Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Fat greedy bitch!

Search this Thread

Old 17 September 2009, 06:59 PM
chocolate_o_brian
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fat greedy bitch!

Fooking old bird thats just come round mine. Bloody canvasseurs. Got a new tactic it seems... bloody guilt trips on their wages

So it goes like this...

Me looking on tinterweb, door goes, answer it politely to some pig ugly 50+ fat bint (it doesn't really matter what she looks like but she pissed me off so I have right LOL). I'm a nice guy so ask her whats up thinking shes lost some cat or whatever. Then the clipboard comes out. Now I'm not an unpleasent lad so I thought I'll hear her out and drop her gently if it's something I, a) don't need or more than likely, b) I can't afford.

This time it's rendering, something where a) and b) apply. But her tactics are very forward and pressurising it seems.

Her: "*** N**** P****** you live at then"
Me: "Aye"
Her: "Are you the home owner"
Me: "Yes love I am"
Her: "Your postcode is DN** *??"
Me: "Yeah it's DN** ***"
Her: "Phone number is 01724???"
Me (clicking on): "Erm I'm not comfortable where these details are going. I don't give out my number to random canvasseurs, sorry"
Her: "Do you have a mobile?"
Me: "Yes but the rule is for all numbers"
Her: "Work number??"
Me (getting annoyed but trying to be polite): "Sorry I don't want to give my details out like this but understand you've got a job to"
Her: "But I won't get paid"
Me (quite shocked at this one): "Sorry"
Her: "Well I may as well take my leaflet back off you then if we (the company) won't get any business from you"
Me: "Erm ok, no problem"
Her (Turning round and walking away after literally paper cutting my fingers snatching the leaflet): "Waste of my bloody time you"
Me: "On second thoughts, the rendering may need some work"
(She turns back round looking like the cat that got the creme)
Me: "Ah I've got your attention... **** off you fat bint and don't bother me again"

Sorry, she pissed me off

Last edited by chocolate_o_brian; 17 September 2009 at 07:02 PM. Reason: Spelling etc etc.
Old 17 September 2009, 07:02 PM
V5RLTD
Scooby Regular

It does ya fooking head in doesnt it! They normally come round just as your sat having your tea! If i need new windows or whatever i will seek them myself!!
Old 17 September 2009, 07:02 PM
tanyatriangles
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by chocolate_o_brian
Fooking old bird thats just come round mine. Bloody canvasseurs. Got a new tactic it seems... bloody guilt trips on their wages

So it goes like this...

Me looking on tinterweb, door goes, andswer it politely to some pig ugly 50+ fat bint. I'm a nice guy so ask her whats up thinking shes lost some cat or whatever. Then the clipboard comes out. now I'm not an unpleasent lad so I thought I'll hear her out and drop her gently if it's something I a) don't need or more than likely b) I can't afford.

This time it's rendering, something where a) and b) apply. But her tactics are very forward and pressurising it seems.

Her: "*** N**** P****** you live at then"
Me: "Aye"
Her: "Are you the home owner"
Me: "Yes love I am"
Her: "Your postcode is DN** *??"
Me: "Yeah it's DN** ***"
Her: "Phone number is 01724???"
Me (clicking on): "Erm I'm not comfortable where these details are going. I don't give out my number to random canvasseurs, sorry"
Her: "Do you have a mobile?"
Me: "Yes but the rule is for all numbers"
Her: "Work number??"
Me (getting annoyed but trying to be polite): "Sorry I don't want to give my details out like this but understand you've got a job to"
Her: "But I won't get paid"
Me (quite shocked at this one: "Sorry"
Her: "Well I may as well take my leaflet back off you then if we (the company) won't get any business from you"
Me: "Erm ok, no problem"
Her (Turning round and walking away after literally paper cutting my fingers snatching the leaflet: "Waste of my bloody time you"
Me: "On second thoughts, the rendering may need some work"
(She turns back round looking like the cat that got the creme)
Me: "Ah I've got your attention... **** off yuo fat bint and don't bother me again"

Sorry, she pissed me off
LOL, you dog, you've spent too much time in my company

Of course, you DO realise that when you get up tomorrow, the rendering WILL need some attention........thanks to Mrs fat biatch?
Old 17 September 2009, 07:04 PM
chocolate_o_brian
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by tanyatriangles
LOL, you dog, you've spent too much time in my company

