Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Just had someone detango my car

Search this Thread

Old 10 May 2009, 10:40 AM
Jamz3k
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Just had someone detango my car

Second time in less than a year i've had my car vandalised, i think its time to buy a clio or something stupid.

Police are useless, glass is lying all over the road from my light and what looks like a glass bottle so I pointed this out when they said it wasn't worth their while to come out to which they replied sure we'll come out and see you tomorrow.
Old 10 May 2009, 10:48 AM
NotoriousREV
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Gutted for you. Us Alfa owners have enough to worry about without that kind of crap. I had my Skyline vandalized last year (failed break in attempt) and it's a sickening feeling finding the resulting mess.
Old 10 May 2009, 10:51 AM
Jamz3k
Scooby Regular

have to head into work now and i haven't even got ready, i'm just too annoyed, I know that its only a bit of light damage but its more the fact that someone has went out of their way to do it.
Old 10 May 2009, 11:12 AM
Will
BANNED

Nothing worse is there! some very sad basterds in this world!!
Old 10 May 2009, 11:35 AM
ALi-B
Support Scoobynet!

Received 301 Likes on 240 Posts

I really have to get my R32 garaged soon: For what to me looks like a mildly tarted up Golf (Let face it, its doesn't look "that" different) it attracts far far to much attention. So much so I can be in the back garden or sat on the bog with the window open and hear people making comment about it as they walk past.

Only last night before I went out, I overheard someone shout in a retarded mongish voice "R32!!!! An its a real'un anall, wikkid. Nah man its real cuz it got dem twin zorsts".

FFS, the Impreza rarely batted an eyelid. Think I might swap the backbox for one off a TDi

Last edited by ALi-B; 10 May 2009 at 11:37 AM.
Old 10 May 2009, 12:02 PM
Jamz3k
Scooby Regular

Just off the phone with my boss, to say i wouldn't be in cus i'm too pissed off.

His reasoning behind why it happened its an Alfa and its cursed by the Devil like all Italian cars He went on about all the issues i've had with it and how much i've spent on it.
recently a new windowscreen, new battery, new tyres due to blow out etc etc, apparently if i was driving a normal car none of this would have happened.
Old 10 May 2009, 12:10 PM
Lee247
SN Fairy Godmother

I wonder just what pleasure the idiot got out of doing that.
Old 10 May 2009, 12:18 PM
Jamz3k
Scooby Regular

without sound too up myself, its one of the nicest looking cars on the street and its generally kept quite clean, add in the fact that more and more townie scumbag famillies are moving into the vilage were i live i can't say it surprises me anymore.

2 years ago i would wouldn't have thought twice about leaving the doors of my house open 24/7 and these things were unheard of in the village but good ol' property developers can't help ruin nice places by over running them with council-esq houses
Old 10 May 2009, 01:01 PM
SteveScooby
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Jamz3k

Police are useless, glass is lying all over the road from my light and what looks like a glass bottle so I pointed this out when they said it wasn't worth their while to come out to which they replied sure we'll come out and see you tomorrow.
Out of interest what do you think collecting the broken glass would achieve?
Old 10 May 2009, 01:08 PM
Jamz3k
Scooby Regular

it will stop people getting flat tyres as they go past

It also helped me prove to the policeman that it was not a hit by another car due to the tragectory of the smashed glass.

Last edited by Jamz3k; 10 May 2009 at 01:09 PM.
Old 10 May 2009, 01:11 PM
kingofturds
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

without sound too up myself, its one of the nicest looking cars on the street and its generally kept quite clean, add in the fact that more and more townie scumbag famillies are moving into the vilage were i live i can't say it surprises me anymore.

2 years ago i would wouldn't have thought twice about leaving the doors of my house open 24/7 and these things were unheard of in the village but good ol' property developers can't help ruin nice places by over running them with council-esq houses
Unfortunately due to the phr initiative, your local low life ****** is no longer confined to the local scummy council estate. They can now drag decent estates where people have worked hard to afford nice houses, down too
Old 10 May 2009, 01:13 PM
The Zohan
Scooby Regular

it will stop people getting flat tyres as they go past

It also helped me prove to the policeman that it was not a hit by another car due to the tragectory of the smashed glass.
Nicely done, a lot of uncaring muppets would have left it to puncture other cars tyres or for some unfortunate to get cut on!

Sorry to hear about your car and disgusted with the polices attitude really. catching some of these offenders could cut down on a lot of other crime like this. Shame the police have tareget set that are easy to fill in other easier ways.

If low lever crime keeps getting ignored then it could easily lead to more serious stuff and problems as the scum belive they are able to do as they like - IMHO

Last edited by The Zohan; 10 May 2009 at 01:14 PM.
Old 10 May 2009, 06:00 PM
M444GY
Former Sponsor

Location: MSOCs tyre and ROTA wheel dealer .Ruisliptyres@gmail.com

*******s mate . prob some **** head
Old 10 May 2009, 07:30 PM
JPL
Scooby Regular

Had the whole car nicked 2+ years ago, they destroyed 1st gear with wheelspin, then, when run out of petrol they just attacked it with their boots.

Car was an absolute wreck, they ripped out carpet, everything, took all the CD's, and the ones they didn't want they snapped.

I actually had tears in my eyes when I saw it at the impound.

Bit of metal, yes... bunch of cvnts that I would like to have a slow and horrible death? YES

(I've been burgled too, don't even go down that route, scum cvnts that do not deserve death, far too good for them).
Old 11 May 2009, 12:03 PM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

Really sorry to see that Jamz. I can well understand how you feel. If I caught someone about to damage my car I could not answer for my actions.

I am also disgusted at the police response. It looks as though they just can't be bothered about anything for the public anymore unless there is an easy tick for their targets involved. Very irresponsible when you consider what their job used to be all about.

Its a nice looking car and I hope you don't have any more trouble.

Les
Old 11 May 2009, 12:11 PM
Jamz3k
Scooby Regular

cheers Leslie

I should clarify that a PSNI officer did come out after a few hours to take a statement from me, he was very good about the situation, very polite man to speak too.

Got the part ordered second hand off ebay for a few quid as well so it wasn't as bad as it could have been!

Went to a garage today to see about getting a few things sorted on the car to get it sailing thru MOT, it would seem that the Recession hasn't hit garages yet from the disinterest i got on doing a few jobs around the car but thats for a completely different Rant topic
Old 13 May 2009, 06:27 PM
Jamz3k
Scooby Regular

Well the devil farts in my face once more!

Replacement light came in the post today but it seems that the post office 5 aside team has used it in practice for the big match this weekend

****ing ****ehawkness
Old 13 May 2009, 11:55 PM
S3TH
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by ALi-B
I really have to get my R32 garaged soon: For what to me looks like a mildly tarted up Golf (Let face it, its doesn't look "that" different) it attracts far far to much attention. So much so I can be in the back garden or sat on the bog with the window open and hear people making comment about it as they walk past.

Only last night before I went out, I overheard someone shout in a retarded mongish voice "R32!!!! An its a real'un anall, wikkid. Nah man its real cuz it got dem twin zorsts".

FFS, the Impreza rarely batted an eyelid. Think I might swap the backbox for one off a TDi

FPMSL thats one of the funniest posts ive seen on here in ages