Notices
Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

I suppose money goes to those who deserve it.....

Search this Thread

Old 20 July 2009, 11:54 PM
Felix.
Scooby Regular

Received 17 Likes on 8 Posts
Default I suppose money goes to those who deserve it.....

Rapist gets payout for arrest error - , - Latest news & weather forecasts - MSN News UK

Old 21 July 2009, 09:48 AM
The Zohan
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy

It is just plain wrong, perhaps any awards to scum like this should go to previous victims of said scum instead.
Old 21 July 2009, 10:00 AM
boxst
Scooby Regular

Apart from the obvious about the money -- how can the Police keep someone for 110 days and then not produce any evidence?

Steve
Old 21 July 2009, 11:43 AM
Felix.
Scooby Regular

The evidence was that he failed to register his address and who he was with and he lied to that force with an alias name and said he was now off the register.

He is on the register for a reason - in that he is a danger to the public. Most sex offenders will comply with their restrictions (ie informing police of their address and changes of circumstances). Alarm bells must start ringing when he is lying about where he is and who he's with.

Because of the breach of his conditions, he was remanded in custody (due to the fact he is a danger) until a court appearance where they can decide his guilt.

What did they want the police to do instead. Just ignore the fact that he is in the area and giving false details. Can you imagine if he attacked someone and the press got hold of the fact that the police were aware he gave false details but did nothing about it.

Old 21 July 2009, 11:54 AM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

I have no sympathy with such an offender, but why did it take 110 days with him in clink to sort it all out?

Les
Old 21 July 2009, 12:02 PM
Felix.
Scooby Regular

He will have been remanded by police within 24 hrs. After that its in the hands of the courts to get their finger out and arrange a court day
Old 21 July 2009, 12:54 PM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

Yes I see, seems a long time to be imprisoned before his case was heard.

Les
Old 21 July 2009, 12:54 PM
David Lock
Scooby Regular

But police had evidence that he tried to mislead them. So why did CPS offer no evidence? dl
Old 21 July 2009, 05:47 PM
Felix.
Scooby Regular

Chances are that he got off on a 'technicality'

It will be along the lines of. He offered the police an alternative address and it can not be proven that he was not going to try and stay there (possibly a B&B).

Or the female he was going to stay with has offered an alabi for him on the day of the trial. ie "Yes my official name is Mary Smith, but I am sometimes known as Joan Bloggs". This tends to happen a lot - sex offenders get shacked up with a female who know about his past, but for some reason try to protect him.....

The list is endless for get-out clauses for him. The point is, what did they want the police to do. He did not comply with the terms of his conditions and is a violent/sexual threat to members of the public. Sould we not err on the side of caution (incase he does rape & murder a child) and let the court decide his guilt. Not blame the police for bringing the prosecution and giving the rapist a load of money....
Old 21 July 2009, 10:42 PM
bigsinky
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Leslie
Yes I see, seems a long time to be imprisoned before his case was heard.

Les
try living in Northern Ireland in the 70's and early 80's. it's called internment. imprisonment without trial.
Old 21 July 2009, 10:48 PM
The Zohan
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Felix.
Chances are that he got off on a 'technicality'

It will be along the lines of. He offered the police an alternative address and it can not be proven that he was not going to try and stay there (possibly a B&B).

Or the female he was going to stay with has offered an alabi for him on the day of the trial. ie "Yes my official name is Mary Smith, but I am sometimes known as Joan Bloggs". This tends to happen a lot - sex offenders get shacked up with a female who know about his past, but for some reason try to protect him.....

The list is endless for get-out clauses for him. The point is, what did they want the police to do. He did not comply with the terms of his conditions and is a violent/sexual threat to members of the public. Sould we not err on the side of caution (incase he does rape & murder a child) and let the court decide his guilt. Not blame the police for bringing the prosecution and giving the rapist a load of money....
with any luck this POS will meet with a nasty accident, you can dream...
Old 21 July 2009, 11:49 PM
Felix.
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Paul Habgood
with any luck this POS will meet with a nasty accident, you can dream...
They never seem to. But have a load of people who stick up for them, then have agencies who help them, then this big payout

Makes you want to chew your own leg off....!!!!!
Old 23 July 2009, 01:52 PM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by bigsinky
try living in Northern Ireland in the 70's and early 80's. it's called internment. imprisonment without trial.
Bit like Guantanamo then!

Les