Notices
Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Newcastle 1 - 1 Arsenal (FA Cup)

Search this Thread

Old 09 March 2002, 08:33 PM
DazV
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just got in from the game - dunno how it looked on TV but it was fantastic to be there.

Really pleased we offered a better account of ourselves than last week.

Also really pleased to show that arrogant French manager of theirs that he can't take the pi$$ and play his second string against us - not that Pires and Bergkamp did anything when they came on.

Arsenal are a great side (my tip for the Championship) but we more than matched them everywhere today and we should have wrapped the tie up to be honest.

Looking forward to the replay when we'll have Dyer, Bellamy and Speed back (they haven't played collectively since we beat Arsenal at highbury)

-DV
Old 09 March 2002, 09:33 PM
pslewis
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Talking

Well, I for one hope that Newcastle win - I am a BORO supporter and (assuming we turn over Everton) I would HATE to get drawn against Arsenal - they were in 3rd gear all the game, scary!!

As for Newcastle, they struggled to score - despite being 'UP-FOR-IT' ........ so they are the ones I want BORO to fear - coz I reckon we can spoil thier cup ambitions

Pete
Old 09 March 2002, 10:47 PM
DazV
Scooby Regular

Yeah, if we get past Arsenal Boro are the team I'd like to draw next.

We could do with a game like that after a couple of hard ties against Arsenal.

-DV
Old 09 March 2002, 11:08 PM
UFO
Scooby Regular

I watched the game on TV, being an Arsenal fan the first 15 minutes was heaven, after that, when started to slow down I actually began to listen to Number 1 tw@t Mick McCarthy. In my opinion he could not have given a more one sided view of the match if he tried. I had to switch off after he said

"Well in my opinion Shay Given has had a great season, and I hope that he'll carry his form on well into the summer...yes in my opinion he has been the best goalkeeper in the league this year"

SHUT UP! Fair enough Given has had a good year and so have Newcastle but when I listen to a match I only want to hear from neutral commentators.

Right rant over, but I just had to say it.

Come on the Arsenal!

Old 09 March 2002, 11:35 PM
DazV
Scooby Regular

Actually, I think Mick Mcarthy is a really down to earth bloke who always talks a lot of sense on the box.

If he thought it was one-sided I would just about agree with him. Shame we couldn't make all the posession count thats all.

The replay should be a cracker!
Old 09 March 2002, 11:50 PM
UFO
Scooby Regular

Oh I’m not saying I thought it was not a one sided match, Newcastle out played us, but I did think his commentary was one sided!

Actually, I think Mick McCarthy is a really down to earth bloke who always talks a lot of sense on the box.
I really hope that was sarcasm!

Old 10 March 2002, 01:36 PM
DazV
Scooby Regular

So refreshing to hear comments like that Bravo - it rare to have unbiased comment on your team in this day and age.

Got to agree about Kanu - mesmerizing footwork but no end product. I think he played him, because he opened up our defence last week time and time again from dangerous positions, but didn't bother this week.

Here the deal for Arsenal fans - your team can concentrate on winning the Champions League and League, and you let us focus on the FA Cup, ok ? Sounds fair to me!

-DV
Old 10 March 2002, 04:36 PM
pslewis
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Talking

well after watching BORO demolish Everton I reckon BORO could stuff Arsenal too - only one team in it - put your money on BORO!!

Pete
Old 10 March 2002, 05:07 PM
DazV
Scooby Regular

Bravo, I think Henry will still be missing for the replay (week on Saturday, so Wenger will probably pick from Jeffers, Kanu and Wiltord - thats not TOO bad when you think about!

Bellamy and Dyer should be fit for then (both should make subs appearances next Saturday). Those two players have a huge influence on the style we play - Bellamy is a fantastic outlet for Dubious Dabizas to hit long ***** to!

Pete, you're right, saying as Boro beat Everton 3-0 today, they MUST be taken seriously for the Cup....er...NOT!! MUHAHAHAH!

-DV