Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

02 twats

Search this Thread

Old 06 September 2009, 12:16 PM
stevebt
Scooby Regular

Received 33 Likes on 19 Posts
Default 02 *****

I have a sim only deal with O2 which gives me unlimited interweb and mail, my blackberry was playing up so I put my sim in an iphone for a couple of weeks to see what they were like. Yesterday I get a bill thru for £109 having nearly £90 of that on mobile internet charges I ring them up to complain and they say if its not using the BIS I incur charges for using the web and they refuse they wave the charge. I have asked for my PAC code as I will be jumping ship out of protest, they offered to move my internet tarrif back to a normal one but I didn't want that as I like the Blackberry. Sim only deals are about using any phone, so can they really bump me for this charge which I feel should not exist!
Old 06 September 2009, 12:26 PM
Timwinner
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It does sound a bit sus but I think that they will have it covered in the small print. I have been with o2 from the days on BT cellnet, BT genie, one2one and now o2 and they still treat me with complete disregard. This year I will be moving to 3. o2 are just not a nice company to deal with.
Old 06 September 2009, 12:36 PM
stevebt
Scooby Regular

I have been with O2 since it started, I have only been on a sim only deal for just over 12months as there isn't any phones I want to tie myself into plus work is tight so it all helps Loooking on the web the best phones seem to be with voda or orange anyways so O2 shove it with thier dated phones.
Old 06 September 2009, 12:40 PM
V5RLTD
Scooby Regular

What a nightmare! Im going sim only with orange, 300 mins unlimited texts for £15.00, orange is the best coverage in my area. Also my phones get trashed at work (plasterer) so no need to be paying £35 a month for a phone.
Old 06 September 2009, 12:45 PM
stevebt
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by V5RVLTD
Also my phones get trashed at work (plasterer) .

Thats exactly why I stopped using the blackberry as its a storm and I was assuming the dust was getting under the screen and it was getting harder to use and I was scared incase it was going to break it all together

The worst thing is that since I moved on to sim only deals I have swapped my phone 4 times over the last year as since I only pay £20 a month I don't mind trying other phones and you end up paying more money that if you actually had a contract

Last edited by stevebt; 06 September 2009 at 12:47 PM.
Old 06 September 2009, 01:33 PM
tanyatriangles
Scooby Regular

O2 are a thieving bunch of *****. End of.

I wouldn't touch ANY of their deals with a tenfoot pole
Old 06 September 2009, 01:39 PM
Snazy
Scooby Regular

Steve, from what I have read the BIS data plans on most tariffs are smothered in fine print.
Some people using other browsers on Berrys, other than the BB one or Mini Opera, were getting charged for data usage, as its seen as "out of bundle"

You will sadly probably find that they are in the right I would however expect them to waive it, but clearly not the case.

Good luck gettin it sorted, and hope the Berry is fixed and working soon
Old 06 September 2009, 02:22 PM
Torquemada
Scooby Regular

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Timwinner
It does sound a bit sus but I think that they will have it covered in the small print. I have been with o2 from the days on BT cellnet, BT genie, one2one and now o2 and they still treat me with complete disregard. This year I will be moving to 3. o2 are just not a nice company to deal with.
Ditto. Been with them since they were BT Cellnet also (had the funky little analogue Sony phone the size of a ciggy packet back then, way better reception than I get now with digital!!!).
Basically O2 are massive *****, may the skank of a thousand penises be upon them.
I'm thinking about jumping ship myself depending on what happens at the end of this month at upgrade time, can't see that they have anything worth upgrading to?

I'm totally fed up with their focus on the ultra **** iPhones, it doesn't surprise me that they're sticking you with this bill for the data, cheeky *******.
Good luck with this.
Old 06 September 2009, 05:29 PM
will_wrx
Scooby Regular

Why does this happen?

I have a pay monthly o2 contract with LG renoir.

Last month my bill was £216!!!! My bill is meant to be £35 a month. All of the extra charges were from internet, but I dont use this??

O2 are adament I have used it this much, but I honestly havent.

At the minute I'm refusing to pay my bill.

Complete *******.
Old 06 September 2009, 06:04 PM
Snazy
Scooby Regular

They wont care, they will just cut you off, keep hammering on at you and keep charging you a monthly fee anyway.
These companies take the ****, and believe most will eventually roll over and pay.

