Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Halfords mobile phone holder ...?

Search this Thread

Old 23 July 2009, 12:05 PM
chocolate_o_brian
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by hutton_d
Boring question coming up. Anybody bought one of the Halfords flexible/sucker-type phone holders? I need a new one and these would seem to fit the bill (the PDA type one) but I'm interested in how robust the grip mechanism is. It's one of those 'squeeze sides onto the phone then push button to release phone' thingies ... I've had a couple in the past that give up the ghost after 5 minutes.

Comments welcome......

Dave
Dunno if this is of any use, but I recently bought one of these...
BLUETOOTH GPS RECEIVER TOMTOM 6 HTC HP IPAQ PHONE NOKIA on eBay (end time 14-Jul-09 11:46:37 BST)

Basically a suction holder with a ball swivel to move around. Fits all PDA fones easy enough (mines the SE W960i), and has a built in speaker whilst being a GPS reciever for my fones Satnav.

Bargain in my eyes and a useful bit of kit.
Old 23 July 2009, 01:11 PM
chocolate_o_brian
Scooby Regular

Seems a bargain to me too. But I've already got the charger/bluetooth (BT built into radio) sorted out. Just need the holder. The thing about online purchases is you can't 'check-out the quality' first ...

Cheers

Dave
Ah, ok no worries.
Old 23 July 2009, 09:59 PM
jpor
Scooby Regular

Boring question coming up. Anybody bought one of the Halfords flexible/sucker-type phone holders? I need a new one and these would seem to fit the bill (the PDA type one) but I'm interested in how robust the grip mechanism is. It's one of those 'squeeze sides onto the phone then push button to release phone' thingies ... I've had a couple in the past that give up the ghost after 5 minutes.

Comments welcome......

Dave
Answer to your question: Yes and they are a waste of money. Bought one a while ago to fit into my car left it overnight stuck to the front windscreen and came to get in the car the following morning only to find it had un-stuck itself.
Now have a proper holder that fits behind the stereo, and never looked back
Old 24 July 2009, 09:41 AM
NotoriousREV
Scooby Regular

I've got two of the Halfords ones, one in my GTR to hold the PowerFC Commander and one in my Alfa to hold my mobile (and my TomTom temporarily after MrsREV left the proper TomTom holder in a hire car). I have also used the one in the GTR to hold my iPhone when using Dynolicious and it holds it very well. I've never had either the holder or the phone come loose under hard acceleration or cornering.

My advice, when you stick it on, clean the bit of windscreen, lick the sucker and whack it on. Job done.
Old 24 July 2009, 09:58 AM
mrmarc
Scooby Regular

Brodit.se
i use these..they are the best holder bar none.top quality stuff.
fits my htc touch hd perfect much better IMO than a generic holder.
although not sure if they do a suction holder,these all clip into the dash etc without screws or damaging it.