Notices
Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Oh Dear, Mr PoliceMan In A Little Bit More Trouble Than First Thought.

Search this Thread

Old 17 April 2009, 07:24 PM
jiffthejiffmanjaffa
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Oh Dear, Mr PoliceMan In A Little Bit More Trouble Than First Thought.

Looks like the first corners report is being disputed and it now looks like the G20 protestor could have died as a result of being pushed, and not a heart attack as first thought.

G20 officer quizzed on manslaughter - AOL News
Old 17 April 2009, 07:32 PM
G-Man1982
Scooby Regular

Location: DIESEL POWERED BORAT! SLAMMED, R32 WHEELS, MAPPED, DE-CAT, TINTS. LOVE IT!

good!! its about time the old bill got punishment for acting like tossers!
Old 17 April 2009, 07:36 PM
jiffthejiffmanjaffa
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Scoobyman1982
good!! its about time the old bill got punishment for acting like tossers!
Sounds like you've had a bad experience or two...

Just remember there are bad apples in every walk of life, and for the most part the police do a good job.

The culture of today is to blame for alot of what police have to do.

Returning to the G20 thing, is the Police Officer really responsible for that man's death? I think that now you have two medical experts disagreeing with one another he's not likley to be found guilt, even if he is.
Old 17 April 2009, 07:50 PM
SunnySideUp
Scooby Regular

Had there been no film/video then the man would have been buried, died of a Heart Attack and the world would have moved on, none the wiser.

Now, it looks like it was actually Manslaughter ....... how many times have things like this been missed in the past I wonder?
Old 17 April 2009, 11:37 PM
mouse555
Scooby Regular

Its about time the police were held accountable for their actions and boy is this one gonna hurt!
Old 18 April 2009, 12:35 AM
Will
BANNED

The ******* get away with too much!! lets hope the **** get sent down for a long time!!
Old 18 April 2009, 01:04 AM
ScoobyWon't
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by mr_impreza
The ******* get away with too much!! lets hope the **** get sent down for a long time!!
Another one for my list
Old 18 April 2009, 01:10 AM
Will
BANNED

Originally Posted by ScoobyWon't
Another one for my list
Are you a copper
Old 18 April 2009, 01:20 AM
phil_wrx
Scooby Regular

i cant see that push leading to internal bleeding, maybe the man wasnt as innocent as is being made out and was involved in previous trouble where he has been injured
Old 18 April 2009, 01:35 AM
ScoobyWon't
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by mr_impreza
Are you a copper
Are you paranoid?

I know where you live
Old 18 April 2009, 03:19 AM
Paul3446
Scooby Regular

I see that the woman who was hit by a policeman at the G20 riot is now being represented by Max Clifford!
Old 18 April 2009, 04:17 AM
Will
BANNED

Originally Posted by ScoobyWon't
Are you paranoid?

I know where you live
No!

Old 18 April 2009, 07:29 AM
jasey
Scooby Senior

Originally Posted by phil_wrx
i cant see that push leading to internal bleeding, maybe the man wasnt as innocent as is being made out and was involved in previous trouble where he has been injured
Yeah - the pigs probably waited til the cameras were off then gave the poor sod a good kicking .

Still Jackie Smith will probably have the guy that carried out the 2nd post mortem arrested and renditioned to Afghanistan for "National Security" reasons then get a third post mortem carried out that will confirm that he died from the poisonous gas he was carrying that was going to wipe out London.
Old 18 April 2009, 07:43 AM
AllanB
Scooby Regular

Sorry but having seen police brutality first hand and experienced a year of harassment ans the so calls law enforcers I hope the guilty officer goes down for life. How on earth can anyone trust them police when they behave like this and indeed they are part of the issue with society today and should be part of the solution not the problem itself.

