Notices
Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Domino Pizza franchise problems !

Search this Thread

Old 15 August 2009, 10:31 AM
Snazy
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Domino Pizza franchise problems !

OK only a little whine from me for once, but what would you do.

After a long week last weekend I decided to get a Domino's in.
Made the order online, never have a problem with this, same branch always deals with it and order is fine...

However this time, when the missus came back from the front door, I realised the starters were missing.
She went after the driver but he had gone into the night.

So I call up the store, speak to someone, she calls the order up and identifies whats missing, and says it will be out ASAP.

No show!

Next morning I email the franchisee, who is the point of contact for the store, explaining what happened, and that im unhappy I paid for something and did not receive it.

3 days later....... no reply.

So I email the escalated complaints at Domino's, and receive a reply from someone there, apologising and telling me they have contacted the franchisee, and asked them to contact me. That was on Wednesday.

Today......................... still nothing.

So what would you do?
Personally I love the pizza's, so wanna keep getting them (prob from a different store in future)
But do I just drop the £6-7 and put it down to experience, or do I keep following it up? Principles and all that lol.

I have sent a follow up to both head office and the franchisee telling them they have pissed me off and put on a poor show of customer care... lets see what happens now.
Old 15 August 2009, 10:41 AM
Jamescsti
Scooby Regular

I think you should keep on it and get your money back and some vouchers as compo, Dominoe's charge a foortune for Pizza's they can at least get your order sorted properly
Old 15 August 2009, 10:46 AM
Rae
Scooby Regular

had a prob once with dominoes .had a pizza delivered opened the box and it looked like someone had dropped it and the topping was all over the place except where it should be . phoned up store and complained and made it clear i would be going to a rival local store ,

result; 3 free pizzas plus the one that was dropped replaced
Old 15 August 2009, 10:56 AM
apples24
Scooby Regular

i would be expecting a full refund and more than likely a voucher for £10 off next order or similar
Old 15 August 2009, 10:58 AM
Snazy
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Jamescsti
I think you should keep on it and get your money back and some vouchers as compo, Dominoe's charge a foortune for Pizza's they can at least get your order sorted properly
I would at very least like a rpely to my frickin email and my money back that they have "stolen" from me!
A good will gesture would not hurt, but in future I might just drive over to another branch and collect them, seeing as that one does BOGOF's lol

Originally Posted by Rae
had a prob once with dominoes .had a pizza delivered opened the box and it looked like someone had dropped it and the topping was all over the place except where it should be . phoned up store and complained and made it clear i would be going to a rival local store ,

result; 3 free pizzas plus the one that was dropped replaced
Yeah we had an issue with a local place before, and they were so good about the whole matter. Gave us the next meal free

I have made a comment about being happy that Papa Johns now deliver locally to me
Old 15 August 2009, 11:00 AM
Snazy
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by apples24
i would be expecting a full refund and more than likely a voucher for £10 off next order or similar
But definatly not just get the hump, write the money off and move on eh
Part of me feels im being petty about a small sum of money. The other part of me thinks this is being done on purpose, money for nothing so to speak. Robbing *******s.

So dont use Catford Domino's...... they steal !!
Old 15 August 2009, 11:25 AM
Diesel
Scooby Regular

Phones work better! Emails are so easy to ignore - even M&S are doing it to us on an issue.

D
Old 15 August 2009, 11:35 AM
psigeek
Scooby Regular

I think personally going into the store and having a word with the manager. They won't have anywhere to hide then. Even better if there are a few customers in the shop.
Old 15 August 2009, 11:35 AM
psigeek
Scooby Regular

...plus compensation for having to drive down to them.
Old 15 August 2009, 11:39 AM
StickyMicky
Scooby Regular

Looking at it from both sides of the coin, i would guess that people try this on all the time, and the franchisee chap is simply distancing himself for a while to see if you are serious or not.

Not saying you are, in fact i seriously doubt that you are, BUT pikey tramps do try these kinds of things on all the time unfortunately, i had an incident once, with a chap who was going mental with a member of staff, because he aparently gave him the wrong change back, mistakes happen, so i went outside to talk to the chap, and explained that i had a system in place to check the till, give me a few mins and i would double check for him (i have a cam right above the till!)

I was inside the office for all over 30 secs before the bloke started going mental again with the lad "YOU KNOW WHAT YOU DID YOU THIEVING ****" etc etc

I ended up getting arsey with the bloke in the end and just giving him whatever he wanted (it was only a fecking quid or something) i made sure he knew i thought he was a total bellend, no need to go on like that, i had already took control of the situation and was dealing with it for him, so why was he shouting on and acting like a tool?

his response?

