Notices
Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

The baby (if born today) would no longer be premature !!

Search this Thread

Old 20 April 2009, 11:40 AM
pimmo2000
Scooby Regular

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default The baby (if born today) would no longer be premature !!

Its getting close .. cant believe its been Nine months already !!

https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby...gonna-dad.html
Old 20 April 2009, 11:45 AM
Timwinner
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Bags packed... Phone charged.... Stomach upside down..... The count down has began!!! Keep us updated!
Old 20 April 2009, 11:45 AM
Snazy
Scooby Regular

Good luck mate.
OH's sister had a baby yesterday

All the best for your missus and lil one
Old 20 April 2009, 11:47 AM
Matteeboy
Scooby Regular

Best of luck Pimmo.

We were a bag of nerves at this stage (having had a mishap last time) but all was fine - in fact the little man is currently shouting his head off and demanding lunch right now!
Old 20 April 2009, 11:56 AM
SJ_Skyline
Scooby Senior

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My god that was fast! Pack yourself a bag too - camera, bottle of water, pack of hobnobs, nice thick Tom Clancy book. It will seem like ages in the hospital (the 11 minutes between my little monsters appearing was a lifetime.) I remember it as clearly as if it was yesterday and they are nearly 14 months old now.

What they didn't prepare me for: Forceps - they are not like BBQ tongs, they are more like a bloody great tyre lever!

Charge your camera battery now!!

Best of luck

Last edited by SJ_Skyline; 20 April 2009 at 11:58 AM.
Old 20 April 2009, 12:40 PM
pimmo2000
Scooby Regular

I'm trying to stay calm and only tell her I'm excited.. I'm ****ting myself.

Every time she gets a "feeling" I'm saying this could be it, this is great.. and I'm thinking aaaaaaaahhhhhhhh **** ..
Old 20 April 2009, 01:27 PM
Simon K
Scooby Regular

My little chap arrived monday 2/2/09 @ 8:38am. Labour started Friday 30/01/09 ! Took for ever :-) If its your first, like mine, you have no idea how your life will totally change !!! :-)

I took a sudoko puzzle book ! Best thing ever :-)

Best of luck.

SBK
Old 20 April 2009, 01:58 PM
pimmo2000
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Simon K
My little chap arrived monday 2/2/09 @ 8:38am. Labour started Friday 30/01/09 ! Took for ever :-) If its your first, like mine, you have no idea how your life will totally change !!! :-)

Best of luck.

SBK
everyone keeps telling me it will take a long time .. I get the impression he'll want to prove everyone wrong and be born in record time !!

Place you bets now please
Old 20 April 2009, 01:59 PM
pimmo2000
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Simon K

Best of luck.

SBK

oh and congratulations btw
Old 20 April 2009, 02:19 PM
chocolate_o_brian
Scooby Regular

I was overjoyed this morning when I saw Nat in her "pink buckets". I knew that 2 weeks overdue, begging it to happen, the decorators were finally in.

Best of luck Pimmo, but I for one ain't ready for kids yet (not while on benefits anyways).
Old 20 April 2009, 02:36 PM
pimmo2000
Scooby Regular

lol .. I've had 9 months free of the "I cant tonight ... its that time" .. excuse..

Although she does seem to get more headaches ...
Old 20 April 2009, 02:45 PM
gpssti4
Scooby Regular

One thing not to say to the doctor immediately after the event "stick another stitch in down there will you"

My mate did and if looks could kill............................... although the medical staff found it highly amusing
Old 20 April 2009, 02:56 PM
rbaz
Scooby Regular

Congrats
When is he/she due?
Ours is due on the 15th May bags already packed, I am not panicking yet but the wife is bricking it.
Reminds me I must go back out and get on with finishing the house has to be done before she can arrive
Old 20 April 2009, 02:58 PM
Simon K
Scooby Regular

My lady had to have a `sweep` to try and bring on the birth as she was nearly 2 weeks late. As the female nurse was performing the sweep, for a joke / break the ice, I asked if its wrong that I should be turned on due to watching my lady being examined by another female :-) ! I thought it was funny, as did my lady, but the nurse was shocked saying "You cant say that, oh my god........ you cant say things like that " hahaha

For a guys perspective, the 9 months pregancy didnt really have an effect on me and I never really felt like I was going to be a dad, infact, feel anything at all. I was excited about having a baby but didnt feel any different.

Once I'd watched the little chap be born, I cried like a girl :-) The emotions of cutting the cord, and seeing some little face look at you, who is now totally reliant on you and your lady, was amazing.

Still, took me 3 weeks after that to really bond, as I kept on looking at him as my lady's baby. If your lady is breastfeeding, then a guy's role at the begining is pretty limited really, so not until a few weeks in, that you bond, well for me anyway.

Now, he's my little giggling bundle :-) I get up at 5:30 so I can spend some time with him before I go to work.

Out of interest, choosing a name was so difficult.

SBK
Old 20 April 2009, 02:59 PM
hodgy0_2
Scooby Regular

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by SJ_Skyline
My god that was fast! Pack yourself a bag too - camera, bottle of water, pack of hobnobs, nice thick Tom Clancy book. It will seem like ages in the hospital (the 11 minutes between my little monsters appearing was a lifetime.) I remember it as clearly as if it was yesterday and they are nearly 14 months old now.

