Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

I feel sorry for Bob Quick

Search this Thread

Old 10 April 2009, 11:09 AM
David Lock
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I feel sorry for Bob Quick

The anti-terrorist cop slung out because he forgot to hide a page of info as he walked across the road. OK a major mistake but these things happen.

30 years of experience lost and at huge personal cost no doubt.

The guy who should have his ***** cut off is the scum photographer who thought it was clever to put the photo on the net

dl
Old 10 April 2009, 11:13 AM
Deep Singh
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by David Lock
The anti-terrorist cop slung out because he forgot to hide a page of info as he walked across the road. OK a major mistake but these things happen.

30 years of experience lost and at huge personal cost no doubt.

The guy who should have his ***** cut off is the scum photographer who thought it was clever to put the photo on the net

dl
He is a Nu Labia puppet. He also sanctioned the arrest of a Tory MP and the unprecedented raiding of his parliamentary office on trumped up charges that were never proved.

He also accused the Tories of a witch hunt against him that he had to publicly apologise for later
Old 10 April 2009, 11:34 AM
Snazy
Scooby Regular

He messed up, he quit. He still has his job, just not that area of responsibility.

What would the opinons of him be if the terrorists had found out the plan and brought it forward hurting hundreds..... out of interest of course.

I dont believe the photographer actually put the pic on the net did he? I thought it was sent to media agencies, who in turn decided to act responsibly with it, reported it and a D notice was issued.
Old 10 April 2009, 11:40 AM
EddScott
Scooby Regular

Received 64 Likes on 32 Posts

I said this in another thread but it seems laughable that this chap makes a mistake and is booted from his present position yet more than one MP gets caught clearly ripping off the UK tax payer and its a case of "I haven't done anything wrong" with £60K expenses?
Old 10 April 2009, 11:44 AM
Timwinner
Scooby Regular

I have met Bob Quick a few times and unlike a lot of people at his level his is actually a nice guy, He has a real grounded view on crime and its softly softly like a lot of people "hug a hoodie"etc.
He did make a mistake, It Police school 101 to keep your paper work face down. Having seen the photos he didnt put anything at real risk, There is anti terror opps going now, all over the country. Me saying that doesnt put things at real risk.

But like I said (and as you might have guessed from previous posts I am pro Police) he did make a blunder and he did the right thing and went without any fuss..... Pity his integrity on this matter isnt matched by other high level public servants that mess up.
Old 10 April 2009, 11:45 AM
Snazy
Scooby Regular

Ed, totally agree with that mate. Not for one second saying this is perfect, the MP's need a kickin for sure. But personally I reckon Quick did the right thing leaving.

There are so many situations where someone senior takes the fall. Russell Brand, and Johnathon Woss.............. head of programming quit, and so on.
Old 10 April 2009, 11:54 AM
boxst
Scooby Regular

Generally I respect the Police, this is quite funny though: POLICE BLUNDER REVEALS SECRET PLAN TO BEAT YOU SENSELESS - The Daily Mash

Old 10 April 2009, 12:21 PM
Snazy
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Timwinner
I have met Bob Quick a few times and unlike a lot of people at his level his is actually a nice guy, He has a real grounded view on crime and its softly softly like a lot of people "hug a hoodie"etc.
He did make a mistake, It Police school 101 to keep your paper work face down. Having seen the photos he didnt put anything at real risk, There is anti terror opps going now, all over the country. Me saying that doesnt put things at real risk.

But like I said (and as you might have guessed from previous posts I am pro Police) he did make a blunder and he did the right thing and went without any fuss..... Pity his integrity on this matter isnt matched by other high level public servants that mess up.
Nicely put.
Old 10 April 2009, 12:37 PM
jasey
Scooby Senior

He's got his (reported) £114,000 a year pension so he'll be OK
Old 10 April 2009, 12:38 PM
Dedrater
Scooby Regular

When was a D Notice issued? after the press released the photo?
Old 10 April 2009, 01:17 PM
Snazy
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Dedrater
When was a D Notice issued? after the press released the photo?
According to the media, it was issued after a senior member of the media contacted Downing Street to ask them if they really wanted it in the public domain.

So I believe at the crutial time (before the raids) the D notice was issued. After the raids, the info was then left to flow, carefully so to speak.
Old 10 April 2009, 02:49 PM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

He did make a very basic error in holding that paperwork such that the content of that page was in view. Had I done that when I was in the Service with some of the top secret paperwork we had to handle, I would rightly have been in very serious trouble indeed. He appears for once to have taken the honourable course of action and he deserves a plus for that anyway.

The fact that the information was published however is an incredible crass thing to have done, and those responsible should be punished severely, D notice or not. Surely no one could be so stupid as not to realise the top requirement of that information to be kept totally secret! Publishing it could have cost lives and the failure to intercept those who were under suspicion of making a terrorist plot. Making money out of releasing that information is tantamount to treason.

Les
Old 11 April 2009, 07:35 AM
cster
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well, he is playing a high stakes game.
As a loser, he didn't get killed or anything, and I am certain he will get paid off more than anyone on here, so....
not to bothered I guess.
Old 11 April 2009, 08:54 AM
r32
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by cster
Well, he is playing a high stakes game.
As a loser, he didn't get killed or anything, and I am certain he will get paid off more than anyone on here, so....
not to bothered I guess.
Its not just an innocent mistake, the guy is / was a highly paid Police Officer he made a significant error that could have had dire consequences. Rightly so he's paid the price.

Any number of the press photographers would have had a copy of his documents.
Good riddance.
Old 11 April 2009, 09:54 AM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

Turns out that he is getting a very large pension with the option of a large lump sum if he wants, and he will of course get well paid sinecures as a retired senior copper. So not much pain involved!

If I had made a similar mistake when I was in the Service I would have been sacked and lost my pension!

Les
Old 11 April 2009, 02:08 PM
Timwinner
Scooby Regular

I honestly believe Bob Quick deserves his pension. He has worked his way from PC to where he was last week through hard work.
He was CC at Surrey when I did some work for them and he turned Surrey into the safest most crime free county in the country.
He built up was is believed to be one of the best training schools in the country, what is believed to be the best driving school in the country, Many forces still send the officers to Surrey to train to be Police driver trainers.

Towards the end he started to believe his own hype a bit and he moved to london for the big job. He made 1 mistake that in reality was stupid but not life threatening (if you read what was on the paper you will see what I mean) and he Held his head high, sucked it up, admitted mistake and quit.

His pension is no better than that of any other high ranking officer, and he deserves it no less.
Old 11 April 2009, 02:20 PM
Rudolph Hooker
Scooby Regular

Yes he's probably done some good police work one day while he was there ..
Old 12 April 2009, 11:08 AM
hodgy0_2
Scooby Regular

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

Nick Faldo knows all about this, after his was caught with his Ryder Cup sandwich list