Allanb
Old 18 April 2009, 07:51 AM
Paul3446
Scooby Regular

There's no way this would stand up as manslaughter, unless there is video footage of him being hit in the stomach. I think I read this guy was an alcoholic, which may well have been more to do with bleeding in the stomach, than being pushed over. Not sure I ever heard of someone who was fit and healthy being pushed over causing that?
Old 18 April 2009, 07:54 AM
jasey
Scooby Senior

Originally Posted by Paul3446
There's no way this would stand up as manslaughter, unless there is video footage of him being hit in the stomach. I think I read this guy was an alcoholic, which may well have been more to do with bleeding in the stomach, than being pushed over. Not sure I ever heard of someone who was fit and healthy being pushed over causing that?
If it was some fat pig that had been pushed over and died you can be sure the rest of the pigs would be pushing for a manslaughter charge.

As it was a member of the public we'll have the pigs saying things like he shouldn't have been there bla bla bla.

I suppose at least this time they didn't shoot him !
Old 18 April 2009, 07:54 AM
StickyMicky
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by AllanB
Sorry but having seen police brutality first hand and experienced a year of harassment ans the so calls law enforcers I hope the guilty officer goes down for life. How on earth can anyone trust them police when they behave like this and indeed they are part of the issue with society today and should be part of the solution not the problem itself.

Allanb
+1

people don't understand till they have seen it happen first hand....
Old 18 April 2009, 08:07 AM
Paul3446
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by jasey
If it was some fat pig that had been pushed over and died you can be sure the rest of the pigs would be pushing for a manslaughter charge.

As it was a member of the public we'll have the pigs saying things like he shouldn't have been there bla bla bla.

I suppose at least this time they didn't shoot him !
The only pigs on display that day were the rioters. In fact that's a bit of an insult to pigs.
Old 18 April 2009, 08:15 AM
jasey
Scooby Senior

The only pigs on display that day were the rioters. In fact that's a bit of an insult to pigs.
Anyone that walks up behind someone and pushes / hits them or anyone who hits a woman is an insult to pigs.

There's no place for scum like that in the police.

Police are there to uphold laws - not break them.

It's ******* like that pig that give the majority of decent policemen a bad name - However the majority of decent policemen seem to place loyalty to pigs in their ranks above what is right - that's how it seems to be to me.
Old 18 April 2009, 08:33 AM
Paul3446
Scooby Regular

Sorry i can't take anyone that calls the police, "Pigs", seriously, it just makes me think of Rick from "The Young Ones".

Perhaps the guy did over react, but I'd like to see you have a bunch of *rsehole hypocrites shouting in your face all day, coming back for more when you've told them to go away, pushing you around. I think you'd snap pretty quick, especially as you seem to be carrying round an awful lot of repressed anger.
Old 18 April 2009, 08:43 AM
jasey
Scooby Senior

Sorry i can't take anyone that calls the police, "Pigs", seriously, it just makes me think of Rick from "The Young Ones".

Perhaps the guy did over react, but I'd like to see you have a bunch of *rsehole hypocrites shouting in your face all day, coming back for more when you've told them to go away, pushing you around. I think you'd snap pretty quick, especially as you seem to be carrying round an awful lot of repressed anger.
That's why I'm not a policeman.

If you can't do the job you shouldn't do it .

I only call "bad" policemen pigs .

ps If the pig in question had battoned a swampy to$$ser with a brick in his hand I wouldn't have given a shiny $hit - They need to pick their victims a bit better.
Old 18 April 2009, 10:00 AM
hodgy0_2
Scooby Regular

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

they are not doing themselve any favours

they seem to self infect themselves with the "rage" when policing these demos

also quite a few not wearing identity badges -- why
Old 18 April 2009, 10:16 AM
nixxon
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by jasey
It's ******* like that pig that give the majority of decent policemen a bad name - However the majority of decent policemen seem to place loyalty to pigs in their ranks above what is right - that's how it seems to be to me.
Pigs should squeal!
Old 18 April 2009, 10:18 AM
Nurse Gladys
Scooby Regular

Location: Daily drive is a Scoob again - just what it should be!

