Scooby Senior

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I hope not.
Old 05 June 2009, 02:23 PM
unclebuck
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Good for them. Well done.

Everyone is doing well today - except for pete's Nu Labour who are suffering badly at the polls. Long held safe Labour seats are dropping like flies.

Old 05 June 2009, 02:25 PM
Snazy
Scooby Regular

Always worrying to see seats go to extremist parties. Lets hope its NOT the start of a trend.
Old 05 June 2009, 02:26 PM
Steve vRS
Scooby Regular

Not a cause to celebrate
Old 05 June 2009, 02:51 PM
stilover
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Snazy
Always worrying to see seats go to extremist parties. Lets hope its NOT the start of a trend.
Think those that are voting BNP are trying to make a statement to the current government (and future governments) that the UK populations are sick of the ever increasing Imigration figures.

We had a BNP candidate in my area. For a couple of seconds I thought about it (Just for the reson above) but decided to vote sensibly instead.

No one in their right minds would want the BNP representing them.
Old 05 June 2009, 03:08 PM
Snazy
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by stilover
Think those that are voting BNP are trying to make a statement to the current government (and future governments) that the UK populations are sick of the ever increasing Imigration figures.

We had a BNP candidate in my area. For a couple of seconds I thought about it (Just for the reson above) but decided to vote sensibly instead.

No one in their right minds would want the BNP representing them.
I agree on all counts mate, and have to admit I looked at some wierd options from the 17 I was offered locally.
I wonder what percentage of the votes were deliberate actual BNP supporters, and which were just making a point.
And of the latter, how many actually expected them to win, and how many are thinking now WTF did I do!! lol
Old 05 June 2009, 04:01 PM
ScoobyWon't
Scooby Regular

I posted a few months back saying that I had spent the afternoon with the chap who infiltrated the BNP and had a BBC journalist work as his number two in order to produce a documentary to expose the BNP.

For those interested in seeing what they get up to behind closed doors, then The Secret Agent is worth watching.

Since this documentary was aired, the guy who infiltrated them has had several attempts made on his life. What a lovely bunch
Old 05 June 2009, 04:13 PM
diddydee
Scooby Newbie

Blame the politicians for dipping their fingers too much

And blame Labour even more for allowing a free-for-all at our borders for ten years. They couldn't even tell us how many illegal immigrants got in - 300,000... 600,000, 1,000,000.

I'm all for immigration and a multi cultural society but not illegals swamping the country, and that is partly why the BMP is gaining in popularity (much to the vast majority of British people's disdain)
Old 05 June 2009, 04:18 PM
Wurzel
Scooby Senior

Received 73 Likes on 54 Posts
Cool

Originally Posted by diddydee
why the BMP is gaining in popularity
You mean they are going to send in Russian armoured personnel carriers to sort the mess out

or will we have to make do with the odd Bitmap
Old 05 June 2009, 04:21 PM
RS_Matt
Scooby Regular

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts

Hopefully the BNP will become far more professional the more popular they get, ousting out two or three bad eggs in the process. I like 1000's of other people have had bad experiences with minorities, that didn't involve alcohol!

But unless they tidy up their act I'll be content for their growing popularity just to be a warning shot at the other parties.
Old 05 June 2009, 04:36 PM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

I would prefer Labour to get the seat instead of that evil bunch,and thats saying something!

Les
Old 06 June 2009, 04:30 AM
Glowplug
Scooby Regular

Can you imagine the mayhem

Saying that, i do and did vote for them. This is not to say i am 100% in agreement with their policies but nor am i with any other party.
Old 06 June 2009, 09:24 AM
AllanB
Scooby Regular

Sorry I cannot condone a vote for racial intolerance after the lessons learned in 1939-1945 I find it sad that people will vote like that and even funnier the BNP use a spitfire on its leaflets thats a Polish squadron spitfire !

This is how Oswald Mosely started off and I should know my grandmother used to hang around with him - luckily both are dead now.

AllanB
Old 06 June 2009, 07:38 PM
f1_fan
Scooby Regular

I live not far from Burnley and Padiham and it doesn't surprise me. A further indicator of the ever growing stupidity of the UK population.

