Notices
Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Blackpool-stag do-what to do/where to go???

Search this Thread

Old 18 May 2009, 07:40 PM
billyray911
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Blackpool-stag do-what to do/where to go???

Going to Blackpool on the 10th and 11th June for a mates stag do.Train tickets,accomodation and pleasure beach passes sorted.
Never been before,so was wondering can anyone recommend me any decent places to go.Anything considered
Old 18 May 2009, 08:09 PM
Simon C
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The station to get the train home...

Its 1 place I'm never going back to.
Old 18 May 2009, 08:10 PM
Evolution Stu
Administrator
Support Scoobynet!

I can help here... what do you plan to do?

If dancing involved, what sort of music?
Old 18 May 2009, 08:11 PM
my94wrx
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by billyray911
Going to Blackpool on the 10th and 11th June for a mates stag do.Train tickets,accomodation and pleasure beach passes sorted.
Never been before,so was wondering can anyone recommend me any decent places to go.Anything considered
too hot to handle first, and then on to the syndicate, and prepare to be deaf for a week
Old 18 May 2009, 08:26 PM
fitzscoob
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Simon C
The station to get the train home...

Its 1 place I'm never going back to.
Agree there.
Old 18 May 2009, 08:30 PM
njkmrs
Scooby Regular

Theres a Go Kart place on the front past the Pleasure Beach .You can have some fun there .Not too dear either .

Night time there is a place called Funny Girls (in town centre if its still there ).Its a club with Drag Artists doing a show .Not everyones taste but for a group of lads it can be amusing and plenty of Birds in there .!!! When I went it gave me the Creeps at first .It has seating like the stalls on the Muppet show but it was a laugh .

And depending on the age group of your stag party ,there is always the Tower Ballroom to let your hair down and do a few Foxtrots or Passa Doubleys !!!!!!!!!!!

Plenty of places to stay but much of it hasnt had a makeover in 20-25 yrs to be honest so you will get what you pay for .

Have Fun .
Old 18 May 2009, 08:34 PM
RJM25R
Scooby Regular

Why are you going on a thursday/friday????
Old 19 May 2009, 12:25 PM
Julio Jordio
Scooby Regular

Thursday is the student night out.

Friday isnt as busy as a Saturday.

Best places for mid twenties would be;

Walkabout (But can get a bit lairy when its late, odd fight etc)

Sanuk is a club which is a bit more "chilled out" than Syndicate, and isnt full of people gurning

There are a couple of decent rides on the peirs up by Pleasure Beach.

If your out in the day, the touristy pubs are a laugh, but again can get lairy especially the likes of Tower Longe etc.

Its a bit **** really mate..... Preston is a much better night out.
Old 19 May 2009, 12:58 PM
ronjeramy
Scooby Regular

We went on a stag do a couple of years ago in Blackpool, ended up in Flairs, had a good laugh and there was plenty of wimmins on hen do's too
Old 19 May 2009, 02:39 PM
mrtheedge2u2
Scooby Regular

Received 31 Likes on 25 Posts

Blackpool is the worlds biggest sh1thole and it amazes me how many people go there on stag do's and then say to me afterwards that they regret every second of it.......

Best thing to do is never listen to the guy who suggested Blackpool ever again.
Old 19 May 2009, 02:55 PM
Evolution Stu
Administrator
Support Scoobynet!

Blackpool requires local knowledge nowadays.
It used to be the party capital of the UK but its a shadow of its former self sadly and there are quite a few places that you must avoid to assure a good night out.
Old 19 May 2009, 04:01 PM
my94wrx
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Stu @ Internet Brands
Blackpool requires local knowledge nowadays.
It used to be the party capital of the UK but its a shadow of its former self sadly and there are quite a few places that you must avoid to assure a good night out.
where would you recommend and avoid?
Old 19 May 2009, 04:03 PM
Evolution Stu
Administrator
Support Scoobynet!

Originally Posted by my94wrx
where would you recommend and avoid?
I will make a list when the OP has answered my question about his requirements. They could all be 50+ for all we know.
Old 19 May 2009, 04:26 PM
john_s
Scooby Regular

I will make a list when the OP has answered my question about his requirements. They could all be 50+ for all we know.
Sod it, send them to the bingo regardless!
Old 19 May 2009, 07:40 PM
my06 ppp silver
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by mrtheedge2u2
Blackpool is the worlds biggest sh1thole and it amazes me how many people go there on stag do's and then say to me afterwards that they regret every second of it.......

Best thing to do is never listen to the guy who suggested Blackpool ever again.
if the place has a power cut and you are arseholed then your in luck. failing that you may as well take some strong rope, make a noose and take a walk to the end of the pier i am afraid to say
Old 20 May 2009, 05:13 PM
billyray911
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by my06 ppp silver
if the place has a power cut and you are arseholed then your in luck. failing that you may as well take some strong rope, make a noose and take a walk to the end of the pier i am afraid to say
I like a challenge and my expectations of Blackpool,are,well...quite low.
The reason we're going is its a midway point for everyone-the groom lives in scotland and the rest of us are Midlands/Worcester based.
We are all in the 30's bracket and the majority are not massively into clubbing but dont want to be tucked up with our horlicks come 10 o'clock!.
We could do without fighting or getting locked up...Any thoughts
Old 20 May 2009, 05:47 PM
Evolution Stu
Administrator
Support Scoobynet!