Of course, you DO realise that when you get up tomorrow, the rendering WILL need some attention........thanks to Mrs fat biatch?
She looked all chin and no trousers bless her. And you know I'm quite a patient person
Old 17 September 2009, 07:07 PM
Ray_li
Scooby Regular

good one
Old 17 September 2009, 07:17 PM
J4CKO
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I just had the third call this month about "Plumbing and Drains" cover, I said I am not interested and he carried on, was being polite as I dont think there is any reason to be unpleasant, you can still make your point without being a **** but he persisted and I just said that I am going now, my tea is on the table and put the phone down, winds me up getting called at annoying moments, sex, under car, up ladder etc
Old 17 September 2009, 07:20 PM
chocolate_o_brian
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by J4CKO
I just had the third call this month about "Plumbing and Drains" cover, I said I am not interested and he carried on, was being polite as I dont think there is any reason to be unpleasant, you can still make your point without being a **** but he persisted and I just said that I am going now, my tea is on the table and put the phone down, winds me up getting called at annoying moments, sex, under car, up ladder etc
This is my approach, just it seems door 2 door canvasseurs are getting more pushy and expectant nowadays.
Old 17 September 2009, 07:34 PM
richieh
Scooby Regular

I like it old chap- i hate cold sellers too-how you keeping these days? Flat out I take it?
not seen you on msn in ages but then again I have had a run of work.
Take care and let me know hows you and the pug doing sometime
cheers Richie
Old 17 September 2009, 08:02 PM
Ant
Scooby Regular

love your approach
Old 17 September 2009, 08:20 PM
chocolate_o_brian
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by richieh
I like it old chap- i hate cold sellers too-how you keeping these days? Flat out I take it?
not seen you on msn in ages but then again I have had a run of work.
Take care and let me know hows you and the pug doing sometime
cheers Richie
I'm good Richie. Doing the Corus stuff during the week whilst working on commission art work and downloading/filtering music for DJing on a weekend - yeah I'm kinda busy

Pug's good, gonna sort chavvy exhaust out, then sell it for something else I think.
Old 17 September 2009, 10:11 PM
PaulC72
Scooby Regular

We have a dont buy from cold callers poster in the door so they tend not to knock, mine you removing the knocker helped too ;-)
Old 17 September 2009, 10:19 PM
Sonic'
Scooby Regular

When they ring my doorbell they get sprayed with water, them cheap joke shops come in handy from time to time
Old 17 September 2009, 11:31 PM
ALi-B
Support Scoobynet!

Received 301 Likes on 240 Posts

I never answer the door

If its one of my mates or the neighbours they ring on the phone; usually something along the lines of "answer the f**king door you prat".

Although I have been known to let it go to voicemail
Old 18 September 2009, 12:03 AM
Lisawrx

I rarely answer the door to strangers, but if I ever do I have never felt the need to be rude to someone.

I don't agree with cold calling, but people have jobs to do, and it's one I would never want. She may have acted badly, but there was no need to get personal about her appearance imo. You could've still pulled her up for her reaction to you, even saying she'd wasted your time, it's the nature of the job, not all people will be interested, and she's disturbed you not the other way round, but to personally insult her is not necessary.

If you need to insult someone doing their job, albeit rudely, then insult their manner, not appearance.
Old 18 September 2009, 07:16 AM
chocolate_o_brian
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Lisawrx
I rarely answer the door to strangers, but if I ever do I have never felt the need to be rude to someone.

I don't agree with cold calling, but people have jobs to do, and it's one I would never want. She may have acted badly, but there was no need to get personal about her appearance imo. You could've still pulled her up for her reaction to you, even saying she'd wasted your time, it's the nature of the job, not all people will be interested, and she's disturbed you not the other way round, but to personally insult her is not necessary.

If you need to insult someone doing their job, albeit rudely, then insult their manner, not appearance.
Point taken, but if you were there and could see the context in which she was pressurising me to give details over via bling trickery and expectance then you would have a different view on things.

I picked up on her appearance as means to insult her as she did me.

Now if this happened to you, she was rude to you, and she then turned away mumbling (deliberately loud enough to hear) about wasting HER time (even thought this is her paid employment), its human nature to retaliate, especially as this was not a working environment for myself. This is by no means justification for my actions, and I'm not looking for acceptance as I would do it again, but I am not prepared to be pressurised using a different technique every week into giving details over.

