ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   Lithium Ion batteries, AAA, any good? (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/788587-lithium-ion-batteries-aaa-any-good.html)

tanyatriangles 09 September 2009 01:33 PM

Lithium Ion batteries, AAA, any good?

At the house in France, we have 4 LED lights that come on when anyone walks near them, then go off again after about 30 seconds. They are excellent for allowing people to go to the loo at night without putting lights on.

Recently, I've seen ads for Li-Ion batteries, now in AA, and AAA shape/size. Has anyone used them, and are they worth the premium over, say Duracell ?

Leslie 09 September 2009 02:30 PM

Originally Posted by tanyatriangles (Post 8931098)
At the house in France, we have 4 LED lights that come on when anyone walks near them, then go off again after about 30 seconds. They are excellent for allowing people to go to the loo at night without putting lights on.

Recently, I've seen ads for Li-Ion batteries, now in AA, and AAA shape/size. Has anyone used them, and are they worth the premium over, say Duracell ?

Have you got a one holer down the garden then?

Les :)

Klaatu 09 September 2009 02:48 PM

Originally Posted by tanyatriangles (Post 8931098)

Depends. Recharable batteries are a fickle thing. LI batteries don't have the same old issues like Ni-Cad batteries, ie, you don't have to fully discharge and fully recharge LI batteries. But they still "tire" with age.

For a house, I would source a mains powered solution for security (Until the EU says you can't that is and it is sooner than Copenhagen).

tanyatriangles 09 September 2009 03:01 PM

Originally Posted by Leslie (Post 8931199)
Have you got a one holer down the garden then?

Les :)

LOL, no, there are two at the mo, but both are downstairs, since the upstairs part that WILL have the main bathroom and an ensuite, isn't finished yet, just floored, not divided up into rooms.

tanyatriangles 09 September 2009 03:04 PM

Originally Posted by Klaatu (Post 8931228)
Depends. Recharable batteries are a fickle thing. LI batteries don't have the same old issues like Ni-Cad batteries, ie, you don't have to fully discharge and fully recharge LI batteries. But they still "tire" with age.

For a house, I would source a mains powered solution for security (Until the EU says you can't that is and it is sooner than Copenhagen).

These ones I've found don't appear to be rechargeable: AAA X 12 ENERGIZER LITHIUM BATTERIES HIGH CAPACITY on eBay (end time 13-Sep-09 14:29:58 BST)

Klaatu 09 September 2009 03:10 PM

Originally Posted by tanyatriangles (Post 8931255)

All batteries are "rechargable", really they are, but you need some smarts to do it. Producers don't want you to know this...just to consume, like anything really.