Ok,
Presuming you are going to spend the majority of your day at the pleasure beach and or go karting and then going back to the hotel for a shower and change, where to eat depends on where abouts your are staying. If quite central, you cant really go wrong with Frankie and Benny's which has a pub next door too.
(Im thinking of easy group catering here)

Failing that there are a lot of pubs and such like all over the place and a pretty good Harry Ramsdens chippy just north of the tower that seats about 100.
Lots of Italians, Indians and Chinese in town centre, just ask any cabby for a nice venue. For a bunch of chaps my age (38), I would recommend the following.

First of all, start the night nice and easy in the Underbar which is directly behind Blackpool Tower. You don't want to eat or drink anywhere south of this venue if its isn't Frankie and Bennies IMO. There are good places, but few and far between and hard to access.

Come out of there and across the road is the Tower Ballroom. Very accommodating for groups as its a very large open bar.

Come out of there again and head north to Brannigans... about 4 Min's walk. Its a huge place. great for groups.

Come out of the Brannigans FRONT door onto the seafront, and EDEN Lapdancing club is a few doors North to the Right. 1 misn walk.

From EDEN front door, turn left, down the alley and then left again, along the road and into the Coco bar. About 3 mins walk. Its brand new and designed specifically to cater for over 25s. Its also next to another new bar called the Che bar if you want to eye up some younger talent and the clubs are connected internally so entrance should be free once your in Coco and Coco is a FAR easier queue.

From there, come out and head over the main road diagonally to a place called Rumours. About 2 mins walk. Again this is over 25s although does tend to attract the younger crowd too.

If you haven't had enough yet you have two main clubs to go to from there. One is the Syndicate. Ten mins walk. The Uk's largest 5000 capacity nightclub.

details here:

Or Sanuk, which I think you will favour. 5 mins walk. Details here.

I regularly arrange for large groups of my customers to come to Blackpool and we always have a great night and have never had a problem with fights or any aggro in general. You simply have to tread a sensible path through town and avoid certain areas. (Walkabout for example, or fightabout as we call it) Heres my last group shot from the Syndicate Foyer.

Im the guy in the middle feeling well smug that I got 57 people from all over Europe to the syndicate at 1am after an all day seesion, the pleasure beach two meals, 10 bars and I didnt lose a single person. LOL

Last edited by Evolution Stu; 20 May 2009 at 06:18 PM.
Old 20 May 2009, 05:51 PM
davyboy
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by my94wrx
where would you avoid?
Blackpool.

Clearly a classy do....are you wearing T shirts with nick names on?
Old 20 May 2009, 06:05 PM
billyray911
Scooby Regular

Stu
Thanks for the sound advice-much appreciated
Certainly looked like you had your hands full!.Will definitely be using your recommendations
Old 20 May 2009, 06:18 PM
Evolution Stu
Administrator
Support Scoobynet!

Originally Posted by billyray911
Stu
Thanks for the sound advice-much appreciated
Certainly looked like you had your hands full!.Will definitely be using your recommendations
Your welcome, and ive edited to clarify some distances and add in lapdancing, quiite how I forgot that Im unsure, but being a stag night you need those details! LOL
Old 20 May 2009, 06:27 PM
New_scooby_04

Ok,
Presuming you are going to spend the majority of your day at the pleasure beach and or go karting and then going back to the hotel for a shower and change, where to eat depends on where abouts your are staying. If quite central, you cant really go wrong with Frankie and Benny's which has a pub next door too.
(Im thinking of easy group catering here)

Failing that there are a lot of pubs and such like all over the place and a pretty good Harry Ramsdens chippy just north of the tower that seats about 100.
Lots of Italians, Indians and Chinese in town centre, just ask any cabby for a nice venue. For a bunch of chaps my age (38), I would recommend the following.

First of all, start the night nice and easy in the Underbar which is directly behind Blackpool Tower. You don't want to eat or drink anywhere south of this venue if its isn't Frankie and Bennies IMO. There are good places, but few and far between and hard to access.

Come out of there and across the road is the Tower Ballroom. Very accommodating for groups as its a very large open bar.

Come out of there again and head north to Brannigans... about 4 Min's walk. Its a huge place. great for groups.

Come out of the Brannigans FRONT door onto the seafront, and EDEN Lapdancing club is a few doors North to the Right. 1 misn walk.

From EDEN front door, turn left, down the alley and then left again, along the road and into the Coco bar. About 3 mins walk. Its brand new and designed specifically to cater for over 25s. Its also next to another new bar called the Che bar if you want to eye up some younger talent and the clubs are connected internally so entrance should be free once your in Coco and Coco is a FAR easier queue.

From there, come out and head over the main road diagonally to a place called Rumours. About 2 mins walk. Again this is over 25s although does tend to attract the younger crowd too.

If you haven't had enough yet you have two main clubs to go to from there. One is the Syndicate. Ten mins walk. The Uk's largest 5000 capacity nightclub.

details here:

Or Sanuk, which I think you will favour. 5 mins walk. Details here.

I regularly arrange for large groups of my customers to come to Blackpool and we always have a great night and have never had a problem with fights or any aggro in general. You simply have to tread a sensible path through town and avoid certain areas. (Walkabout for example, or fightabout as we call it) Heres my last group shot from the Syndicate Foyer.

Im the guy in the middle feeling well smug that I got 57 people from all over Europe to the syndicate at 1am after an all day seesion, the pleasure beach two meals, 10 bars and I didnt lose a single person. LOL
Stu, the bloke in the white shirt to your immediate left (well, right from your perspective), wouldn't be named Steve would he? If he is then there is a good chance that it's a F*cking small world mate!
Old 20 May 2009, 08:10 PM
billyray911
Scooby Regular

ive edited to clarify some distances and add in lapdancing, quiite how I forgot that Im unsure, but being a stag night you need those details! LOL

Hmmm Lapdancing on a stag-do,an interesting concept.I'll put it to the board