Notices
Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Parking Bays...

Search this Thread

Old 01 March 2002, 08:25 AM
STi go fast
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ok- now this is so annoying- on my lunch yesterday i pop to the local supermarket for a sarnie.
on my way there i go down a small bit of fast A road, i overtake a citroen Saxo.

anyway, i arrive at the place and park in the parent bay- there are 5 of these and 1 is in use- i use the 2 next to that so people dont bash my car with their doors- this leaves 2 more bays.

In drives the lady in the saxo and parks in the bay next to me, before i know it she shouting about speeding past her (which is rubbish cause my speed was appropriate to the situation) and how i shouldnt be in the bays i'm in!!!! i didnt know parking bays were part of the highways act!
its a shop- i can park where i like and i was only going in for 5-10 mins tops.

if people want kids they need to learn that it dont give them the right to shout at people just cause they have a "potentialy" fast car. and they dont have the right to tell me where to park either!!!!

J
Old 01 March 2002, 09:05 AM
Jolly Green Monster 2
Scooby Regular

Wink

[stand on soap box]

I do hope when and if you ever have kids you also have to park over the otherside of the carpark and try and get the kids out of the narrow gap (without denting the car next door) as car baby seats are quite wide. Then stuggle across a busy car park carrying a baby seat with baby and trying to watch what the other three kids are doing and not getting run over by morons that don;t look where they are going as they are too busy looking for a space.
All because some d1ckhead thinks it is fine to park where he likes!
Before you make some comments like "Well fancy having so many kids and trying to go shopping" like you say you can do what you like, but at least have some respect and use a space appropriate for yourself like the appropriate speed.
There may have been spare spaces when you got there but it only take 30seconds for anther couple of cars to come and fill them.

[get off soap box]
Old 01 March 2002, 09:19 AM
Gordo
Scooby Regular

Thumbs down

You're not going to win much sympathy here I suspect - we are all concerned about damage to our cars but that doesn't give us the right to park in disabled spaces either does it?

dry your tears and park at the other side of the car park where it's safe

G
Old 01 March 2002, 09:26 AM
MikesWagon
Scooby Regular

I couldn't give a sh**e about your speed, but that parking's not wise.

I saw a 2dr parking over 2 spaces right outside the main door at our local Costco, which is unnecessary due to the big spaces there. Came back and someone had queezed an Avensis in beside him. Had to laugh.

If you're that worried about your car, and you feel you need 2 spaces then use a quiet corner of the car park.

Now, where did I put that soap box...?

Mike
Old 01 March 2002, 09:52 AM
Luke
BANNED

Wink

Supermarkets are for muppets... Get your food delivered
WWW.Harrodshomeshopping.com.
Old 01 March 2002, 09:53 AM
sillysi
Scooby Regular

You will find that a lot of supermarkets will now have cars clamped that are parked in the wrong bays. I had kids just so I could park my Scoob in a nice big parking bay :-)
Old 01 March 2002, 09:56 AM
scoobylover
Scooby Regular

Sti:- I have a toddler and a baby and your attitude stinks. Parent and child parking is there for a reason and that reason is not for people like you who are worried about your precious car getting damaged. If your that concerned about your car getting damaged in a supermarket car park then don't take it there or park it over the other side of the car park where no one else parks.

I'm afraid that if i was there you would have got a mouthful from me as well. You have a pair of legs so use them..............

Next time i go shopping with the kids, why don;t you come along and the see how hard it is when you have to park across the other side of the car park and then trundle them to the store.

As far as your comment on that if people want kids then they don;t have the right to should at you or tell you where to park just because you have a fast car, well having a fast car that you don't want to get damaged doesn't give you the right to just park is parent and child parking.