"Well you should just trust me anyway"

"Mate, if i trusted everybody i would have no money left, its a simple system, i can see what the lad actually removed from the till, i could have sorted this out properlly for you in under 2mins, instead you have to start acting like a tool"

"YOU SHOULD JUST TRUST ME"

"In an ideal world maybe but you are not acting in a trustworthy manner?"

When he said his piece and moved on, we double checked the footage and you can guess what result we found, yup, the bloke was trying it on

The till cashed up correct at the close of business, bar the extra i had paid out to shut the winging tramp up.

Keep gently persevering with it IMO, but don't start getting arsey and shouting with them, usually gets you nowhere.

It took me 4 months to sort out a dodgy order once from the place where i order my alloy wheel cleaner from (like a kind of engineering branch at head office), usually 2 calls a week I only flipped at the very end, and called the stupid bint who deals with the orders a "complete clown & spacker" on some official paperwork
Old 15 August 2009, 11:45 AM
Deep Singh
Scooby Regular

Not being petty its the principle of the matter. I never take deliveries, always collect because I've had my order cocked up so many times.
Old 15 August 2009, 11:54 AM
StickyMicky
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Deep Singh
Not being petty its the principle of the matter. I never take deliveries, always collect because I've had my order cocked up so many times.
It makes sense, especially when most people just sit in the house like a bored mong waiting for the food

One of my local pizza places will do half price pizza`s up until 8pm as long as you pop into the collect them.

We used to use an awesome indian takeaway that is based down Whitley Bay, it was the most expensive from the rest of the regular flyers we were spammed with, but the food was so much nicer, we thought it was worth it.

They ballsed an order up, sending me chicken instead of salmon, i cant eat chicken, and the missus was already getting a chicken dish, so we had to ring up, they were awesome about it, promises of free extra rice, and that somebody would be straight back to swap.

1 hour later the missus had ate hers, cleaned all the dishes and then mine arrived

pointless

never used them again, no free rice either
Old 15 August 2009, 12:08 PM
Luminous
Scooby Regular

If it were me I would try following your complaint up, in store with a manager. If he is nice about it and sorts it then all is fine. However, if the manager is anything but perfectly reasonable I would not order from them in future (regardless if you get your money). If you end up having a row with someone who makes your food it is amazing what may be added the next time you order

Last edited by Luminous; 15 August 2009 at 12:12 PM.
Old 15 August 2009, 12:22 PM
Markus
Scooby Regular

To quote Ryan Reynolds in "Waiting" - "Never **** with people who handle your food".

Even if you do get it resolved and it's politely done on both sides, you never know what is going to be said to the delivery driver, who may decide to add some of pookies special sauce to your pizza on next delivery.
Old 15 August 2009, 12:33 PM
Snazy
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Diesel
Phones work better! Emails are so easy to ignore - even M&S are doing it to us on an issue.

D
Thats the thing, I did phone the first time, at the heat of the moment it made sense.
But if there is one thing I cant stand its trying to get hold of someone or your calls returned day after day. At least Domino's head office are replying to emails so I have a paper trail. Rather than people denying receiving phone messages.

Originally Posted by psigeek
I think personally going into the store and having a word with the manager. They won't have anywhere to hide then. Even better if there are a few customers in the shop.
Im not sure if the manager is gonna be the franchisee. Its at the point now where, he being the owner, the money collector, and the person who has ultimately benefitted from me not receiving my goods is the person I have the issue with. I dont wanna be the **** that upsets store staff, when its not them that I have a problem with.

Originally Posted by Luminous
If it were me I would try following your complaint up, in store with a manager. If he is nice about it and sorts it then all is fine. However, if the manager is anything but perfectly reasonable I would not order from them in future (regardless if you get your money). If you end up having a row with someone who makes your food it is amazing what may be added the next time you order
lol yup like I say I will NOT be ordering from this location again regardless of the outcome of the situation. That is always something I am more than aware of haha. No extra's for me thanks.

In future I will be ordering over the counter as DS says. 1 you get more for your money, and 2 you walk out knowing you have your whole order.

Sticky, thats one of the reasons I was a little annoyed, no point receiving the starters 40 mins after the main meal arrived. Regardless if they had got them to me it would have resulted in a complaint. But one of dis-satisfaction, and not one feeling I have been robbed.

