Notices
Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

"Dirty bomb" terrorist threat real?

Search this Thread

Old 26 March 2009, 12:33 AM
jonc
Scooby Regular

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
Default "Dirty bomb" terrorist threat real?

So Jacqui Smith is now saying the British public is now under a great threat of terrorists using a "dirty bomb" or is it more spin from the Government. Funnily the fear of terrorist attacks has come round again to perhaps divert attention from:

* the hypocrisy of criticizing bonus culture when MPs make questionable expense claims at great cost to the tax payer

* the failing economic policy and split in the economy between Brown and the Bank of England and the EU

* the recession and the doom and gloom financial crisis

* the up and coming G20 protests

* rising unemployment to over 2 million

* rising inflation and the shrinking economy

* MP sex scandal in the Commons

* introduction of ID cards in the Autumn

* the national debt to rise to over £1 trillion.

* the new unaffordable fiscal stimulus policy

* the failure of government bonds

* the devaluing of the pound

* the inquiry into the invasion of Iraq

* the Government monitoring of social networking sites

* UK forces to stay in Afghanistan

* the illegal Government databases
Old 26 March 2009, 12:42 AM
Tam the bam
R.I.P.

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think the biggest threat we have is from our own unelected PM an his shower of wankstains, I wouldn't believe anything coming out of their mouths, they are a shower of lying, underhanded money thieving b@stards! That's me being polite about the ****s!!
Old 26 March 2009, 12:45 AM
jonc
Scooby Regular

...who also have a nice fat guaranteed pension funded by the taxpayer..
Old 26 March 2009, 01:11 AM
ScoobyWon't
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by jonc

Please make these national riots - I could do with the overtime.
Old 26 March 2009, 01:26 AM
mykp
Scooby Regular

makes you wonder why this has been wheeled out now just before the g20 conference doesnt it!
Old 26 March 2009, 09:25 AM
jasey
Scooby Senior

G20 Leaders in London.

Dirty Bomb Threat.

Sounds like a solution rather than a problem to be honest
Old 26 March 2009, 09:59 AM
MJW
Scooby Senior

Most of the 'terrorists' arrested by police these days wouldn't have the gumption to assemble any sort of bomb, let alone a 'dirty' bomb. They post anti-western messages on internet sites and browse the anarchist's cookbook, but as for being mass killers I doubt it. It's all a smokescreen to keep the population in fear.
Old 26 March 2009, 11:13 AM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Tam the bam
I think the biggest threat we have is from our own unelected PM an his shower of wankstains, I wouldn't believe anything coming out of their mouths, they are a shower of lying, underhanded money thieving b@stards! That's me being polite about the ****s!!
Why bother to be polite about the pigs in the trough?

Les
Old 26 March 2009, 11:15 AM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by MJW
Most of the 'terrorists' arrested by police these days wouldn't have the gumption to assemble any sort of bomb, let alone a 'dirty' bomb. They post anti-western messages on internet sites and browse the anarchist's cookbook, but as for being mass killers I doubt it. It's all a smokescreen to keep the population in fear.
I would not feel that easy in my mind about it I'm afraid.

Les
Old 26 March 2009, 11:39 AM
MJW
Scooby Senior

Originally Posted by Leslie
I would not feel that easy in my mind about it I'm afraid.

Les
Then the propaganda machine is working ...

I'm in contact with people who work in counter-terrorism and the people they're asked to watch & bust are not exactly the sharpest tools in the box.
Old 26 March 2009, 11:56 AM
Martin2005
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by jonc
So Jacqui Smith is now saying the British public is now under a great threat of terrorists using a "dirty bomb" or is it more spin from the Government. Funnily the fear of terrorist attacks has come round again to perhaps divert attention from:

* the hypocrisy of criticizing bonus culture when MPs make questionable expense claims at great cost to the tax payer

* the failing economic policy and split in the economy between Brown and the Bank of England and the EU

* the recession and the doom and gloom financial crisis

* rising unemployment to over 2 million

* rising inflation and the shrinking economy

* MP sex scandal in the Commons

* introduction of ID cards in the Autumn

* the national debt to rise to over £1 trillion.

