Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Mobile phone batteries

Search this Thread

Old 12 May 2009, 02:17 PM
chocolate_o_brian
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mobile phone batteries

Well more specifically Sony Ericsson batteries. Do they tend to start fading/running out quickly after about 14-15 months?

I've had my SE W960i since last February and have noticed the last couple of days the battery is lasting about 9-10 hours max, when before it could last 2-3 days easily. I'm assuming it's a dying battery as the rest of the phone still works fine. Hasn't been used any more than usual to be fair and I keep upto date with the Sony Ericsson online software updates.

Any similar experiences? I like the phone so would rather get a new battery than swap it. Plus I have TomTom Navigator 6 on also, so don't wanna get another for a while.

Ta muchly

Andy
Old 12 May 2009, 02:28 PM
Matteeboy
Scooby Regular

All batteries wear out - some more than others. Yours will be either Lithium Polymer (good but slightly unstable) or Lithium Ion (more common) - much better than older batteries like NiMh but still not perfect.
Old 12 May 2009, 02:32 PM
dave247
Scooby Regular

Maybe the updates have installed something running in the background? It done the same on my n95 and installed some security centre on it
Old 12 May 2009, 02:50 PM
chocolate_o_brian
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Matteeboy
All batteries wear out - some more than others. Yours will be either Lithium Polymer (good but slightly unstable) or Lithium Ion (more common) - much better than older batteries like NiMh but still not perfect.
It has Li-Polymer on the back, so assume its just dying.

Originally Posted by dave247
Maybe the updates have installed something running in the background? It done the same on my n95 and installed some security centre on it
Doubt it. Last time I did an update, I did the manual option to choose what gets updated. This was mainly when I had a couple software issues. This problem has come on the last 2 days, so wouldn't add up really.

I've bitten the bullet and bought a genuine SE battery from Ebay. Trusted seller with 1000s of feedback and UK based. Could have had a copy for £2.50, but would rather pay the £7 and know its a proper one. Hopefully this sorts my issue out as the 12 month warranty has run out so the phone isn't covered.
Old 12 May 2009, 03:20 PM
andy_s37
Scooby Regular

I've got a spare battery knocking about somewhere off my SE Walkman phone. If I can find it you can have it if you want.

Andy.
Old 12 May 2009, 04:37 PM
chocolate_o_brian
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by andy_s37
I've got a spare battery knocking about somewhere off my SE Walkman phone. If I can find it you can have it if you want.

Andy.
No worries mate, already bought one off Ebay. I needed a BTS-33 one, only fits certain phones, but much appreciate the offer.

You enjoying the choons mate?