I take your point fully about the pikey theives, your assumption was correct of course, I am just above the pikey line right now, but if I have to have Mama's Pizza once more, I might qualify.

However... I always remain composed and polite, I hate people who feel that shouting is the solution. Although I did make a girl in McDonalds cry once. I was really polite, but she was new and upset that she had cocked up, and walked away crying.... But I got vouchers, so hey ho

I will remain polite, and continue to discuss the matter with them. And I WILL at some point get the conclusion I want.

Reminds me of when SIXT rental damaged my first scooby, and within a week authorised £886 of repairs to my car. All started with a door ding on the front wing. And resulted in a new wing and bonnet.... Now THAT was customer service! Polite gets resolution. Screaming gets some form of result.

Cheers for the replies on such a random topic guys
Old 15 August 2009, 12:35 PM
Snazy
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Markus
To quote Ryan Reynolds in "Waiting" - "Never **** with people who handle your food".

Even if you do get it resolved and it's politely done on both sides, you never know what is going to be said to the delivery driver, who may decide to add some of pookies special sauce to your pizza on next delivery.
lol message received and understood. God forbid, they could put Apple on it or something !!

Just kiddin
I have the upmost respect for the food preparation industry. Treat them well, and never pi55 them off lol
Old 15 August 2009, 11:42 PM
mykp
Scooby Regular

screaming is a last resort, had to do this to b&q. long story short: they delivered out kitchen, minus 2 doors, phone call, emails, more phone calls and still no doors. Fitter starts fitting kitchen, more phone calls, more emails, no doors.

Lost my rag, went down to the local store and shouted the place down, but only after the manageress told me to "go home, the doors will arrive when they are ready!" Never swore, never threatened, just shouted at how badly i'd been treated, how customer service meant nothing and how buying from them was a very bad choice on my part.

result, my doors arrived at my house 3 hours later.

with regard to dominos, email customer service, stating you've given them ample chance to resolve the matter, you ordered items which didnt arrive. You'd like you're money back otherwise you'll never use them again and you'll be sharing youre experiences on numerous internet forums. If you get youre money back, result. if not **** em!
Old 16 August 2009, 08:57 AM
Snazy
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by mykp

with regard to dominos, email customer service, stating you've given them ample chance to resolve the matter, you ordered items which didnt arrive. You'd like you're money back otherwise you'll never use them again and you'll be sharing youre experiences on numerous internet forums. If you get youre money back, result. if not **** em!
lol thats quite a story mate. Bet ya voice echoed round the store.

With Domino's I have done just that mate. Emailed both parties, head office and store saying they need to sort it, and that I am happily sharing progress of this matter with the WWW.
I have also asked them how they would like me to treat the matter, a simple error which will be addressed, or a matter of theft of kinds, which needs reporting? Their choice really.

I will give them til Tuesday to get me a decent reply via email, and take it from there
Old 16 August 2009, 09:04 AM
kingofturds
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I use the local pizza shop rather than dominos now. 1st delivery pizza topping was stuck to the top of the box 2nd never turned up
Old 16 August 2009, 10:06 AM
StickyMicky
Scooby Regular

I complained to Burger King`s complaints department once

Voucher in the paper for buy one get one free on the whopper.

Walked into the local branch for them to tell me that they could not accept them as they had no whoppers

Burger King, with no whoppers ?

More like the local franchise owner did not want to give out any more free food IMO

Got some fully free vouchers from customer services and never bothered to use them, the local branch was closed down within a few months anyway!
Old 16 August 2009, 10:15 AM
Snazy
Scooby Regular

I have had a free meal from Pizza Hut (eating in) for a late pizza to the table, £10 from Mac's twice, £10 from Burger King, and I seem to remember a 50% voucher from a different Domino's a long time ago.
Not to mention endless £10 vouchers from Sainsburys....

I love a good complain me!
Old 16 August 2009, 12:19 PM
Zod.
BANNED

Originally Posted by Snazy
OK only a little whine from me for once
Originally Posted by Snazy
I have had a free meal from Pizza Hut (eating in) for a late pizza to the table, £10 from Mac's twice, £10 from Burger King, and I seem to remember a 50% voucher from a different Domino's a long time ago.
Not to mention endless £10 vouchers from Sainsburys....

I love a good complain me!
Err ok!

Old 16 August 2009, 12:44 PM
Snazy
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Zod.
Err ok!

