Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Petrol Prices!

Search this Thread

Old 30 August 2009, 07:00 PM
SunnySideUp
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down Petrol Prices!

Just paid £1:13 for a litre of Esso Supreme .....

I hear nothing of protests ..... seems the British are sleepwalking through this economic turmoil - is that right, or are we all now so rich we don't care anymore?
Old 30 August 2009, 07:07 PM
mje_wrx
Scooby Regular

unless everyone kicks a fuss this government is gonna keep ****ing our ***.

i reckon truckers shud block the country. everyone kick off. lets shut this sh*t hole down, give them d*cks in government something to do.

they all get driven about in big jags, mercs etc bet they dont pay the mad rd tax and fuel prices. just claim on expenses paid 4 by us

Last edited by mje_wrx; 30 August 2009 at 07:08 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 30 August 2009, 07:07 PM
bluenose172
Scooby Regular

$70 odd for a barrell, and we're paying almost the same as we were last year when it was $140. Makes me sick!!
Old 30 August 2009, 07:20 PM
GMballistic
Scooby Regular

I use Shell V-Power and that's a rip off too at around the £1:14/ltr mark. I've just given up though.....it really doesn't matter to the government & people in power. I mean why would it?? if you where earning £50,000-£250,000 a year with all the other perks and bonuses these sort of people get would it bother you? Those bas**rds use fiver's for toilet paper...what do they care
......and how do I & other's like us make ourselve's noticed without coming across as some looney's Brigade? after all they control the press
Old 30 August 2009, 07:24 PM
GScooby
Scooby Regular

Totally agree with the comments above.
Paid £1.14 per Litre for Shell V power today.
Heard on the grapevine that another 2p a litre is going on fuel soon.
Bunch of Robbing Bas****s.
I work for a Subsidiary company of whom Bp is the parent company. Bp Announced a 39 billion profit for the year and 2 days later we all got an email that pay rises were frozen for 2009 because of the poor econmic climate. How to P*** someome off eh!
That's my 2 peneth worth.
Old 30 August 2009, 07:43 PM
GMballistic
Scooby Regular

Going up another 2p!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Fu*k me if this was America someone would be getting shot right about now
Instead all we can do is "write a stern letter" to our MP which will be promptly binned
Old 30 August 2009, 07:44 PM
rossdj1983
Scooby Regular

everyone moans and moans but nothing will really come of it, my advice- buy some **** lube
Old 30 August 2009, 07:50 PM
SunnySideUp
Scooby Regular

I suspect that the French would have a way to register their objections!
Old 30 August 2009, 07:56 PM
corradoboy
Scooby Regular

The crude price is indeed rising, but the weak pound isn't helping at all. Off course, the exorbitant tax applied, and the fact that price rises are applied the instant crude prices rise, but reductions 'take a while to filter down to the consumer' will always add to the rip-off !
Old 30 August 2009, 08:00 PM
Cannon Fodder
Scooby Regular

I filled up my car last night with Shell V Power and it was 116.9p per litre I think I'll be switching to Tesco 99 which is about 10p per litre cheaper.
Old 30 August 2009, 08:01 PM
GMballistic
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by corradoboy
The crude price is indeed rising, but the weak pound isn't helping at all. Off course, the exorbitant tax applied, and the fact that price rises are applied the instant crude prices rise, but reductions 'take a while to filter down to the consumer' will always add to the rip-off !
Unbelievable really Totally getting ripped off in this country!
Old 30 August 2009, 08:08 PM
swrtno1
Scooby Regular

The increase by 2p will happen on tuesday (02/09/09) I think. Filled up on sat with v power as usual and cost me £54 and that didnt even get me 50 liters! WTF The joy of owning a car that loves to drink the fuel like its going out of fashion!
Old 30 August 2009, 08:15 PM
corradoboy
Scooby Regular

They've either missed a trick, whereby they used to unnecessarily increase the price just before a bank holiday knowing full well many would be travelling about and using more fuel, or they're pulling a fast one and raising it both before AND after
Old 30 August 2009, 09:14 PM
bodgeit
BANNED

Everyone up fer a (violent) revoloution then? Tuesdays good fer me!
Hello! H-E-L-L-O! (sound of own voice echoin) Guess its just me then!
Old 30 August 2009, 09:16 PM
stuart2008sti
Scooby Regular

Why is it profiteering is legal as long as the goverment gets a cut of it,but illegal when its not.scam,scam,scam but one of many.last person out of the country turn the light off,or we will be charged a silly rate.
Old 30 August 2009, 09:21 PM
SunnySideUp
Scooby Regular

Truth is painful, but - I guess if we really worried about petrol prices we would be driving a diesel returning 50mpg ...... if we want to drink petrol, I guess we just have to bend over and take it - when it hurts too much we will have to buy something more sensible.
Old 30 August 2009, 09:22 PM
GMballistic
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by bodgeit
Everyone up fer a (violent) revoloution then? Tuesdays good fer me!
Hello! H-E-L-L-O! (sound of own voice echoin) Guess its just me then!
....loading the Musket's from the last revolution now