Now let me ask you this, Lisa. She assumed certain things and got my address/postocde out of me before I twigged. She then moved onto wanting phone numbers promising only one call - yeah right I politely and stress that word POLITELY said I'm not prepared to hand out said phone number(s). So rather than listening to what I had said i.e. phone numbers , she proceeded to pester me for other details. Why the hell would she want a work phone number so her client or whatever could bug me there instead??

Sorry Lisa, your comments don't cut it with me. The thread was a little light hearted but it has/had something more deep and meaningful behind it. She deserved what she got, it was quite easy for her to say "sorry to have bothered you sir, thanks for your time", yadda yadda. But she didn't she snatched her free bloody leaflet off me, didn't bother with goodbyes and mumbled rudely under her breath. So I personally think she was unprofessional - me, I was in my home environment and suggest she change her attitude before attemping her pressuring/expectant tactics on other folk that aren't naive.
Old 18 September 2009, 08:53 AM
JDM_Stig
Scooby Regular

Received 41 Likes on 33 Posts

This role play thing seems to have taken a new twist, what you and the mrs do is up to you guys lol
Old 18 September 2009, 09:05 AM
pimmo2000
Scooby Regular

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by V5RVLTD
It does ya fooking head in doesnt it! They normally come round just as your sat having your tea! If i need new windows or whatever i will seek them myself!!
How many people buy windows on impulse ? lol

Originally Posted by J4CKO
n, winds me up getting called at annoying moments, sex, under car, up ladder etc
Having sex under a car up a ladder ...
Old 18 September 2009, 09:13 AM
cossie-nutter
Scooby Regular

Good on you kick all the ******* to the curb!

This is my door sign as had enough of the w@nkers!

Old 18 September 2009, 09:17 AM
f1_fan
Scooby Regular

cossie-nutter,

That is an awful door sign and you should be ashamed of yourself.

It's menus not menu's
Old 18 September 2009, 09:22 AM
cossie-nutter
Scooby Regular

Old 18 September 2009, 09:37 AM
WIZZY2376
Scooby Regular

Have a tried and tested method of getting rid of cold callers , as soon as they ask "is this your house" the answer is no we rent they have no where to go then has worked every time. Has no effect on religious fanatics though
Old 18 September 2009, 09:52 AM
subaruturbo_18
Scooby Regular

Bit off subject, but once my mates old man got a cold call trying to sell double glazing. It went something like this....(obviously not 100% detail but you get the idea of what was done )

Mate: Hello

Seller: Hello mr **** im from w4nker windows we specialize in selling double glazing at the cheapest possible costs would you be interested?

Mateossibly, what deals have you got on?

Seller: Great. well at the moment we have a 30% off deal. As a basic idea How many windows and doors do you have in your house?

Mate: well i live in a 4 bedroom detached house with one front door and 2 rear doors. each room has a double window, and the living room has a bigger one.

Seller: ok we have 3 different types of front doors, and 3 types of backdoors these are ********. the popular one at the moment is the **** style door

Mate: oh that sounds nice.

Seller: ok im glad you like that. with the windows how many glazed (bathroom) ones would you be needing. also we have 3 different types of window patterns/styles.

Mate: 2 glazed windows and i think the style id go for is ****

Seller: brilliant, ok so a total cost would come to about £****.**, would you like me to send you the information in the post so you can review it, sign it and send it back to us?

Mate: Na i've already got double glazing mate.

seller: err.....

Bit poinltess but he was bored. fun to waste their time for a change
Old 18 September 2009, 12:45 PM
tanyatriangles
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by subaruturbo_18
Bit off subject, but once my mates old man got a cold call trying to sell double glazing. It went something like this....(obviously not 100% detail but you get the idea of what was done )

Bit poinltess but he was bored. fun to waste their time for a change
My mate's brother does the following:

Phone rings, he finds it's someone selling windows, and says, "Oh, right, I was just thinking about new windows, what are yours like and what sort of prices?"

As soon as the caller starts in, he then interrupts and says, "Oh, sorry, there's someone at the door, I won't be a minute," and away he goes to his living room, leaving the phone off the hook. He times 5 minutes, goes back and off the caller goes again. Within 30 seconds, my mate's bro says, "Hang on, the pot's boiling over, I won't be a moment,", and goes off for a further five minutes.

When he comes back, the caller is RARELY still there, but if the are, he gives them another 30 seconds and "The bath is ruinning over". No-one has EVER hung on past that

And before anyone says it's not right to waste their time, he din't ASK for the call.
Old 18 September 2009, 01:04 PM
dunx
Scooby Senior

Oi c.o.b. don't go dissin' yer mama !

