BANNED

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Heres a good Medium

YouTube - Mary Loves Dick - Most Haunted
Old 27 March 2009, 10:22 PM
stevebt
Scooby Regular

Received 33 Likes on 19 Posts

I was in a pub when I girl I knew started telling me about how she is a medium I just agree and wish she would hurry up and leave. She did leave and left her handbag, a few minutes later she comes into the pub and tries to acuse me of stealing her bag???? Surely if she was a medium she would of knew she left it
Old 27 March 2009, 10:32 PM
njkmrs
Scooby Regular

I was going to go and see a Clairvoyant once but the show was cancelled due to unforseen circumstances !!!!!!!

In response to your question ,I would save your money ,I think they talk utter "Horsesh1t !!".
And it may leave you with nagging thoughts for the rest of your life .Steer Clear .
Old 27 March 2009, 10:34 PM
Kieran_Burns
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Go with an open mind. 99% of these people really are charlatans and will attempt to elicit information surreptitiously from you.

If you're switched on enough you can lay a false trail and listen to them make complete pratts of themselves.

However, if they are genuine you may be surprised.

I would always say: adopt the Scientific approach and be skeptical but open minded
Old 27 March 2009, 10:35 PM
boxst
Scooby Regular

Most of them are complete idiots out to con and those who are not believe in their heart what they are saying, but are still talking rubbish.

A friend of mine (a relatively well known magician) spends quite a bit of his life exposing mediums by copying their tricks to show how it can be done relatively easily.

The people I REALLY hate are the ones who claim to cure diseases and take people's money along with their hope and occasionally their life.

Steve
Old 28 March 2009, 12:12 AM
fatherpierre
Scooby Regular

Just go with the view of it being entertainment, if that's your thing.

They're just magicians that do tricks; but with your mind and emotions.
Old 28 March 2009, 09:48 AM
dpb
Scooby Regular

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

you could be dragged off to Church every Sundy morning .......
Old 28 March 2009, 10:08 AM
billythekid
Scooby Regular

A lot of them use statistics and body language, and its quite easy to get a positive hit on something when you have a few people sat infront of you.

Most people who go will "want" to hear something anyway, so they will latch onto something and as soon as the person doing the "reading" sees this reaction they will jump on it.

If you listen to what they say its all so open its going to apply to a lot of people, then they will concentrate on the people who respond.

If someone said to me they have a message from someone who is dead I would simply ask, they need to prove it, so tell me where they were born.... or what was their wifes name... something like that. They will never be able to give this specific info... because its all bollocks.

HTH
Old 28 March 2009, 12:27 PM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

Big risk of being severely conned I reckon. Many have come to grief by getting involved with that sort of thing too.

Les
Old 28 March 2009, 12:33 PM
Scoobychick
Scooby Regular

I went to see one when I was young and impressionable and she told me I was going to marry a tall, fair haired man. That was nearly 30 years ago and I'm now 45 and still single
Old 28 March 2009, 01:15 PM
Will
BANNED

Originally Posted by Scoobychick
I'm now 45 and still single
You dont look like a day over 30

Old 28 March 2009, 01:57 PM
warrenm2
Scooby Regular

They use a technique called cold reading. See Kenton Knepper - Completely Cold or Ian Rowlands - Full Facts Book of Cold Reading on how its done

The Full Facts Book of Cold Reading: A Comprehensive Guide to the Most Persuasive Psychological Manipulation Technique in the World: Amazon.co.uk: Ian Rowland: Books

Last edited by warrenm2; 28 March 2009 at 01:59 PM.
Old 28 March 2009, 03:30 PM
The Chief
Scooby Regular

As above 99% are frauds, tell them nothing, take your ring off etc. dont give anything away.

Those on TV making big bucks go to acting school - i'll say no more.
Old 28 March 2009, 04:09 PM
JRFRACE
Scooby Regular

My sister and her friend went to one of these, and amongst other things he correctly identified my sisters friend had a miscarrige when she was younger, and the age she had it at

Personally i think he'd done research on them before they went
Old 28 March 2009, 05:10 PM
finalzero
Scooby Regular

It's all bollox, they just learn how to ask the right questions and do their homework...

As a test you should go to one of these folks "Can you read minds... what am I thinking right now?"
"I'll give you a clue, the first word begins with Y and the second word begins with C... and all the letters are in capitals"
Old 28 March 2009, 05:27 PM
Tiggs
Scooby Regular

are all those saying things like "99% of them" and "most of them" seriously suggesting that 1% are real??????

it is 100% tosh...none of them are real!
Old 28 March 2009, 05:39 PM
Julio Jordio
Scooby Regular

I had this couple of months back funny enough and the reverberations have only just stopped......

Things had been a bit rocky between me and Chelle (Missus), and completely out the blue one day she told me she was thinking of going to see medium. A woman who she had met at work (She is a Beauty Therapist) had seen this medium and really rated her and gave her her number.