Is it possible that you have accidently opened a web connection and left it running? Even if you had, to run up a bill like that you would have to keep refreshing or downloading.

Only thing I can think of is that someone has cloned your SIM and is using it for data.

I used to get bills for stupid amounts from them all the time, eventually just paid the get out and took my contracts elsewhere.

Hope you get it sorted.

Torquemada, do it mate, if you are not happy, stop giving them your business. I would rather pay a fiver a month more, and be happy, than a cheap tariff with crap service.
Old 06 September 2009, 06:06 PM
Snazy
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by will_wrx
Why does this happen?

I have a pay monthly o2 contract with LG renoir.

Last month my bill was £216!!!! My bill is meant to be £35 a month. All of the extra charges were from internet, but I dont use this??

O2 are adament I have used it this much, but I honestly havent.

At the minute I'm refusing to pay my bill.

Complete *******.
PS thats a LOT of data, how much exactly are you being billed for?
Just out of interest, check your phone browser history.
I reckon you have been cloned though.

Torque, you cant say mean things about the iPhone mate, its just not on
Old 06 September 2009, 06:50 PM
Torquemada
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Snazy
Torque, you cant say mean things about the iPhone mate, its just not on
Old 06 September 2009, 06:55 PM
Torquemada
Scooby Regular

Torquemada, do it mate, if you are not happy, stop giving them your business. I would rather pay a fiver a month more, and be happy, than a cheap tariff with crap service.
Too right! I'd just be a bit gutted to lose the number as I've had it since at least 1996 (apart from the thing where they added a 7 to the number)

Things have changed alot over the last couple of years re customer service, they just don't seem to be very competetive either especially since you know what came along
I'll be putting on my ultra blagging hat at the end of the month to speak with them though and if I don't get anything decent outa them, I'll be gone quicker than Speedy Gonzalez on a speed binge
Old 06 September 2009, 07:01 PM
Snazy
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Torquemada
Too right! I'd just be a bit gutted to lose the number as I've had it since at least 1996 (apart from the thing where they added a 7 to the number)

Things have changed alot over the last couple of years re customer service, they just don't seem to be very competetive either especially since you know what came along
I'll be putting on my ultra blagging hat at the end of the month to speak with them though and if I don't get anything decent outa them, I'll be gone quicker than Speedy Gonzalez on a speed binge
Dont lose the number mate, just get your PAC code. As far as I know they cant keep it.
Maybe with the iPhoney going to other networks soon they will remember not everyone has one and start getting back on the ball.

I give anyone one good chance. Mess up again without explaining or rectifying, im gone. Regardless of loyalties.

Hope you get what you are looking for.... which is what out of interest ? lol
Old 06 September 2009, 07:19 PM
Torquemada
Scooby Regular

Dont lose the number mate, just get your PAC code. As far as I know they cant keep it.
Maybe with the iPhoney going to other networks soon they will remember not everyone has one and start getting back on the ball.

I give anyone one good chance. Mess up again without explaining or rectifying, im gone. Regardless of loyalties.

Hope you get what you are looking for.... which is what out of interest ? lol
Cheers bud, didn't realise that I could keep the number, I've been with O2 forever, lol.

Yeah, maybe O2 will sort their lives out but I'll have to see I guess. I like the idea of the Palm Pre or whatever it's called that's coming out in October/November from O2 but don't know much about it.

Generally I'm an HTC man (well, rebadged and messed with ones from O2 but close enough) biding my time with the ok-ish Serra at the mo but I do like the HTC Touch Pro 2 and look forwards to similar but better handsets coming out in future. Not sure what I'd ultimately go with but it'll be of the PDA type variety.
Old 06 September 2009, 07:28 PM
Snazy
Scooby Regular

Cheers bud, didn't realise that I could keep the number, I've been with O2 forever, lol.

Yeah, maybe O2 will sort their lives out but I'll have to see I guess. I like the idea of the Palm Pre or whatever it's called that's coming out in October/November from O2 but don't know much about it.

