Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Mobile phones on 118 services

Search this Thread

Old 25 July 2009, 09:18 AM
gpssti4
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Mobile phones on 118 services

I've just had this email, maybe it's a scam, maybe not. I've not had a chance to look yet, but I'm sure you can make your own mind up!

Maybe you have heard about this but early next week all UK mobiles will be on a directory which will mean that anyone will be able to access the numbers. It is easy to unsubscribe but it must be done before the beginning of next week to make sure that you are ex directory. We have all unsubscribed and you may want to suggest it to all your friends and family who have UK mobiles or they could be swamped by unsolicited messages and calls. Removal is recommended by the BBC - see link below.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/programmes/working_lunch/8091621.stm

Just done this myself. Double checked it wasn't a scam and it is actually on the BBC website recommending to do this.
The Directory of Mobile Phone numbers goes live next week.
All numbers including those belonging to children will be open to cold calling and the general abuse that less scrupulous telesales people subject us too.

To remove your number go here. (you need your mobile phone with you to do this, they text you a code)

http://www.118800.co.uk/removeme/remove-me.html

You can remove your number from this list, and tell all your friends - especially those with children who have mobile phones. I personally believe my mobile number is private and I should be able to chose who I give it to - none of us agreed to this when we signed our mobile phone contracts.

Gerry Moore Met Region 6B

0141 331 5679

CICA

Tay House

300 Bath Street

Glasgow

G2 4LN
Old 25 July 2009, 08:29 PM
Jamescsti
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It's not a scam, they are trying to develop a phone book of mobile numbers, so many people pulled their number out last week they had to take the site down