terrorists get real jail time

Search this Thread

Old 14 September 2009, 03:44 PM
The Zohan
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up terrorists get real jail time

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/5/20090914/...l-45dbed5.html

Ali - who was described as the plot ringleader - was sentenced to life in prison, to serve no less than 40 years.

The judge told him it was unlikely he would ever be released from prison.

"I have concluded you are a driven and determined extremist with boundless energy and an ambition to lead a terrorist outrage of boundless proportion," he said.

"By this conspiracy you sought the attention of the world, and you now have it."

Sarwar and Hussain were both handed the same sentence, to serve at least 36 and 32 years respectively.

I can only hope they end up on the prison farm looking after the pigs the whole time they are inside. Let's hope Bubba is also feeling a little frisky...

Last edited by The Zohan; 14 September 2009 at 03:45 PM.
Old 14 September 2009, 07:22 PM
jods
Scooby Senior

I just HOPE they do actually serve at least the minimum terms handed down but expect that the "human rights lobby" will come out of the woodwork with their bleeding hearts in due course.

One thing that boils my **** is that it is YOU and I who will fund these scumbags being fed and watered three times a day for the time they DO serve.

All their assets should be seized and sold in order to contribute to the costs of locking them up.
Old 14 September 2009, 08:17 PM
richs2891
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by jods
I just HOPE they do actually serve at least the minimum terms handed down but expect that the "human rights lobby" will come out of the woodwork with their bleeding hearts in due course.

One thing that boils my **** is that it is YOU and I who will fund these scumbags being fed and watered three times a day for the time they DO serve.

All their assets should be seized and sold in order to contribute to the costs of locking them up.
mmm the older I get the more I think the death penalty should be brought back.- Why oh Why should we all have to contribute to keeping these waste of spaces alive !

Richard
Old 14 September 2009, 08:53 PM
borderlinechris
Scooby Regular

how long before an "appeal" ??
Old 14 September 2009, 09:11 PM
Mifo
Scooby Regular

Should be shot if you ask me. Why should we waste more money on them . They must have already costed millions with the investigation and trial alone.

Lets hope they dont get cancer anytime soon otherwise they will be let out.
Old 14 September 2009, 10:50 PM
boomer
Scooby Senior

Originally Posted by hutton_d
A real sentence that's for sure. But was the plot actually real? Have a read of Mass murder in the skies: was the plot feasible? ? The Register for an analysis of how the *bombs8 were going to work. Or not, as the case maybe ....

I'm not usually one for conspiracy theories (though here in West Cornwall I regularly see Elvis on his paper round ... ) but this story is distinctly dodgy. A little like this one from a few years back ... Wood Green ricin plot - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Though obviously a *guilty* outcome from the trial gives the powers that be more ammunition to curtail even more of our freedoms.

Dave
Exactly - there has been a lot of government spin put on this, and quite a few facts appear to have been forgotten. ISTR that most, if not all, of the accused (now "convicted") didn't have valid passports - a slight problem for a massacre that was to occur within days!!

Also, whilst the BBC showed how "destructive" the alleged bombs could be, it was assuming perfect laboratory conditions to mix the chemicals - not a bog on a plane. If the pathetic attempt to bomb london part 2 was an example, they would make the shoe bomber look like a genius!!!

And what are the odds of Kiddie **** being found on anyone who is found "innocent" of the bombing conspiracy?

mb
Old 15 September 2009, 10:50 AM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

The death penalty might not do much to stop suicide bombers, but it would certainly discourage a lot of the other heinous crimininals we hear about.

Les
Old 15 September 2009, 03:03 PM
Martin2005
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Leslie
The death penalty might not do much to stop suicide bombers, but it would certainly discourage a lot of the other heinous crimininals we hear about.

Les
Les

You used the the word certainly, which suggests you have some evidence of this? The reason I ask is that to the best of my knowledge this has never been proved, and real life evidence from countries with the Death Penalty would suggest the opposite, namely it tend to lead to an even more violent society (at least thats the case in the US)
Old 16 September 2009, 12:57 PM
Klaatu
Scooby Regular

Les
History suggests otherwise, unfortunately.
Old 16 September 2009, 01:04 PM
Klaatu
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Martin2005
Les

You used the the word certainly, which suggests you have some evidence of this? The reason I ask is that to the best of my knowledge this has never been proved, and real life evidence from countries with the Death Penalty would suggest the opposite, namely it tend to lead to an even more violent society (at least thats the case in the US)
No, you are wrong. People are violent. Why we get to what looks like a "society" being violent is when there is inequality. All the laws passed in the UK, and most of the EU, are geared to keep surfs as taxpaying surfs, and the elite where they are.

Why is parliament in the UK now surrounded by police? To keep their representives...OUT.

Guy Fawkes would have a better chance in the 21st century. And that is what is needed.

911 was the call for the US, what will be a UK "911", the 2005 London bombings? I doubt the UK has seen the last of this sort of "internal" objection.
Old 16 September 2009, 04:14 PM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

Les

It has never been investigated and that will be because of the outcry from the PC Plonkers and other similarly minded people if there was a move to reinstate it.

What I will say however is that I can remember back to the days when the death penalty was a part of law in this country.

