winter months where you could a horse in the outdoor school we had...nothing there though...although there was a couple of old showjumpers buried in the field next to it ..freaked me out.

Another one is our old dog who always appears in the house just in the corner of your eye every year since she had to be put down, but that doesn't scare me, just makes me sad and kinda happy at the same time

I'd go and have a look at your girlfriends house as well, although I don't think they'll really be any danger! Just not to great if it's upsetting your lad...

Jen

Old 13 March 2002, 12:53 PM
Fosters
Scooby Regular

This is a genuinely interesting thread! I've not had any wierd experiences, but this sort of stuff does interest me.

Old 13 March 2002, 01:04 PM
Squizz
Scooby Regular

Red face

Bravo - You have to wonder if she's got a habit of picking accomodation with "tenants", or she's the one actually projecting the phenomena!!

Old 13 March 2002, 01:07 PM
carl
Scooby Regular

If it happens at two specific times it sounds like something with a perfectly rational explanation.

[Serious question] Is it timezone invariant, i.e. is it still 7:30 and 11:30 when we switch to BST?
Old 13 March 2002, 01:13 PM
The Crushinator
Scooby Regular

hmmmm... ...i once had a really big creepy shadow hover over my bed. It reached out for me. Scary as h*ll. Maybe it was someone after my car keys, i dunno.
Old 13 March 2002, 01:14 PM
shunty
Scooby Regular

Carl - you a UNIX guy or programmer by any chanceI havnt' looked at your profile I must admit. I am referring to your logical_technical approach

I am also very interested in the paranormal phenomon (sp) & ghosts etc btw.
Love to hear more stories before the joke wizards come in

shunty
Old 13 March 2002, 01:17 PM
Jen
Scooby Regular

Bravo - sorry m8!! Was just thinking about me dog - must have put me off!!

Not usually that dippy... the times are a funny thing though - there not the times the heating switches on/off are they? is it exactly those times or roundabout? i.e. could it be heat from the pipes contracting floor boards and making the noise? Try getting her to maybe keep the heating/hot water off for a night and see if it still happens?

I think it should only be worrying if it was distressing your lad...

Jen
Old 13 March 2002, 01:18 PM
Jolly Green Monster 2
Scooby Regular

Wink

Never experianced much.. but interested..

Used to live on a farm and one of the neighbouring fields you could walk across and there was a cold section... you step into it and out and it was there most warm summer evenings like walking past an open fridge.. probably heat and cold coming from the ground.

Can you not visit at 7:30 and stand in the hall?

It is a little worrying that your son knows about them at the age of 4 but it is most likely that your ex-wife has mentioned it in front of him or he has watched the cartoons on the telly etc..
Kids pick up things really easily..

You could put it down to the house flexing but not at set times everyday... how about the people below, or next twos heating?

Spooky

JGM

Old 13 March 2002, 01:21 PM
Jolly Green Monster 2
Scooby Regular

Wink

My in-laws house used to have a ghost that turned lights off and then back on...

turned out to be the wiring was very old and kept shorting...

Used to do an effecting scary lighting effect though...

All sorted now..

JGM
Old 13 March 2002, 01:25 PM
bioforger
Scooby Regular

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Red face

I had a really weird, scary experience. In my youth we decided to have a ouija board session. It happened in my friends flat. We were messing about with it as you do, copying a sequence from a film, I forget the name. Anyway the board spelled out the words 'monk, contact, fear' which wasnt spooky at the time, as we thought each of us were moving the pointer together However this was not the case, as shortly afterwards, after we'd finished, we heard a tapping noise from the window closest to us, 3taps at a time, seperated by a second, which repeated 5 maybe 6 times, loud taps, just like some1 knocking. We all froze then freaked as my mates flat was on the 13th floor! no balcony, no window cleaners, late at night Dont play with ouija boards kids! I later found out the towerblock was built on a demolished church site back in the early 70's, coincidence?
Old 13 March 2002, 01:30 PM
Jen
Scooby Regular

Oh well there goes my theory!
Old 13 March 2002, 01:38 PM
bioforger
Scooby Regular

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Bravo see above stay well clear is my opinion...
Old 13 March 2002, 01:39 PM
Katana
Scooby Regular

I woke up to a ghostly pale figure next to me a few years back. I almost got a heart attack. That was the last time ever got drunk and pick up women in night clubs.

eidt ~ for ghostly experience, try to live in Malaysia for a year. This place is a ghost cesspot and loads of supernatural things happens. I've even seen a few.

[Edited by Katana - 3/13/2002 1:40:45 PM]
Old 13 March 2002, 01:41 PM
carl
Scooby Regular

shunty -- nope, I work in IP networking (although at uni I did astrophysics). If I was a Unix programmer, I would say I had two kids: numbers 0, 1 and 2
Old 13 March 2002, 02:08 PM
shunty
Scooby Regular

Carl -

shunty
Old 13 March 2002, 03:19 PM
Gordo
Scooby Regular

Cool

charge the bugger rent would be my advice!
Old 13 March 2002, 03:58 PM
mbc
Scooby Regular

could it be the central heating going on and off,my floor boards creak like hell when the heatings warming up and cooling down,and my stairs creak without nobody on them but thats just where they are loose and they are popping back up after you have stepped on them,sometimes 20 minutes after.
Old 13 March 2002, 04:04 PM
Scoobychick
Scooby Regular

Cool

Lots of 'strange' things have happened to me, my mum and a couple of friends over the years, a lot of it occuring whilst we lived in an old house. To cut a long story short a Medium friend of my mum's came round one day and most definately felt 'something', as she went into one particular room she felt very cold. Later on when we split the house in two the lady that moved in was standing in this same room looking out of the french doors and realised that in the reflection she could see a man sitting writing at a desk, she turned round and looked into the room but there was nothing there, not even a desk! We did some research and found out that a previous occupier had been an elderly gentleman who happened to be a writer, make of it what you will!

This house was a large rambling old place set in it's own grounds behind a huge brick wall that ran all the way round the border of the property, the only way in to it was through this massive oak gothic gate set into the wall of the front garden, down some steps and along a gravel path to the front door. One day my us kids were playing in the front garden (with the front door open) and mum was in the kitchen at the sink at the back of the house. She felt someone behind her and turned round thinking it was one of us or our housekeeper but it was this elderly lady, mum was a bit taken aback but kept her composure and asked the woman if she could help her (LOL) as she seemed a bit dazed and confused, the woman mumbled something in return but mum didn't understand her. Mum thought she must have wandered into the garden by mistake and in through the open front door that us kids had left open. She then offered to help the old lady back out to the road and turned round to the sink to put her rubber gloves down, she turned back and the old lady was nowhere to be seen! Mum had a quick look round then called the housekeeper who was in the dining room halfway up the hall in the direction of the front door, she hadn't seen or heard anyone, they did a search of the house and saw no-one then came and asked us kids if we'd seen the old lady come into the garden and past us - we hadn't! We never saw the 'old lady' again and my mum is convinced it was a ghost!

Sal
Old 13 March 2002, 04:48 PM
Scoobychick
Scooby Regular

Unhappy

Bravo I've just sent you a long long email with suggestions of what to do but it's disappeard and I'm bu99ered if I can remember it all to type again

I'll try and send you a short version!

Quick Reply: Ghostly experiences anyone?