What they didn't prepare me for: Forceps - they are not like BBQ tongs, they are more like a bloody great tyre lever!

Charge your camera battery now!!

Best of luck

i would echo this -- I took a radio (with headphones) and a camping mat and pillow

all my children born in the morning after a long night of labour,
Epidural is the worst bit, and I was only watching

i,m not religous - but boy if anything could convince me it would be chirldbirth

a true "gift from god" and everytime I had the most special time, I always cry

good luck and enjoy every minute

oh and as an aside a bigup to the midwifes/docters and NHS in general (had first 3 in St Mary's Paddingtion and twins in Hinchingbrook) they were all absolutely fantastic

Last edited by hodgy0_2; 20 April 2009 at 03:05 PM.
Old 20 April 2009, 03:27 PM
Simon K
Scooby Regular

good idea, a massive bigup to the mid-wives / Bamber ward @ Worthing Hopsital. Previous to the birth, we'd heard some terrible stories about Worthing baby unit, but on the night / weekend, they couldnt do enough.

Midwives arent paid a great deal either, so you know they are there becuase they really want to help. I was going to pay for a private mid-wife, but didnt in the end, which Im glad I didnt.

I also had the stems cells from the umbilical cord collected and sent to Virgin Health bank, that was the dear part though. The damn phobotomist (sp) cost me near £300, just to drive over and collect the blood as the local NHS wont do it. I did offer the nurses there £100 to take the blood, as well as me signing off any responbility, but they couldnt. Once sent off and stored, cost me £2K in the end, but worth it if it helps in the future for any serious illnesses.

Also, been told about the Vitamin K injection ? Got your birth plan ready ?

SBK
Old 20 April 2009, 03:32 PM
Matteeboy
Scooby Regular

Nice one Simon!!

Our birth plan went straight out of the window. Ours was induced. We spent the first day walking around the hospital ground then sneaked off into a nearby field for a snooze (it was very sunny)!

Our midwives were amazing too - bought the main one (who also looked after us when the first one went wrong) a case of decent wine as thanks and flowers for the rest of them.

Didn't even know you could send stem cells away to be stored!
Old 20 April 2009, 03:51 PM
Simon K
Scooby Regular

:-) my lady had to be enduced as well. We walked around that hopsital for hours !!!!!! :-)

Collecting stems cells has been around for a year or so and is offered by 2 companies, one being Virgin. Reading the site, seems like collecting the cells can help if your baby has one of eleven different illnesses ( more each year as science is getting better ) in the future. Can also help the father or mother.

It was / is dear, but had to be done though as his health is the most important thing to me now. Trouble is, this can only be done at birth. You can ring up Virgin Health Bank, they send out a pack which contains all the special blood bags, instructions etc.

You have to pay about £150 upfront, then you get this pack. Once its filled with the cells, and a sample of the mothers blood, you send the box back, they process it, check the contents and ensure all the cells are there and useable, then place it in their bank.

Only when they are happy the sample is usable, do they then send you out the remaining invoice.
Old 20 April 2009, 03:57 PM
SCOsazOBY
Scooby Senior

Its been a year since my boy was born and it was an amazing experience. I had a bad pregnancy so was looking forward to giving birth. It took 30+ hours and i stayed at home as long as i could then went to the birth centre for a water birth. Two paracetamols and a bit of gas and air was all i had and no stitches
Just make sure you keep asking if you can do anything for her such as food, drink, back rub etc
Good luck and make sure you take lots of photos as they change so much in the first few weeks.
Old 21 April 2009, 02:04 AM
pimmo2000
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by SCOsazOBY
Its been a year since my boy was born and it was an amazing experience. I had a bad pregnancy so was looking forward to giving birth. It took 30+ hours and i stayed at home as long as i could then went to the birth centre for a water birth. Two paracetamols and a bit of gas and air was all i had and no stitches
Just make sure you keep asking if you can do anything for her such as food, drink, back rub etc
Good luck and make sure you take lots of photos as they change so much in the first few weeks.

Small baby or large ... anyway ... thanks for all the posts
Old 21 April 2009, 07:32 AM
The Dogs B******s
Scooby Regular

Good luck pimmo,you'll need it

PS,i thought you were a jaffa
Old 21 April 2009, 09:10 AM
Mikee
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by rbaz
Congrats
When is he/she due?
Ours is due on the 15th May bags already packed, I am not panicking yet but the wife is bricking it.
Reminds me I must go back out and get on with finishing the house has to be done before she can arrive
I'm in exactly the same situation mate, mine's due on the 13th .

Finished the nursery on saturday but my plans to do the lounge before junior shows up aren't looking good. Ooops.

Good luck to yourself and Pimmo, to everyone else - keep an eye on this thread... looks like it might get busy real soon!!!
Old 21 April 2009, 09:30 AM
Matteeboy
Scooby Regular

Blimey - loads of babies! I guess August/September last year must have been a "productive" time!

Hope all goes well for everyone - it's just brilliant having a little one around.
Old 21 April 2009, 12:38 PM
pimmo2000
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by The Dogs B******s
Good luck pimmo,you'll need it

PS,i thought you were a jaffa
so did I ...