I had no problem at all with it, and said if she wanted to that was her desicion but not to expect much from it. I think there ARE people who are genuinely "gifted" so to speak, But as mentioned, some are not, they do read you, they have techniques and some should wear balaclava's. So....

I didnt hear anything else at all for 3 weeks, when one night she said she was popping to her mums and would be back in a couple of hours. I thought nothng of it and stuck a film on. Two hours later, she is through the front door in absolute fits of tears, completely hysterical. After much calming down, she began to tell me what had been said. The medium had made her promise not to tell me she was going, as initially I wanted to go together. So popping to mums was a cover story.

Apparently, this medium had told her that I was basically cheating with a friend I have had since I was 14 years old (who i see and speak with very infrequently - twice a year last year) and her suspicions of this were correct (The friend is very pretty, and an Ex to boot) I was completely into other girls and would chat anything up in a skirt if i had the opportunity and thought I could get away with it. I was a complete pig, that I controlled and manipulated her, and that I had a temper and to watch it as I could become violent towards her.

To top it off, she also told her that I and my mum FORCED an ex girlfriend from 6-7 years ago to abort my baby, because I didnt want to be a father at 18, and that If she ever fell pregnant she Implied I would do the same again to her. When in truth, that girl couldnt tell her parents she was pregnant because she was so scared of their response (she was a year younger than me so 17 at the time and they were Roman Catholics.) and my mum completely looked after her and they are still the best of friends to this day.

So yes she was right in the fact I'd had the above happen, but as described, not her version.

That visit caused me such a huge amount of grief, I had a real hard time keeping my cool about this woman who had never even met me, yet gave such a bad impression to the missus about what i was supposedly "truly like". My Girlfriend was basically convinced by her, and it took a fair while before she stopped thinking about the things this woman had said.

To give you an idea why It wound me up so much was that I couldnt manipulate a woman if I tried. I was brought up by my mum as a single parent, and she's the strongest woman i've ever met. I could never lay a finger on a womans head, and never have, even when they have been trying to tear bits off me, I just couldnt ever do it, I have WAY to much respect for women to ever do anything like that. Respect for women was bloody DRILLED into me as a kid and a young man. So for this medium to tell her this made my blood boil. That and the cheating, I have never cheated in my life, I dont agree with it, If your not happy, Leave, dont break someones heart and do it the ****ty way, be a man about it.

So.... my advice, be on your guard pal! I wished she'd never gone, and even now if we argue something this bint said will be thrown out.
Old 28 March 2009, 05:52 PM
what would scooby do
Scooby Senior

100% fake money grabbing ****** that prey on the hard of thinking

hope that helps
Old 28 March 2009, 08:11 PM
finalzero
Scooby Regular

in the current troubled climate they must be making a mint lol
Old 28 March 2009, 08:37 PM
warrenm2
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by what would scooby do
100% fake money grabbing ****** that prey on the hard of thinking
What he said! ^^
Old 28 March 2009, 09:19 PM
Nurse Gladys
Scooby Regular

Location: Daily drive is a Scoob again - just what it should be!

Right, I will probably regret this, but here goes.............

Yes, there are an awful lot of fake, money grabbing scammers out there, but there are also some very genuine ones too. Only ever go to one on recommendation.

I think there is also a lot of confussion about mediums and clairvoiants. A medium makes contact with spirit (not of the alcholic type) and a clairvoiant can 'see' the future / past.

They are two very different things.

I believe the OP stated his girlfriend wanted to see a medium.

These can be very reassuring, comforting and very, very rarely, if ever, have I heard one say anything a loved one wouldn't want to hear.

I started going to see mediums several years ago, with a group of friends - we used to go for a laugh, until one night a very close friend of mine who had lost her mother very sudddenly, turned up. Somehow it brought us down to earth - it wasn't funny anymore.

This was only a small local group, about 25 people, with three unknown mediums. They all 'picked up' on my father in law, who had died about 10 months before, and yes, there were things they said that anyone could make fit a situation, however there were many, many things they said that no one else in the room knew.

For example, the funeral was in November however they told me there was a butterfly in the church & it was for my daughter (my little girl was only about 6 at the time & dotted on her Grandad - she saw a butterfly in the church and pointed it out to me - it kept circling over her & the coffin.)

I now go to see both unknown & some very well known mediums and have mixed feelings about alot of what has been said, however I do believe that there are some gifted people out there.

As for clairvoiants, and telling what people on this side of life are up to, or telling you your fortune, I think you are better of with a private detective - I have always felt this since seeing a clairvoiants hut burn down in Blackpool - if she could see into the future......................

Okay, that's my opinion, let the pi$$ take begin, oh and for good measure, Yes, I do believe in ghosts.....
Old 29 March 2009, 01:45 AM
Lee247
SN Fairy Godmother

mmm, the jury is out on this one.

