Notices
Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Lithium Ion batteries, AAA, any good?

Search this Thread

Old 09 September 2009, 01:33 PM
tanyatriangles
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lithium Ion batteries, AAA, any good?

At the house in France, we have 4 LED lights that come on when anyone walks near them, then go off again after about 30 seconds. They are excellent for allowing people to go to the loo at night without putting lights on.

Recently, I've seen ads for Li-Ion batteries, now in AA, and AAA shape/size. Has anyone used them, and are they worth the premium over, say Duracell ?
Old 09 September 2009, 02:30 PM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by tanyatriangles
At the house in France, we have 4 LED lights that come on when anyone walks near them, then go off again after about 30 seconds. They are excellent for allowing people to go to the loo at night without putting lights on.

Recently, I've seen ads for Li-Ion batteries, now in AA, and AAA shape/size. Has anyone used them, and are they worth the premium over, say Duracell ?
Have you got a one holer down the garden then?

Les
Old 09 September 2009, 02:48 PM
Klaatu
Scooby Regular

Depends. Recharable batteries are a fickle thing. LI batteries don't have the same old issues like Ni-Cad batteries, ie, you don't have to fully discharge and fully recharge LI batteries. But they still "tire" with age.

For a house, I would source a mains powered solution for security (Until the EU says you can't that is and it is sooner than Copenhagen).
Old 09 September 2009, 03:01 PM
tanyatriangles
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Leslie
Have you got a one holer down the garden then?

Les
LOL, no, there are two at the mo, but both are downstairs, since the upstairs part that WILL have the main bathroom and an ensuite, isn't finished yet, just floored, not divided up into rooms.
Old 09 September 2009, 03:04 PM
tanyatriangles
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Klaatu
Depends. Recharable batteries are a fickle thing. LI batteries don't have the same old issues like Ni-Cad batteries, ie, you don't have to fully discharge and fully recharge LI batteries. But they still "tire" with age.

For a house, I would source a mains powered solution for security (Until the EU says you can't that is and it is sooner than Copenhagen).
These ones I've found don't appear to be rechargeable: AAA X 12 ENERGIZER LITHIUM BATTERIES HIGH CAPACITY on eBay (end time 13-Sep-09 14:29:58 BST)
Old 09 September 2009, 03:10 PM
Klaatu
Scooby Regular

All batteries are "rechargable", really they are, but you need some smarts to do it. Producers don't want you to know this...just to consume, like anything really.