The woman that was 'hit' by the police now has Max Clifford working for her - because 'I needed some help' she said on BBC News today. She didn't see £££££s then?

You can clearly see the officer speaking to her, no doubt telling her to back of, but TWICE more she comes forward - thick or what.

The Police are there on behalf of us, the general public, to uphold the law. What are they supposed to do when faced with dropouts like this? Say please go away now and be a good girl? I don't somehow think that would work. And no doubt they had several warnings anyway.

If the police had stood back and let these 'protesters' continue, I am sure half of you on here would be shouting about why they wern't stopped from trashing the centre of London, smashing windows, setting fire to the place etc.

Whatever happens the police cannot win in situations like this - but we have to be grateful there are people prepared to do the job. I for one wouldn't.
Old 18 April 2009, 10:46 AM
fivetide
Scooby Regular

Exactly. For me she asked for what she got. You can hear the guy shout at her several times 'go away' but she thinks she is untouchable.

Saw the same thing with a bunch of neds in town once. Abusing the local plod and actually saying "you can't touch me pig, touch me i'll have you for assault."

Foul and abusive language from some wee 12 year old and he knew they'd be called heavy handed for trying to shift him. IMHO she is no better. If she had been part of a peaceful protest as they claimed then she wouldn't have had a problem.

Also old bloke did seem hammered at the time. Lets say he doesn't look healthy. We'll await to autopsy but i suspect the guy had a drink issue and actually burst an ulcer. Nothing to to do with the cops.

That said, taking badge numbers off and losing your cool isn't right and they do need to show more restraint. The whole containment plan needs looking at even though these people wouldn't have had an issue if they hadn't been acting like idiots.

5t.
Old 18 April 2009, 11:09 AM
HankScorpio
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Scooby Blue WRX
Stuff
Well said.

If the officers in question are dealt with with an overly heavy hand, that just means the next time, every officer will think twice about using any force and at that point you'd be as well firing them all and using community support wardens.
(disciplined - yes, more training - almost certainly, criminal charges - nope)

These crusties really get on my **** when they go to exercise their right to protest and then spend the day shouting and and baiting the police. PC Bloggs and his colleagues were really responsible for setting fiscal policy and bank risk profiles

They are there to protect public safety and if I spent the best part of a day abusing and pushing them, I'd fully expect a slap round the chops.
Old 18 April 2009, 11:19 AM
VTR steve
Scooby Regular

Hang the ******* hope he goes down for a long time
Old 18 April 2009, 11:39 AM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by phil_wrx
Are you medically qualified, and do you have extra evidence that no one else knows about?

The action by the copper was unecessary and over the top. Whatever the actions of the crowd, the copper was not justified in attacking a bystander from the rear in such a way.

Maybe the case will make a few coppers think twice before over reacting in such a way.

Les
Old 18 April 2009, 12:06 PM
Felix.
Scooby Regular

Received 17 Likes on 8 Posts

Yes indeed. Next time we will just stand by and let them do what they want. Replace the battons with foam ones and replace CS gas with a water pistol. After all they had a right to protest and smash windows and disrupt Mr Tax Payer from going about his lawfull business.

So, if you wake up to find some burglar in your house, don't try and tackle him - you might hurt him
Old 18 April 2009, 03:56 PM
boomer
Scooby Senior

Felix.

Maybe you should have a good look at some of the video footage of the G20 "protests"? The police certainly took an awful lot, but seem reluctant to publish any of it (and don't forget, we, paid for all of that!)

Pretty much the only people being violent were the police themselves!!

The only exception was the soap-dodgers who broke into the RBS (but that is criminal damage, not violence). However the police were very conspicuous in their absence during that event - almost as if they wanted it to happen

I am amazed how civil the many thousands of people were who had been "kettled" for hours on end. Again, check out the video footage - i believe that there is a web-site called YouTube that can help out in that regard.

mb

Quick Reply: Oh Dear, Mr PoliceMan In A Little Bit More Trouble Than First Thought.