I have never been to a Medium, but have met one off chance. And, she did say some very strange things that no one else could have known
Old 29 March 2009, 02:26 AM
ScoobyWon't
Scooby Regular

I used to be a medium.

Then I piled on the weight
Old 29 March 2009, 02:29 AM
ScoobyWon't
Scooby Regular

I went to see one when I was young and impressionable and she told me I was going to marry a tall, fair haired man. That was nearly 30 years ago and I'm now 45 and still single
Sal, you know how I love you - it's for one reason.

'cos you make me feel young
Old 29 March 2009, 02:47 AM
delcbr
Scooby Regular

i seen one when i had my renault 5gtturbo and she told "me my front left light wasnt working which wasnt the bulb but to do with the wiring with a black box under the bonnet."
and i never had my lights on when i turned up at hers as it was daylight!!!!!!

previous to the visit a few weeks before i was checking this on my car and it was my side light which wasnt working and i replaced the bulb and it still wasnts working so i knew it was down to the wiring so traced the wiring back to said black box but didint persue it any further then i visited her one day and thats what she told me lol

also she laughed (as if being told by spirits then said ok il ask him)then said hows your fanbelt? and i said aye that snapped just recently!!!!
then when the visit was over i was fdoing the dishes in my house then it dawned on me that she said goodbye followed by name but didint realise that i never told her my name!!!!

or maybe she clocked my car outside typed in gtturbo on google and seen the list of parts which **** up then thought il have a field day with him lol!!!!!!
so what do you think of that?

then i started a new job as an engineer and i hated it especially my foreman was a real *****!!he used to be in the navy then came back to this engineering company then ran it like a military manner you couldnt chat to anyone anyway you get the idea his names steph so she asks me who steph is iam like i dont know then she says he was in the navy when he was younger iam like now i know who your talking about then she says aye well hes got problems with his prostate he getting it checked out i was gonna freak the tosser out one day and ask him how his prostate was but left the **** hole soon after as i had enough.
so she asks me another name this time a womens name i said iam not sure then she describes her personality says she very witty a good laugh good looking iam like thats the directors P.A. so was impressed with that lot i told you.

they can tell you when you were born and what your name is and what your mum and dads name are etc
the disapointing bit is they will ask you whos the taurus or the aquarius is and you just dont have the fogiest idea. and other times they would say a name to go with the starsign then would describe them down to a tee but not telling you anything about them iam thinking "yea and what about them?" their good at bringing up peoples names and star signs but have very little to say about them so i questioned her on this and she said it was none of my business lol

personally i think they know some things about you then make the rest up.
Margaret Solis // CLAIRVOYANT AND PSYCHIC

ive seen 3 different ones in my life another one i visited was a very old man in his 80's but very picky over who he reads only asks to see physcic people so was asked this and i said no but he said it was ok. he used rune stones such as the ones in the inside of "the hobbit" book and was very specific about everything he said and was over quite quickly as a result.
but the think which amazed me was he asked me to write down two peoples names that i wanted to know about on a small piece of paper whilst he was stood at the other end of the room facing the door he came back lit a small fire and burned the paper without opening or looking at it now if he mentioned the two names i woud think it was some sort of trick bu the fact that he described them and their personlaity and traits really amazed me!!! the first thing he said to me was that i had an unusual birthdate similar to his now i he hasnt seen it written down or said what iw was yet and would get to that later so when he does he writes down his then performs a quick calculation to show 7777's and that its very unusual he writes down my normal birthdate and performs the same calculation with subtracts and adds with the given numbers to give a 6969!!
which is an ambigram!!he says people with odd birthdates mean their usually gifted in someway ahh i said that explains the 9 inches! i cant remember how you do it but was quite clever. he also said that hes never had a dream in his whole life which was odd.
it was only £30.so not much to lose for a bit of entertainement.
i think most of what he told me which was specific was a load of pish but it was entertaining and interesting.
his name was Henderson Lynn and is who margaret solis above seeked guidance from.

from all them experiences it leaves you with more questions than answers to be honest.
the margaret solis one you get to ask three questions at the end and what you do is pick a tarot card face down ask the question before turning it over she will give you the answer first then you turn the card over and she tells you what the card means to back up her answer.something like that anyway as i havent been in years now and iam not looking to go back either.
another thing they do is with your birthdate again they can do another calculation which shows when you meet and marry and how many kids youl have as i said interestiung and entertaining but i have my doubts.

Last edited by delcbr; 29 March 2009 at 03:07 AM.
Old 29 March 2009, 07:20 AM
DYK
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Maybe it's all that Nobbering about,besides age really is just a number
Old 29 March 2009, 06:15 PM
Nurse Gladys
Scooby Regular

Location: Daily drive is a Scoob again - just what it should be!

Ah, but Sal, you don't say that she told you WHEN you would marry a tall, fair haired man.................

Quick Reply: Mediums