* the new unaffordable fiscal stimulus policy

* the failure of government bonds

* the devaluing of the pound

* the inquiry into the invasion of Iraq

* the Government monitoring of social networking sites

* UK forces to stay in Afghanistan

* the illegal Government databases
So have we all been distracted from these issue....no of course not!!

If you don't feel that terrorism is a major threat then you've been living under a rock for the past 10 years
Old 26 March 2009, 12:00 PM
jonc
Scooby Regular

Problem is they didn't spot/stop the July 7th bombers.....

If you look back at past headlines, the terrorism threat is always brought up when the Government has something to hide or need to bury bad news or shift blame for something.
Old 26 March 2009, 12:01 PM
unclebuck
Scooby Regular

Thumbs down

"So Jacqui Smith is now saying "

That theiving lying pig has been trying this bullsh*t on ever since it became a 'minister'.

Britain faces threat of dirty bomb attack at Christmas, Home Secretary warns | Mail Online
Old 26 March 2009, 12:18 PM
[-(o)-]
Scooby Regular

Sadly the greatest threat this country faces (and has done for some time) is from our own Prime Menace-ster...

And I've got to go to Heathrow next thursday when all the G20 lot arrive
Old 26 March 2009, 12:34 PM
Martin2005
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by hutton_d
It must be nice in your parallel universe .....

Dave
Not sure about 'parallel universes', but your posts on this subject have a hint of 'cloud cuckcoo land' about them.

Presumably you believe 9-11 was carried out by the US government then? The 7-7 attacks in London where planned and executed by MI5??

How about Bali, Mumbai, Kenya, Madrid etc?

You see in my 'parallel universe' these things happened, and there is a genuine terrorist threat out there.

In cloud cuckoo land of course things are much simplier, you just look at who the message is coming from then decide whether to support it or attack it. Obviously if it comes from the party you didn't vote for then it must all be lies, if it comes from a party you did vote for then it's OK and should be supported. LOL thats a pretty tragic and restrictive way of looking at things....not to mention intellectually bankrupt
Old 26 March 2009, 12:52 PM
tanyatriangles
Scooby Regular

Martin, I think you are missing the point, just for a change

No-one is saying that the terrorist attacks didn't happen, as you well know. What MOST folk are saying is that it's a VERY big coincidence that every time Labour have something they want to deflect public attention away from, out comes the "Terrorist threat"

Just out of interest, I saw the lying, thieving, piece of scum, Smith say on TV yesterday that they had "foiled 20 terrorist attacks since 7/7".

Funnily enough, and correct me if I'm wrong here, but I'd have thought that ANY terrorist plot foiled would be big enough news so that the media would be having a circus following the court case?

"Sorry", do I hear you say? "What court cases?"
Exactly.
Old 26 March 2009, 03:20 PM
finalzero
Scooby Regular

The 7-7 attacks in London where planned and executed by MI5??
Yes, I have a recording from the day after of a security firm who was working for the goverment during that week admitting they had been staging terror attack scenarios - on the fateful day they had carried out the exact same scenario as the tragic events that unfolded.

There are several videos out there to backup the facts (but getting harder to track em down).

As for the OP, good list mate, there are plenty of other things to add to that. In terms of a dirty bomb, highly unlikely and I am speaking with my Engineer/Scientist hat on because to get the right environment, resources and conditions would be a mammoth task and if it were to happen then someone with a lot of clout would have made it happen meaning someone becomes complicit.

My prediction for the next few months? Riots, lots of em both large and small that will happen all over the globe.

The media will not report the incidents as they will not be allowed to but as the news spreads through the internet the revolution will begin.

Like an infectious plague it will spread, ordinary people will start to become vocal after suffering endlessly through an economical nightmare (lack of prospects, financial troubles etc).

While all this is happening you have the militias who have been quietly arming themsleves, they will now see enough chaos going on to start taking control and enforcing their way on their respective communities and further afield.

Countries will go into marshall law because the goverment is unwilling to admit their faults and rectify the problems at hand.

This in-turn will create even more hostility where small scale malitia's will band together to revolt against the percieved tyranical threat that is the goverment.

To counter this the goverment will create another false flag op however due to the civil unrest, chaos and obvious public revolution taking place various leaders, banking elite and other leaders will be hunted down.

Other fanatical groups like the crackpot Ahmed Choudreys of the world will start to get more vocal bringing together even more fruitcakes.

