Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

How difficult is it to understand .. PHONE FIRST

Search this Thread

Old 25 May 2009, 12:09 PM
pimmo2000
Scooby Regular

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default How difficult is it to understand .. PHONE FIRST

Told everyone when the baby was born, DONT call round, text me or phone my mobile and I'll tell you when to come..

Her mum, my dad, sisters everyone has been excellent apart form her Uncle and his family... now I'm not a social person and never go to his parties, but she does, her cousin even said to me, when you get married please dont take her away from the family .. WTF .. we went out for drinks and at the table her uncle asked everyone one by one if they wanted another drink and he skipped over me to person next to me ...

Her mum gave him my mobile and said text when you want to visit.. so he texts my misses waking her up... so I turn her mobile off and guess what.. the ***** and his family just turned up banging on the door, waking her again .. I just ignored them and sent a text to her mum saying I'm not having his...

I have been nothing but polite to this idiot and he's got a little hard on about me not liking them... well now I ****ing dont ..

and breath ...

I know no one cares.. but I needed to get that off my chest .. if it wasnt for my g/f I would have told him to get to **** years ago ..
Old 25 May 2009, 12:27 PM
Mikee
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

We made sure in advance that people knew that they had to phone or text to check to see whether it was okay to visit. Most people have been good so far ( 2 1/2 weeks in ) but there will always be someone who doesn't think!

Hope it's going well mate and that the crying/feeding has settled a bit.
Old 25 May 2009, 12:30 PM
pimmo2000
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Mikee
We made sure in advance that people knew that they had to phone or text to check to see whether it was okay to visit. Most people have been good so far ( 2 1/2 weeks in ) but there will always be someone who doesn't think!

Hope it's going well mate and that the crying/feeding has settled a bit.

We did too .. and they know not to call.. they have been told !!

My guess is they text her mobile and got no reply, so coming round and seeing the curtains closed... best thing to do is knock twice as loud as possible !!
Old 25 May 2009, 12:43 PM
f1_fan
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

They sound self centred and full of their own importance to me. Leave them outside, they will soon get the message. Oh and relax, they ain't worth it!
Old 25 May 2009, 05:06 PM
The Rig
Scooby Regular

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

why do they have to phone 1st ?

baby is asleep most the time,breast feedingtimes if she does can be covered up.

explain bud
Old 25 May 2009, 05:15 PM
pimmo2000
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by The Rig
why do they have to phone 1st ?

baby is asleep most the time,breast feedingtimes if she does can be covered up.

explain bud

She doesnt want to have to leave the room and is not comfortable with having people with her when she feeds, also she needs to sleep when the baby is sleeping or well.. she'll die ..
Old 25 May 2009, 05:52 PM
The Zohan
Scooby Regular

It is an emotional time for you and your partner along with thse sleep depravation.

I would call the offening party and gently but firmly explain the rules just in case he did not get them message.

You may not like him but suck it up and explain how it is, that way there can't be any misunderstandings and you will not have to worry about them just turning up.

Howver, If they do just turn up kindly send them packing explaining mother nd baby are whatever and to call beofre coming round. They will soon get the message. Even if he gets all offended you have done the right thing so he does not have a leg to stand on.

Trending Topics

Old 25 May 2009, 06:10 PM
MJW
Scooby Senior

You should've texted back telling them not to come round. Know what it's like when you've a new baby in the house though, sometimes you just want people to sod off & leave you alone !!
Old 25 May 2009, 06:14 PM
hux309
Also known as daz

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Stick a nice big note on the door that anyone who knocks for the baby will be doing so under pain of death.