Generally I'm an HTC man (well, rebadged and messed with ones from O2 but close enough) biding my time with the ok-ish Serra at the mo but I do like the HTC Touch Pro 2 and look forwards to similar but better handsets coming out in future. Not sure what I'd ultimately go with but it'll be of the PDA type variety.
Aaaah there you go then. Once upon a time, saying "PAC" would scare them and they would beg you to stay and give you anything... Now they just give you the PAC (port authorisation code.,.. routes your number to your network)

Palm Pre - Full phone specifications
There is the spec on the said phone
Touch Pro 2 is a mighty piece of kit, but a newer better one will always come round the corner. So dont tie yourself to it.

I will only say the word once.... Blackberry. There you go, thats it lol
My choice of smart phones and im sticking with it haha. Not everyones cuppa I realise. But whatever phone you get, smart is the way to go for sure. Just depends what you want from it.
Old 06 September 2009, 07:37 PM
Torquemada
Scooby Regular

Aaaah there you go then. Once upon a time, saying "PAC" would scare them and they would beg you to stay and give you anything... Now they just give you the PAC (port authorisation code.,.. routes your number to your network)

Palm Pre - Full phone specifications
There is the spec on the said phone
Touch Pro 2 is a mighty piece of kit, but a newer better one will always come round the corner. So dont tie yourself to it.

I will only say the word once.... Blackberry. There you go, thats it lol
My choice of smart phones and im sticking with it haha. Not everyones cuppa I realise. But whatever phone you get, smart is the way to go for sure. Just depends what you want from it.
Yeah, loyalty doesn't seem to be really rewarded at all by the sounds of things but I have faith in my blag-skills maybe unfounded, we'll see!

Thanks for the specs, seems very much like a Blackberry in some ways actually and I'm surprised it took you til now to mention one!

To be honest I really should have a good look at one when it comes to upgrade or change of provider time, only seen really basic old ones and I understand things have moved on a little since then.

I use office mobile quite alot on my phone and surf the web a lot on it too so those are the main criteria and being able to hold a decent amount of music would be a bonus but not essential as I have my trusty old 2nd gen classic iPod that's still truckin on without a prob
Old 06 September 2009, 07:45 PM
Snazy
Scooby Regular

Yeah, loyalty doesn't seem to be really rewarded at all by the sounds of things but I have faith in my blag-skills maybe unfounded, we'll see!

Thanks for the specs, seems very much like a Blackberry in some ways actually and I'm surprised it took you til now to mention one!

To be honest I really should have a good look at one when it comes to upgrade or change of provider time, only seen really basic old ones and I understand things have moved on a little since then.

I use office mobile quite alot on my phone and surf the web a lot on it too so those are the main criteria and being able to hold a decent amount of music would be a bonus but not essential as I have my trusty old 2nd gen classic iPod that's still truckin on without a prob

loyalty means frick all these days. I have 6 contracts, and even though I use Premier, I still get put in my place from time to time. Although they are nice to me and my BB tariff is cheap as hell.
Days of blaggin are gone.

lol I try not to say Blackberry in every sentance these days but it is tough!
If they aint your thing, there is no point rattling on about them really

There are a lot of devices now running WinMo, so a lot more that can run Office Mo too, have a look through GSM arena

I now use my berry for music and video too, so on the bus its a perfect single device for everything, with the benefit of a real keyboard. Priceless.
Old 06 September 2009, 07:49 PM
Torquemada
Scooby Regular

loyalty means frick all these days. I have 6 contracts, and even though I use Premier, I still get put in my place from time to time. Although they are nice to me and my BB tariff is cheap as hell.
Days of blaggin are gone.

lol I try not to say Blackberry in every sentance these days but it is tough!
If they aint your thing, there is no point rattling on about them really

There are a lot of devices now running WinMo, so a lot more that can run Office Mo too, have a look through GSM arena

I now use my berry for music and video too, so on the bus its a perfect single device for everything, with the benefit of a real keyboard. Priceless.
Well, many thanks for all the advice/pointers, should certainly help when I shop around later this month, a Blackberry will certainly be considered!

Right, I'm off for a bacon sarnie
Old 06 September 2009, 07:51 PM
Jamz3k
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by V5RVLTD
What a nightmare! Im going sim only with orange, 300 mins unlimited texts for £15.00, orange is the best coverage in my area. Also my phones get trashed at work (plasterer) so no need to be paying £35 a month for a phone.
Vodafone are offering 600mins and unlimited text for £14.69 at the mo on a sim only 12month deal fella! Plus your coverage should be the same with voda and Orange.
Old 06 September 2009, 09:11 PM
Glowplug
Scooby Regular

I left O2 years ago due to lack of service

Been with T-Mobile since and cannot fault them, they where very helpful during my lay-off letting me reduce my tarrif.