So if your that worried about getting your car damaged then get a reliant robin or something just to go to the supermarket.
Old 01 March 2002, 10:09 AM
ptholt
Scooby Regular

Think you should have a chat with the nhs sti, I'm pretty sure they will agree to make people who have such low iq's such as yourself sterile for free, that way you will never be able to breed. As you obviously don't have the intelligence to figure out what those spaces are for and why they are needed.

I hope next time you do it some poor lady in a HUGE 4x4 goes right down the side of your car as she tries to park cos of the spaces you've taken up.

If i'd have been in the saxo with my two kids if have parked right next to you and joyfully let my 3 year old throw his door open, maybe use your nice warm bonnet as a baby changing mat for ihs brother as your attitude reminds of the contents of a very dirty one.

Old 01 March 2002, 10:17 AM
Jolly Green Monster 2
Scooby Regular

Wink

I am glad it wasn't just me that felt like this..

Old 01 March 2002, 01:49 PM
Alpine
Scooby Regular

I hope you never have kids.. your gene pool seems kinda murky..
Old 01 March 2002, 02:36 PM
Brendan Hughes
Scooby Regular

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
I acquired my kid when he was already 8, so I don't have the first-hand experience. But there's been a few threads about this already, they get pretty heated (as above).

Let's put it constructively. If you realise the extent to which some people fail to cope with car seats, prams, toddlers, and supermarket trolleys, I suspect that you are multiplying your chances of getting scratched or dented by about 10 when you use the parent bays.

BJH
Old 03 March 2002, 10:39 PM
APJ
Scooby Regular

Angry

Grrrrr - people who park in baby and toddler spaces - and they usually drive beemers!

Have a few kids and you soon realise how impossible it is to get them in and out of the car and secured safely when squashed in an ordinary parking space. The baby and toddler spaces are wider to help parents with young kids, not for lazy **** who cant be ar$ed to park properly.

The number fo times I've been heading for a baby space with 2 screaming toddlers in the back, only to be pipped to the last space by a bloke and a dog. Grrrrr.
Old 03 March 2002, 11:45 PM
BOB.T
Scooby Senior

Steady on chaps, ok so it's not advisable to park in these bays but it's hardly the end of the world is it! The guy said there were other spare places.

OK then answer me this, why when people are in the car ( in car parks) they expect eveyone to get out of their way way, yet you can see the same person walking and they will not move, what's that all about?

AND!

I'm sat in the car, eating my mcD's and listening to mi radio, it's a huge car park, there's me and one other car, miles away. Why does the next car in have to park right next to me??

Why can't people take trolleys all the way to booth things aswell, why launch them from ten feet???

why does pulling that little bit of skin from you're finger hurt so much........

Bob
Old 03 March 2002, 11:52 PM
P1Fanatic
Scooby Regular

Hmm bit of a touchy subject. I personally park as far away from the shop door as possible so less chance of someone scraping my car like they did with my old one.

Disabled parking bays I agree with, but parent bays I can see and agree with peoples issues they have with them. Fair enough they need to be bigger to let kids get out without damaging other cars when opening the doors but the positions are somewhat annoying. In my local tescos they are like every car park bay within a certain radius of the front door.

When its raining or 3am in the morning I think I have as much right as any other driver to park as close to the front door as far as free parking bays allows. Having children should give you no automatic right to park closer to the shop IMHO - especially when all parking bays next to the ATM machines (which happens to be at the far side of the car park) are also parent & children bays only - wtf is that all about - parents have more right to withdraw cash than I do - get real!

There I said it.....

/me waits for the onslaught!
Old 04 March 2002, 07:11 AM
scoobylover
Scooby Regular

Parent and baby parking spaces are wider to enable with car seats to get them in and out the car. Its impossible to get a car seat in and out the car when you park in a normal bay when someone parks close next to you. What have we got to do get the baby out before we park.

As for there were other spaces available, these spaces could have been filled in seconds............
Old 04 March 2002, 07:51 AM
scoob_dood
Scooby Regular

Sensitive subject! But I thought I'd my most infuriating experience to the postings.

