Notices
Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

CopsWith Cameras (whoalwayscallscumbags 'mate')

Search this Thread

Old 31 March 2009, 09:14 PM
Diesel
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default CopsWith Cameras (whoalwayscallscumbags 'mate')

Why do they do that? I heard 'pal', buddy, 'mate' all within one minute for a no-mark scumbag, whose house that the law had just battered into. Don't know how they expect respect/professional distance when you they are so graspingly immediately over-familiar, esp with lowlife...

Also most of the collared ones in this prog GOT OFF...!!! Machete in the house and cannabis plants? (not that weed remotely bothers me). This ALL INDEPENDENTLY CAUGHT ON CAMERA and it gets dropped... I think this is a common theme via the 'finish at 4 on a Friday' CPS - time for coppers to get well vocal not stunningly mute yet thoroughly disillusioned?

D
Old 31 March 2009, 09:16 PM
RyanSTI
Scooby Regular

there scared of the crims, they have no power anymore to give them a good shoeing before taking them back to the station
Old 31 March 2009, 09:21 PM
skid11
Scooby Regular

And the cannabis "factory"??
One dead plant in an airing cupboard!!Could be the recession?
Old 31 March 2009, 09:28 PM
Diesel
Scooby Regular

Yeah - they even called the dead plant 'bud'
Old 31 March 2009, 09:58 PM
boomer
Scooby Senior

Tonight i thought that i would give CWC another chance, after quitting a couple of episodes into the last series.

Tonight i gave up halfway through

Just about every "scene" was repeated half a dozen times. We saw them battering down the first door in all of the previews, then at the start of the programme, then when they actually battered it down, then shortly after to remind us of why they were in the house, then immediately after the ad break in case some new viewers joined, then a bit later to show us how a door can be battered down etc etc etc.

I dread to think what kind of people edit/produce these programmes, but they must either be on speed or are trying to fit in "blip-verts" every thirty seconds for when the series appears on "Dave" or whatever.

10 minutes worth of content stretched out to 40 minutes (with 20 more of adverts).

mb
Old 31 March 2009, 10:11 PM
_Meridian_
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think your answer is in the title: "cops with cameras". I suspect they're a lot less friendly at other times.

M
Old 31 March 2009, 10:11 PM
Diesel
Scooby Regular

That is true mate. Good material is scarce, and, in the words of a very large American producer I worked with once: 'tell me; tell me again then tell me what you told me'! No excuse though - just shoot some b more! D
Old 01 April 2009, 07:10 AM
cster
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by _Meridian_
I think your answer is in the title: "cops with cameras". I suspect they're a lot less friendly at other times.

M
I can't get this hyperlink to work
Anyway, as long as they don't start calling everyone "Luv" like they in Corry St.

Last edited by cster; 01 April 2009 at 07:12 AM.
Old 01 April 2009, 08:56 AM
Diesel
Scooby Regular

PMSL

Or 'lover' as they do in the South West!

"GET IN THE BACK OF THE VAN, ME LOVER"

D
Old 01 April 2009, 10:50 AM
Timwinner
Scooby Regular

At the time of arrest you have to assume innocent until proven guilty, I am not sure if there is anything to gain by kicking in a door and shouting "shut up you piece of scum". I know and you know and the police know that most of them are as guilty as sin but innocent until proven guilty is the fabric of the legal system.

Plus if I was out and mistaken for someone that had beaten someone up for example and the police grabbed me and started calling me scum etc I think I would feel pretty hard done by.

You couldnt be more right about CPS though, They give a lot of police a bad name. Unless you watch law and order uk where they go out and investigate.
Old 01 April 2009, 11:09 AM
Felix.
Scooby Regular

Received 17 Likes on 8 Posts

If you try and be at least civil with them, they can make things a lot easier for everyone. If they have been alright with you, then there is no need to be arsey with them. They can drop names and a lot of people in the clarts if they think you are 'alright'.

Most of my info comes from people who i have had through the system and I've kept a civil tongue in my head with
Old 01 April 2009, 03:35 PM
Diesel
Scooby Regular

Felix, I get civil, mate. But I think an excess of over familiarity may not be the best thing? Clearly the other extreme of 'scumbag/lowlife/bottom feeder' isnt professional either and WOULD be counter productive.

Is it taught? I.e. if you say 'put the knife down mate', rather than 'put the knife down' is it likely to help defuse the situation?

Not sure why this bugs me so much, but it does! Someone crashes a car after a chase and they call him MATE!

D
Old 01 April 2009, 05:08 PM
Timwinner
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Diesel
Felix, I get civil, mate. But I think an excess of over familiarity may not be the best thing? Clearly the other extreme of 'scumbag/lowlife/bottom feeder' isnt professional either and WOULD be counter productive.

Is it taught? I.e. if you say 'put the knife down mate', rather than 'put the knife down' is it likely to help defuse the situation?

Not sure why this bugs me so much, but it does! Someone crashes a car after a chase and they call him MATE!

D
You get taught that "my attitude effects your attitude effcts my behavior effects your behavior effects"

If you can make them feel its a less stressfull situation then you have more chance of a peaceful arrest.
Old 06 April 2009, 09:26 PM
Diesel
Scooby Regular

Liking 'Traffic Cops'on BBC1 at the mo' (21:20 6/4). Cardiff cops say 'wind yer neck in ....mate'. At least its progress in 'professional distance' regarding uninsured, un licensed chavvies!!!!

Last edited by Diesel; 06 April 2009 at 09:29 PM.
Old 06 April 2009, 09:31 PM
ScoobyDriverWannabe
Scooby Regular

This traffic cops is good

Especially with that stolen black astra they found parked up.
Old 06 April 2009, 09:55 PM
Torquemada
Scooby Regular

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

I'm watching Traffic Cops too, good episode tonight.