As far as I am concerned if you support the likes of the BNP then you are either a racist or stupid although really one is a subset of the other of course.
Old 06 June 2009, 07:45 PM
kingofturds
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Labour have bought it all on themselves with their positive discrimination policies imo. Just look at the hoops you have to jump through these days to join the police/fire brigade. unless you are a black one legged lezzer
Old 06 June 2009, 09:01 PM
ScoobyWon't
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by kingofturds
Just look at the hoops you have to jump through these days to join the police/fire brigade. unless you are a black one legged lezzer
I'm a white, single, heterosexual male without any disabilities and I've joined as a police officer without any difficulties.
Old 06 June 2009, 09:03 PM
dpb
Scooby Regular

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Mason already then
Old 07 June 2009, 02:39 AM
Glowplug
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by f1_fan
I live not far from Burnley and Padiham and it doesn't surprise me. A further indicator of the ever growing stupidity of the UK population.

As far as I am concerned if you support the likes of the BNP then you are either a racist or stupid although really one is a subset of the other of course.
I am niether my friend

Thanks for the sweeping comment though

Last edited by Glowplug; 07 June 2009 at 02:57 AM.
Old 07 June 2009, 10:28 AM
f1_fan
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by b13bat
I am niether my friend

Thanks for the sweeping comment though
It's not a sweeping comment.

The BNP are thinly veiled racists who lay the blame for all the country's ills at the door of the immigrants.

To anyone with half a brain that is plainly wrong (and that doesn't mean to say that there aren't problems with our immigration policies and indeed some of the immigrants themselves).

The sad thing is wth the main parties being so morally bankrupt and utterly inept fringe parties like the BNP look all the more attractive to many voters.

The UK is in a bloody mess and one that will get worse before it gets better I fear.
Old 07 June 2009, 11:58 AM
The Zohan
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

The BNP are thinly veiled racists who lay the blame for all the country's ills at the door of the immigrants.

To anyone with half a brain that is plainly wrong (and that doesn't mean to say that there aren't problems with our immigration policies and indeed some of the immigrants themselves).

The sad thing is wth the main parties being so morally bankrupt and utterly inept fringe parties like the BNP look all the more attractive to many voters.

The UK is in a bloody mess and one that will get worse before it gets better I fear.
100% spot on!
Old 07 June 2009, 12:09 PM
subarujimmy
Scooby Regular

I think every party has good and bad points, no matter what there publicity campaigns say, they will never achieve what they publish. And they only publish it because its what they think the voters want to hear.

But one thing that is wrong is the way in which some political parties have sent leaflets out saying "Do not vote BNP". Well all I can say is get stuffed. I, like everyone else will vote for who they want.

And just for the record I didn't vote bnp.
Old 07 June 2009, 06:55 PM
falkster
Scooby Regular

Couldnt have put it better myself!!!
Old 07 June 2009, 08:06 PM
RJM25R
Scooby Regular

The fact remains that most of the people voting BNP do NOT necessarily agree with the policies, but are voting AGAINST the @regular@ parties.

I happen to personally know Mick T*****, who is a local BNP representative. I remember when we were younger and used to play rugby and drink beer. Nowadays, I see him very rarely and NOT on a social basis because you CANNOT have a measured discussion with him without racial tension creeping in.

However, in mitigation, he has this mindset because he was attacked by 12 asian thugs after he had a bump in his car with a local "gangsta" boy over ten years ago which included him getting hit over the head with a crowbar by a middle-aged guy who when convicted got a suspended sentence! He could have KILLED him FFS. Extremism has two faces, and the BNP have their buttons to press for the electorate. . . . .

I could never vote for the BNP,but I understand how normal average people are brainwashed via their desperation over the state of this country, and want to make a STATEMENT and voting BNP is their idea of making that statement.
Old 07 June 2009, 08:36 PM
Glowplug
Scooby Regular

Just wait until you have the 'BMP' (British muslim Party) or the 'EEPP' (Eastern European Peoples Party) on the voting card, by which time it will be too late as all the Eastern Europeans and muslims will vote for their own. In your latter years and/or your kids/grand kids adult years this country will have been taken over because this generation of voters didn't have the kahunas or the foresight to make a difference!
Old 08 June 2009, 08:25 AM
Deep Singh
Scooby Regular

Far right parties always flourish when there is a Labour govt in power, like the NF in the 70s/80s.

Hopefully once the Tories are in and we have some sensible immigration policies the support for the BNP will die down.
Old 08 June 2009, 08:44 AM
DazW
Scooby Regular

Shameful, shameful act in voting for the BNP ...ffs! it was only a day after the 65th D-Day anniversary!! as for 'protest vote' ...they may as well as pi$$ed on veterans/their grandads graves as a protest ...ignorant fcukwits

Quick Reply: First BNP councilor in Lancashire