In all this mess the bubbling racism, xenophobia and anti-religous pot will melt spilling the venom and hate into the wider social circles resulting in complete chaos as groups riot buring down streets, venting their racist, xenophobic and ideological hate on each other.

While 10% of the population sits on SNet debating about whats going on outside in a thread... lacking apostraphies and full-stops (the blasphemy!)
Old 26 March 2009, 03:50 PM
OllyK
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Martin2005
You see in my 'parallel universe' these things happened, and there is a genuine terrorist threat out there.
As they always have, it used to be the PIRA, now it's extremist muslims. Do I think there is more of a significant threat now than 20 years ago? Nope, not really.
Old 26 March 2009, 04:09 PM
ChrisGrant
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by finalzero
Yes, I have a recording from the day after of a security firm who was working for the goverment during that week admitting they had been staging terror attack scenarios - on the fateful day they had carried out the exact same scenario as the tragic events that unfolded.

There are several videos out there to backup the facts (but getting harder to track em down).

As for the OP, good list mate, there are plenty of other things to add to that. In terms of a dirty bomb, highly unlikely and I am speaking with my Engineer/Scientist hat on because to get the right environment, resources and conditions would be a mammoth task and if it were to happen then someone with a lot of clout would have made it happen meaning someone becomes complicit.

My prediction for the next few months? Riots, lots of em both large and small that will happen all over the globe.

The media will not report the incidents as they will not be allowed to but as the news spreads through the internet the revolution will begin.

Like an infectious plague it will spread, ordinary people will start to become vocal after suffering endlessly through an economical nightmare (lack of prospects, financial troubles etc).

While all this is happening you have the militias who have been quietly arming themsleves, they will now see enough chaos going on to start taking control and enforcing their way on their respective communities and further afield.

Countries will go into marshall law because the goverment is unwilling to admit their faults and rectify the problems at hand.

This in-turn will create even more hostility where small scale malitia's will band together to revolt against the percieved tyranical threat that is the goverment.

To counter this the goverment will create another false flag op however due to the civil unrest, chaos and obvious public revolution taking place various leaders, banking elite and other leaders will be hunted down.

Other fanatical groups like the crackpot Ahmed Choudreys of the world will start to get more vocal bringing together even more fruitcakes.

In all this mess the bubbling racism, xenophobia and anti-religous pot will melt spilling the venom and hate into the wider social circles resulting in complete chaos as groups riot buring down streets, venting their racist, xenophobic and ideological hate on each other.

While 10% of the population sits on SNet debating about whats going on outside in a thread... lacking apostraphies and full-stops (the blasphemy!)
Then 50 Years on the Starship Enterprise will stop a borg attack and help Zefran Cockring will launch his warp ship attract the Vulcan’s and they will come down and save us all!
Old 26 March 2009, 04:14 PM
EddScott
Scooby Regular

Received 64 Likes on 32 Posts

Not all dirty bombs are from the east!

Old 26 March 2009, 04:51 PM
Steve vRS
Scooby Regular

To quote Grand Moff Tarkin, "Fear will keep the systems in line, fear of this battle station."

In the real world, the threat is there, as was the cold war in the 70's and 80's. However, the government latch on to this threat to fulfill their own ends. Always have done and always will.

Steve
Old 26 March 2009, 05:20 PM
Martin2005
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by tanyatriangles
Martin, I think you are missing the point, just for a change

No-one is saying that the terrorist attacks didn't happen, as you well know. What MOST folk are saying is that it's a VERY big coincidence that every time Labour have something they want to deflect public attention away from, out comes the "Terrorist threat"

Just out of interest, I saw the lying, thieving, piece of scum, Smith say on TV yesterday that they had "foiled 20 terrorist attacks since 7/7".

Funnily enough, and correct me if I'm wrong here, but I'd have thought that ANY terrorist plot foiled would be big enough news so that the media would be having a circus following the court case?

"Sorry", do I hear you say? "What court cases?"
Exactly.
So 'I've missed the point' this warning was designed to distract us all from other issues...remind me again, just how distracted has everyone been by this?????