Iam now on Flex40 with Web & Walk Plus = £40 a month for £225 of credit to use as i wish and the W&W+ allows me to surf/download and use my phone as a HSDPA modem, fair usage applies 3gb a month but i find that adiquate

O2 really are a bunch of *****. I hope you get some joy from them mate
Old 06 September 2009, 09:29 PM
Snazy
Scooby Regular

Well, many thanks for all the advice/pointers, should certainly help when I shop around later this month, a Blackberry will certainly be considered!

Right, I'm off for a bacon sarnie
No worries mate. Best thing I can recommend is use places like GSM Arena to get a clear picture of phones. Dont listen to fanatics like me screaming Blackberry, Blackberry lol and other fruit fanatics.
Old 05 March 2010, 10:26 PM
Torquemada
Scooby Regular

No worries mate. Best thing I can recommend is use places like GSM Arena to get a clear picture of phones. Dont listen to fanatics like me screaming Blackberry, Blackberry lol and other fruit fanatics.
Well....er...ok, I went a little off piste and got a Palm Pre. Yes I know it was a mistake and I should have left O2 but I got lazy, the phone was shiny and most wasn't an iPhone
It's not terrible by any means but it's not all that great for work.
Old 05 March 2010, 10:38 PM
TonyBurns
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Smile

Originally Posted by stevebt
I have been with O2 since it started, I have only been on a sim only deal for just over 12months as there isn't any phones I want to tie myself into plus work is tight so it all helps Loooking on the web the best phones seem to be with voda or orange anyways so O2 shove it with thier dated phones.

Steve, thats before orange and voda recall all their new phones due to "manufacturing issues" but saying that, O2 people (those who work there) do actually complain about the phones available for customers, but its going to be the same on any network tbh, not just O2.

Tony
Old 05 March 2010, 11:15 PM
Snazy
Scooby Regular

Well....er...ok, I went a little off piste and got a Palm Pre. Yes I know it was a mistake and I should have left O2 but I got lazy, the phone was shiny and most wasn't an iPhone
It's not terrible by any means but it's not all that great for work.
lol only you can decide if it was a mistake mate, might suit you perfectly
Shame on you for not leaving though lol
Old 05 March 2010, 11:21 PM
Torquemada
Scooby Regular

lol only you can decide if it was a mistake mate, might suit you perfectly
Shame on you for not leaving though lol
Yeah, it's not really done anything to make me want to throw it across the room yet, so all's well I suppose. Doesn't do video, in an 'Phone-esque way, but I never really used it on my previous phones anyway. Plus I can swap the sim into my htc without any probs with data charges or anything

I know, I really really should have shopped around, but there I was, havin' a beer.....
Old 06 March 2010, 05:40 PM
stevebt
Scooby Regular

Lol at this being dragged up, I ended up moving to Tmobile and got an HTC touch pro 2 on a 12 month contract. I'm already half way thru the contract so new phone in september If I can stay on the same contract I will be happy even though the unlimted internet doesn't include the emails even though it should unless your in a wifi zone .
Old 06 March 2010, 11:33 PM
Midlife......
Scooby Regular

Sorry to ask a daft question........I'm not sure how 02 "knows" it's sim has been plugged into a different phone ?

I thought you could swap sims between phones (unlocked / sim free) without the provider knowing. The reason I ask is that I'm buying an unlocked iphone from SN and was thinking about getting a "bolt on" to my PAYG sim card.

Shaun
Old 07 March 2010, 12:20 AM
TonyBurns
Scooby Regular

It detects the MSISDN/IMSI (phone number/euqipment identity)

Tony
Old 07 March 2010, 03:58 PM
stevebt
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Midlife......
Sorry to ask a daft question........I'm not sure how 02 "knows" it's sim has been plugged into a different phone ?

I thought you could swap sims between phones (unlocked / sim free) without the provider knowing. The reason I ask is that I'm buying an unlocked iphone from SN and was thinking about getting a "bolt on" to my PAYG sim card.

Shaun

I was on a blackberry tarif and they said the internet use was outside of the service? Unlimited internet should be just that and not if I use safari or whatever to connect to the web.

Quick Reply: 02 twats