Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

"BMW Customer Service"

Search this Thread

Old 12 March 2002, 08:44 PM
Boost II
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking

Was quite suprised to see a BMW on the M1 hard shoulder on Sunday, it seemed to have a puncture. Now the odd bit. There was a second immaculately polished silver BMW estate parked next to it, all stickered up with "BMW Customer Service" and complete with flashing lights on the top - it looked almost like an F1 pace car! Then there was a guy in a suit changing the wheel for the customer.
Is this normal or what? Sure puts my tight **** Subaru dealer in the shade.
Old 12 March 2002, 11:52 PM
DazV
Scooby Regular

Yep, you'd be right about it being top BMW customer service.

My girlfriend left the interior light on in my M3 a while back, so a quick call had the service man out to recharge my battery for me (within 1 hour, on a Sunday)

My old Subaru dealer would've laughed if I'd have asked them!
Old 13 March 2002, 07:42 AM
Seamus300
Scooby Regular

Smile

Had to call them over my then new 323 in 99. I locked the keys in the boot whilst loading it with laptops, cases etc (doh - tosser), I was working in Swindon at the time. Phoned BMW assist (this was about 8pm), the nearest available car to me was South London! It arrived in just under an hour! Brand new 540 Touring. He had the seats out of my car, tripped the boot release, replaced the wire he had to splice all in about 10 mins. Excellent service.
Old 13 March 2002, 08:42 AM
ptholt
Scooby Regular

Range Rover have this facility as well, havent used the beemer one yet - touch wood, but the range rover one was very good as well.

Came out and fixed something that had caused us to cease our journey. Also compression tested it whilst fixing etc, very impressed.

Don't vw have something similar as well now from memory?
Old 13 March 2002, 08:51 AM
Bin Laden
Scooby Regular

Most cars have similar - it's called the AA or sometimes the RAC.
Old 13 March 2002, 10:44 AM
scoobylover
Scooby Regular

The other good thing about bmw customer service is that when the car has been in one of bmws main dealers for a service or other work about a week later bmw uk always ring to make sure you were satisfied
Old 13 March 2002, 11:54 AM
fast bloke
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

Their accident management service is excellent as well. I smacked my BM last year. No-one was injured so I called them to see if I could get the car towed. They had someone there in about 20 minutes to collect the car and one of the customer service guys took me home. They delivered my loan car at 7.00 AM the next morning and the guy who delivered the car also took all insurance details etc and sorted the entire thing. All from one phone call. I've also got them to change a wheel while I was in a meeting.