The number of murders in those days was such that any murder was full front page stuff whereas now they hardly make much more that a small column on the inside pages. As far as criminals are concerned now, other people's lives are of little importance compared with the actions they are about to do and also the importance of their own freedom. it is the same as what we see now with lesser crimes since the prats in charge now don't even punish them any more in such a way that it is worth worrying about. They get such top level treatment in prison that many of them welcome it now! How is that going to improve the situation Martin? They have even let a bunch of rapists, paedophiles, and worse criminals out of prison now long before they have completed their sentences! Do you honestly expect a criminally minded person to actually feel any gratitude towards the authorities for giving him an easy time in prison? He is far more likely to laugh behind his hand and do it all again when he sees the chance.

Do you think that is the best way to treat criminals Martin, they are not being rehabilitated since there is no reason to change their ways.

I personally feel that prison with hard labour should be re-introduced so that prison sentences are not a pleasant experience. The soft PC Plonker way is not working! When it comes to culpable murder then I support the death penalty. What rights does such a person deserve over the top of his victim?

Les
Old 16 September 2009, 09:58 PM
Martin2005
Scooby Regular

It has never been investigated and that will be because of the outcry from the PC Plonkers and other similarly minded people if there was a move to reinstate it.

What I will say however is that I can remember back to the days when the death penalty was a part of law in this country.

The number of murders in those days was such that any murder was full front page stuff whereas now they hardly make much more that a small column on the inside pages. As far as criminals are concerned now, other people's lives are of little importance compared with the actions they are about to do and also the importance of their own freedom. it is the same as what we see now with lesser crimes since the prats in charge now don't even punish them any more in such a way that it is worth worrying about. They get such top level treatment in prison that many of them welcome it now! How is that going to improve the situation Martin? They have even let a bunch of rapists, paedophiles, and worse criminals out of prison now long before they have completed their sentences! Do you honestly expect a criminally minded person to actually feel any gratitude towards the authorities for giving him an easy time in prison? He is far more likely to laugh behind his hand and do it all again when he sees the chance.

Do you think that is the best way to treat criminals Martin, they are not being rehabilitated since there is no reason to change their ways.

I personally feel that prison with hard labour should be re-introduced so that prison sentences are not a pleasant experience. The soft PC Plonker way is not working! When it comes to culpable murder then I support the death penalty. What rights does such a person deserve over the top of his victim?

Les
Murder rates have been steadily increasing since way BEFORE the death penalty was abolished!!

I've said many many times on here, I'm all in favour tougher sentences and tougherr jail time.

I always look at it like this, how do I explain to my 8 year old son that killing is wrong, if then the state goes and does it?
Old 16 September 2009, 10:01 PM
The Dogs B******s
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Murder rates have been steadily increasing since way BEFORE the death penalty was abolished!!

I've said many many times on here, I'm all in favour tougher sentences and tougherr jail time.

I always look at it like this, how do I explain to my 8 year old son that killing is wrong, if then the state goes and does it?
Old 16 September 2009, 10:01 PM
Martin2005
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Klaatu
No, you are wrong. People are violent. Why we get to what looks like a "society" being violent is when there is inequality. All the laws passed in the UK, and most of the EU, are geared to keep surfs as taxpaying surfs, and the elite where they are.

Why is parliament in the UK now surrounded by police? To keep their representives...OUT.

Guy Fawkes would have a better chance in the 21st century. And that is what is needed.

911 was the call for the US, what will be a UK "911", the 2005 London bombings? I doubt the UK has seen the last of this sort of "internal" objection.
And the death penalty changes this how.........?
Old 16 September 2009, 10:40 PM
finalzero
Scooby Regular

these lowlifes got what they deserved - plain and simple these ******* wanted to commit criminal activities with little disregard for life, they should get no puppy glove treatment.

Whether it was a publicity stunt or not (and the viability of actually being able to make the particular devices is open to debate), how stupid do you have to be to not realise, in this current climate such an act is just asking to become someones jail hoe!
Old 16 September 2009, 10:55 PM
Martin2005
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by The Dogs B******s

why the scratching of the head?
Old 16 September 2009, 11:00 PM
kingofturds
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

why the scratching of the head?
Say god forbid your son was mutilated by these proposed attacks. How would you justify to him how the perpetrators were better of alive then dead?
Old 16 September 2009, 11:04 PM
Martin2005
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by kingofturds
Say god forbid your son was mutilated by these proposed attacks. How would you justify to him how the perpetrators were better of alive then dead?
And where does that line of reasoning lead us?
Old 16 September 2009, 11:10 PM
kingofturds
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

And where does that line of reasoning lead us?
Would you rather they spent a few years in jail playing ps3 and take the moral high ground. Or face the death penalty?

I feel sorry for your son if it is the former
Old 16 September 2009, 11:21 PM
Martin2005
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by kingofturds
Would you rather they spent a few years in jail playing ps3 and take the moral high ground. Or face the death penalty?

I feel sorry for your son if it is the former
What has a PS3 got to do with anything?

And I would absolutely prefer they went to jail (and stayed there) than were killed by our country.

And my son will grow up knowing the difference between right and wrong, and free from the confusion that comes from the obvious hypocricy that is the death penalty (so I'd rather you focus on your own morals than feeling sorry for my wonderful son thanks).