Obviously you missed the point there then Aaah well

A little whine from me for once refers to on SN. (with tongue firmly in cheek)
Standing up for my rights as a consumer... Of course I do, and why not

Last edited by Snazy; 16 August 2009 at 12:45 PM.
Old 16 August 2009, 12:50 PM
Adrian F
Scooby Regular

I dont take poor service well either, my local Tesco's customer service department all recorgnise me why they think i want to queue because they dont have enough check out staff??? or why i wouldnt be anoyed when they over charge me again still at least you get double the over charge back my local sainsburys make a habit of over charging but small amounts which i am sure they know you wont queue to see the 1 customer service/flower wrapper general enquires person (long queue) to get back so every visit is 5 or 6 pence over with say 10,000 transactions a week i am sure it all adds up, all by accident of course. So back to Tesco's to fight with the check out staff for an extra carrier bag to seperate raw chicken from bread!

I once stood in a shop were they wouldnt refund me for a faulty item telling all the people queuing to pay very loudly not to buy there are they dont refund for faulty goods and better to buy at a named alternative if they want good service. eventually i got my money back but i shouldnt have had to do this, and yes the item was clearly faulty they were just not a good company hence never been back.

For customer service you cant beat Costco
Old 16 August 2009, 01:00 PM
Snazy
Scooby Regular

Fair play mate, nothing wrong with standing up for consumer rights!

I am far easier to please these days, but still dont like being taken for a mug
Old 16 August 2009, 01:30 PM
yoza
BANNED

As mentioned Adrian CostCo customer care is so good its almost ridiculess.

You can take stuff back which has failed or is faulty and they dont even look at it. I mean dont even look in the box to see what is the problem, or even if its all there.

They sell high end watches too, which in my opinion is a recipe for disaster.

I dont take stuff back as a rule as I have problems with confrontation, but my wife will, she keeps receipts for everything she buys and files them, even Asda receipts for food shopping.

I used to moan about the hoarding but it pays in the long run, if you have faulty goods.

For example we have had 3 Brita filter kettles that have failed up to 8-10 months after purchase, and swapped them no problem, if it was me I would have had to buy 3 kettles.

Also we bought a huge self inflating camp bed, but it would deflate or loose pressure after a couple days, I said to my wife they all do that, she took it back and got an exchange plus a cooked chicken and tray of ribs as an apology.....she is a good moaner.
Old 16 August 2009, 01:41 PM
Snazy
Scooby Regular

Lol sounds excellent, we have one locally, I must start using it.
Good customer service usually = good products in the first place too.
Old 16 August 2009, 03:08 PM
Adrian F
Scooby Regular

Costco sell a limited range of products a bit like Makro (need to be a member) but more up market.They keep a track of everything you buy and you can ask them when you bought something i have had an office chair which failed after 18 months according to their records and it had a normal 12 month warranty i mentioned "oh that is a shame as it is now broken" the customer assitant (didnt have to get a amanger etc) said straight away that isnt good enough bring back, took it back another day and got a 100% refund from another memebr of staff with no hassle!

I buy lots of stuff there as they are so good but i am sure if they see from your history you buy a new tv every 6 months then take it back and buy another they wouldnt be so good.

This is how shopping should be the only compliant i have with Costco is no express till for when you want just 1 or 2 items and dont want to queue behind the local kebab shop owner with 2 pallet loads of assorted drinks and burger buns etc.
Old 16 August 2009, 03:15 PM
Snazy
Scooby Regular

I shall tell Domino's to take a leaf from their books
Probably buy some of their gear like drinks there anyway lol
Old 16 August 2009, 03:59 PM
mykp
Scooby Regular

my need to complain about poor customer service comes from living in two countries where poor customer service is something which is either none existant or frowned upon.

I lived in LA for a time and the customer service is very good, cos americans love to complain more than we do.

In Japan customer service is so good its overbearing at times. Give you an example.

Go into any fastfood place any where in Japan and all the staff shout "Irasshaimase!" and I mean shout. (it means welcome) and when you leave they shout "arigatoh gozaimashlta!" (thank you very much). If anything is wrong then its fixed there and then.

I ordered a steak well done in a restaurant in Shinjuku, which is the business area of tokyo, and when the steak arrived it was still a little rare. I asked the waitress if she could cook it some more and I honestly though she was going to kill herself there on the spot she was apologising so much (kind of felt sorry for her), but then bugger me if the chef doesnt come out and start doing the same!!!! I honestly though they where going to commit sepuku (ritual suicide) right there in front of me. I ended up with a free meal!!!

Now thats customer service

On the other hand its a bit much some times.

Quick Reply: Domino Pizza franchise problems !