LOL

dunx
Old 18 September 2009, 01:45 PM
finalzero
Scooby Regular

For Joeys (Jehovah's Witnesses) I pretend I haven't got a clue what they are on about or I will start talking jibberish.

Failing that I sometimes open the door and say: "I got a message from your boss, he told me to tell you to go stick your head up someones backside, preferebly the person standing to your immediate left".

But having fun with them first doesn't hurt.
Old 18 September 2009, 03:47 PM
Will
BANNED

I once asked a Jehovah at the my door if i can bumm Jesus after i die, you should of seen the look on their faces

Last edited by Will; 18 September 2009 at 06:55 PM.
Old 18 September 2009, 05:20 PM
howellsy42
Scooby Regular

i get my mate who lives with us to answer the door the other day he answered the door and when asked if this was his house he said no im just robbing it then closed the door i was pissing myself !!!
Old 18 September 2009, 05:30 PM
what would scooby do
Scooby Senior

Not sure if I ever posted this up on here before but here goes:

Knock on door and there is a double glazing salesman (DGS)

DGS: Hi Sir can I interest you in some double glazing

Me: What kind of DG ? (having a mate in DG I know some stuff about it)
DGS: Err..

Me: Like see, you can have your normal stuff, or composite frames, different glass etc
DGS: Oh we do all of that yes..

Me: You don't know a thing about DG do you
DGS: Of course I do - I've been selling this stuff for 6 years

Me: (With a flourish of arm waving and pointing to my windows) Well sir, if you knew a thing about DG you would have noticed I have brand new DG fitted.

DGS: Would you like some new doors then
Old 18 September 2009, 06:12 PM
dunx
Scooby Senior

For Joeys (Jehovah's Witnesses) - little old lady, me property developer, wating for a boiler to be delivered, so VERY BORED....

"Isn't the world terrible ?", "Yes !" says I....

"Isn't society crumbling ?", ditto

"Isn't poverty awful ?", ditto

"Isn't greed wrong ?", ditto

Anyway, you get the picture..... so after an hour she says....

"So would you like to come to our meetings ?", "Good God no ! , BYE !".

NEVER saw another one ever, then I moved !

LOL

dunx
Old 18 September 2009, 06:52 PM
Lisawrx

Originally Posted by chocolate_o_brian
Point taken, but if you were there and could see the context in which she was pressurising me to give details over via bling trickery and expectance then you would have a different view on things.

I picked up on her appearance as means to insult her as she did me.

Now if this happened to you, she was rude to you, and she then turned away mumbling (deliberately loud enough to hear) about wasting HER time (even thought this is her paid employment), its human nature to retaliate, especially as this was not a working environment for myself. This is by no means justification for my actions, and I'm not looking for acceptance as I would do it again, but I am not prepared to be pressurised using a different technique every week into giving details over.

Now let me ask you this, Lisa. She assumed certain things and got my address/postocde out of me before I twigged. She then moved onto wanting phone numbers promising only one call - yeah right I politely and stress that word POLITELY said I'm not prepared to hand out said phone number(s). So rather than listening to what I had said i.e. phone numbers , she proceeded to pester me for other details. Why the hell would she want a work phone number so her client or whatever could bug me there instead??

Sorry Lisa, your comments don't cut it with me. The thread was a little light hearted but it has/had something more deep and meaningful behind it. She deserved what she got, it was quite easy for her to say "sorry to have bothered you sir, thanks for your time", yadda yadda. But she didn't she snatched her free bloody leaflet off me, didn't bother with goodbyes and mumbled rudely under her breath. So I personally think she was unprofessional - me, I was in my home environment and suggest she change her attitude before attemping her pressuring/expectant tactics on other folk that aren't naive.
I do understand your anger, and think you have every right to have said something to her due to her rude and unprofessional attitude. But if you are going to react to someone being rude, the best approach is probably not to be rude yourself is all.

You could have easily pulled her up for her comments, and even said she was the one who knocked on you, disturbing you and wasting your time. You could have said you were going to make a formal complaint about her (waste of time to actually do, as her company probably welcome the pushy attitude).

I'm sorry, my comments may not cut with you, that's fine, but I'm entitled to my opinion. You had a problem with how she treated you (rightly so), but her physical appearance has nothing to do with it. Insult her manner if it makes you feel bettter, as that's what's at fault.

Quick Reply: Fat greedy bitch!