Last edited by GMballistic; 30 August 2009 at 09:23 PM.
Old 30 August 2009, 09:24 PM
corradoboy
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by SunnySideUp
if we really worried about petrol prices we would be driving a diesel returning 50mpg
Er, I do Sold the Scoob and the missuses Corrado for a Fabia vRS (180/312) and Octavia PD140. Will get something else fun when circumstances change
Old 30 August 2009, 09:27 PM
wrxmad
Scooby Regular

hi all
we all need to have an uprising in this country...something needs to be done soon....
this is called rip off britian remember ...mps with back handers...makes me sick
taxing us right up the ***. i think people have had enough...right then spread the word ...it needs everyone to stick together to work ...remember the poll tax?
Old 30 August 2009, 09:29 PM
corradoboy
Scooby Regular

Wink

Originally Posted by wrxmad
it needs everyone to stick together to work
I think I may have spotted a flaw in your grand plan
Old 30 August 2009, 09:32 PM
kingofturds
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Pete it was labour who granted our oil supplies independence?
Old 30 August 2009, 09:58 PM
f1_fan
Scooby Regular

I love the way everyone has the government in their sights and while I agree they have played their part does anyone not think that maybe the greedy oil compnaies should come in for some attention too.

If not and it is all the government's fault can we be told what Mr Cameron is going to do to put our petrol prices back to a realistic level when he gets elected. My guess is nothing and we remain screwed no matter what
Old 30 August 2009, 10:00 PM
corradoboy
Scooby Regular

It doesn't matter who you vote for, the government always win.
Old 30 August 2009, 10:12 PM
bodgeit
BANNED

Originally Posted by GMballistic
....loading the Musket's from the last revolution now
I would just like to make it clear (not that the powers that be (read; Americans)will be reading this thread or even interested or even suiting up right now for an early morning raid on an unsuspecting gun toting revoloutionary/terrorist (GMballistic,ahem! just so there's no confusion here) I WAS ONLY KIDDIN and shall not be held responsible for any revolutionary activities this Tuesday.
P.s Mr Ballistic, I hope you like Spanish food,Asian food,warm climate,being away from home for a long time,not having to go to work in the pissin rain and orange clothing.Erm! On second thoughts, I'm comin wi yer!
Old 30 August 2009, 10:13 PM
Petem95
Scooby Regular

The government is pretty much bankrupt after spending billions bailing out the economy, so I think there is little chance of them back-tracking on this one
Old 30 August 2009, 10:35 PM
Sosbanite
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by f1_fan
I love the way everyone has the government in their sights and while I agree they have played their part does anyone not think that maybe the greedy oil compnaies should come in for some attention too.

If not and it is all the government's fault can we be told what Mr Cameron is going to do to put our petrol prices back to a realistic level when he gets elected. My guess is nothing and we remain screwed no matter what
On this occasion it's right to point the finger at the government as the tuppence increase next week is a Treasury imposed rise in duty!
Additionally, as much as the oil companies are benefiting from the rising oil price it's not as simple as pointing the finger of blame at them.
Ignoring the high levels of fuel duty, the current high prices are due to OPEC throttling back production (in order to increase their profits) and futures traders and speculators acting in the market to drive the price of a barrel up.

The best way of stabilising prices would be to restrict the free trade of oil in the markets and to restrict the activities of said traders and, of course,for HM government to cut duty thus making fuel more "affordable" for the masses. But we all know that it's not going to happen.........
Old 30 August 2009, 11:01 PM
scoobyvirgin
Scooby Regular

I went to get diesel yesterday, it was 103 p/l. At the same time I filled up two 5 litre petrol cans with V power petrol, no idea how much I paid for that. No doubt a fortune.

I've given up looking, I now just shove £10 or so in and off I go.
Old 30 August 2009, 11:58 PM
f1_fan
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Sosbanite
On this occasion it's right to point the finger at the government as the tuppence increase next week is a Treasury imposed rise in duty!
Additionally, as much as the oil companies are benefiting from the rising oil price it's not as simple as pointing the finger of blame at them.
Ignoring the high levels of fuel duty, the current high prices are due to OPEC throttling back production (in order to increase their profits) and futures traders and speculators acting in the market to drive the price of a barrel up.

The best way of stabilising prices would be to restrict the free trade of oil in the markets and to restrict the activities of said traders and, of course,for HM government to cut duty thus making fuel more "affordable" for the masses. But we all know that it's not going to happen.........
But it has gone up nearly 20p a litre in 3 months, how is that down to the government directly. All I mean is while we all get steamed up at another 2p of duty we don't seem to notice that the oil companies have put the price up by 10 times that in 3 months.

I am not defineding the government as they should be lobbying OPEC and the oil companies, but it is not solely their fault by any stretch of the imagination.
Old 31 August 2009, 12:08 AM
DYK
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

iRONIC HOW THE PETROL COMPANYS have been shoving up the price of fuel over last couple of weeks,something to do with the fuel going up another 2p in September i wonder.Currently 103 by me,is about time some of us rolled outside parliment and let it rip......sorry for caps btw i had a drink
Old 31 August 2009, 12:23 AM
chris1scouser
Scooby Regular

Default Great Britain

Indeed this country is a dung heap.
We pay freeloading scum and immigrants who have no right to be here money that comes from our taxes.
Its not the immigrants fault so don't brand me a racist.
people get clearly assassinated and we all look on.
we are told to pay for the fuel or don't drive anymore.
forget the **** lube bend over your getting it dry and there will be talc added.
Lets face it if your in the class of people who contribute the most tax(normal working folk), learn obidience and pay up!
This country requires an uprising however the police won't allow it therefore we live not in a democracy but a dictatorship!!

Quick Reply: Petrol Prices!