Busy Saturday afternoon, had to park over the other side of Tesco's Car Park, arrive at the front door to find some guy in an F355 parking in the disabled spot (no orange badge - I did check!) about 10ft from the front door!

Was seriously tempted to have a quiet word, but figured i wouldn't achieve much, and would easily be assumed I was jealous of his car.

Now, I figure the reasons for parking your pride and joy in a wider spot, away from other cars is valid, so maybe Tescos and other supermarkets could have "***** Extension Bays" - these feature extra wide spaces, padded bollards and special Security patrols ...

;-)

- Jon
Old 04 March 2002, 11:02 AM
ptholt
Scooby Regular

hey the above sounds fun, would be just like disney land!
in fact the train could right through the store slowly and you could reach out and select your shopping off so you dont have to walk

or better still, stop at the front of the store where you got a big bumper car and everyone drove round bashing into people around the store - sorry, i'll go take a pill or something.
Old 04 March 2002, 01:25 PM
matrix
Scooby Regular

STi go fast.... I Love it when people load a gun and then let other people fire it

Old 04 March 2002, 01:25 PM
matrix
Scooby Regular

Ahem
Old 04 March 2002, 01:59 PM
matrix
Scooby Regular

Damaja

I may be wrong and If I am (tough ) no seriously, If it is true then I apologise. I for one would never park in a disabled or family parking bay even though I have children I tend to park a little further from the entrance as the people who get wound up about there parking bays seem to think that they own the bays, and I for One don't need the hassle of somebody having a go at me for misuse of their property.

Or were you talking about the corner ?
Old 04 March 2002, 02:13 PM
Damaja
Scooby Regular

I was talking about you identifying that this is likely to be someone loading a gun and other people firing it mate

Old 03 April 2002, 07:46 AM
ptholt
Scooby Regular

Yeah thats a great idea p1fanatic, lets get the mother and baby parking bays moved to the far side of the car park and make the buggers walk the entire length of the car park, then perhaps when you find yourself with one kiddie sitting in your trolley trying to lob the contents across the car park, a trolley that wont drive anywhere near like a straight line (do they ever?) and careering towards parked cars and a toddler that wants to trot off and explore new things you'll realise why they put them at the front of the shop m8, little people have zero knowledge of what a car is and how dangerous they are, you honestly think they are going to stop between the rows of cars and check for traffic or will they be more interested in a shop perceived to be full of sweets and toys?

When they put things like a thomas the tank ride on thing at the front door the only thing our three year old wants to do is get up on top of it for a ride, and you driving round the car park having popped to the atm aint gonna stop him attempting to leg it across the car park to get at the earliest opporuntity, add a 3 month old in a baby seat that you've got to get out the car as well and you've suddenly ran out of hands and oooo theres goes the three year old for the ride on thing.......

Just re-read p1's post as its a bit early, and to be fair he was quoting 3am etc which is fair enough, not exactly gonna be busy then, but bad weather on its own during saturday morning supermarket sweep wouldnt exactly be cricket.

[Edited by ptholt - 3/4/2002 8:49:11 AM]
Old 03 April 2002, 08:19 AM
scoob_dood
Scooby Regular

I think you've hit on a class idea there though, how about having the Parent/Child Spaces further away from the store front...

.. and installing a fun train type feature to collect Parents/Children and ship them and shopping (on their return) between safe spaces and Store front ?

Imagine how much more fun shopping on a Saturday morning would be with this type of system :-)

Anything that took away the "child roaming free" element from a supermarket car park must be a good idea, surley ?

- Jon

[Edited by scoob_dood - 3/4/2002 9:20:12 AM]
Old 03 April 2002, 12:29 PM
Damaja
Scooby Regular

Glad to see you have realised that Matrix, seems everyone else on this thread is not as quick as you!

edited as I am a numptie

[Edited by Damaja - 3/4/2002 1:30:24 PM]