I dont have first hand knowledge of what court cases are in the system (only the high profile ones that have recently been in the news), and what terrorist plots have been disrupted, by the looks of it you do though!!!
Old 26 March 2009, 06:31 PM
Guv
Scooby Regular

Don't believe anything the government says anymore, after Tony Bloody Blair said that Saddam was ready to launch weapons of mass destruction at us from Iraq, and what tosh that was, do they really think we are that stupid/gullible.

It sad to think we live in society, where the government/MP's think that we will believe anything they say and and they use false 'terror' threat to cover their own faliures.

British people are not a dumb as 'New Labour' think we are, guess there just used to always dealing with the socail underclass.

I think we should more worried about how the goverment wants to monitor social networking sites and forums to monitor who our friends are and what we are discussing on the internet.
Old 26 March 2009, 06:51 PM
The Zohan
Scooby Regular

Based on this government's past form and also its ease of lying openly to the people who vote and live here it could be a ruse or to deflect attention from their other 'issues'

Lets hope and pray that this is not real and it is a smoke screen. There was a docu-drama on this very scenario some 24 months or so ago.

Dirty bombs themslevs not that dificult to construct with little know-how and lots of money and jihadi's trained who some of the right skills to construct one. You only need radioactive material (see Eastern Eurpoe and the old soviet union for supplies + also Iran could be happy to help in the fututtre?!?) something to contain it and a shed load of exxplosives. Heh presto. No clever triggers or precise mechanisms just a fecking big bang and force to spread the radioactivity.

If one does go off in London (for example) then people will dies, likely in their 1000's with the initial blast and then many, many more though radiation poisoning. In addition, big parts of the south will be closed for a long while, likely there will be financial meltdown, bankruptcy of the country (not far off at the minute anyhow) civil war and a lot of Asians all over the UK will loose their homes and in some cases their lives with the anti Muslim backlash. It will cause a lot of problems on top of the fallout and contamination.

I do hope this does not come to pass although like bio weapons it thought to be a matter of time when it will happen - not if it will happen.

On that happy note

Last edited by The Zohan; 26 March 2009 at 07:10 PM.
Old 26 March 2009, 06:52 PM
tanyatriangles
Scooby Regular

So 'I've missed the point' this warning was designed to distract us all from other issues...remind me again, just how distracted has everyone been by this?????
Seems to have worked with the media: full of Liar Smith's terrorist crap, nothing much about the above list...........

I dont have first hand knowledge of what court cases are in the system (only the high profile ones that have recently been in the news), and what terrorist plots have been disrupted, by the looks of it you do though!!!
There you go again, a bit of spin............YOU don't have knowledge, but because I mention them, I MUST have.

What nonsense. Read my post properly.........I asked WHY we have seen NOTHING of any high profile court cases? And they WOULD be high profile if we HAD "foiled 20 terrorist threats".

But no...........nothing. AFAIK, nowt, nada, zip.

So where ARE the cases, and more to the point, where ARE the reports??????? They can't ALL still be ongoing, and I REFUSE to believe a press moratorium.

It'd be on the net if nowt else
Old 26 March 2009, 08:44 PM
Martin2005
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by tanyatriangles
Seems to have worked with the media: full of Liar Smith's terrorist crap, nothing much about the above list...........

There you go again, a bit of spin............YOU don't have knowledge, but because I mention them, I MUST have.

What nonsense. Read my post properly.........I asked WHY we have seen NOTHING of any high profile court cases? And they WOULD be high profile if we HAD "foiled 20 terrorist threats".

But no...........nothing. AFAIK, nowt, nada, zip.

So where ARE the cases, and more to the point, where ARE the reports??????? They can't ALL still be ongoing, and I REFUSE to believe a press moratorium.

It'd be on the net if nowt else
Look I'm not trying to be clever here OK, but you make all kinds of accusations against people and have absolutley no evidence other than what you think, which is of course completely up to you.

There have been a few court cases most notably the Airliner plotters.

You have to ask yourself a couple of questions before making such claims though... firstly why lie about that, I mean really to what ends? I be really interested to read peoples views on that.
Secondly if this is all so obvious and we haven't really disrupted 20 plots, then why the hell are the opposition jumping up and down screaming blue murder?
Plus, you know the Home Office is a pretty big (and leaky) government department with 1000s of employess, there is not a snowball in hells chance of covering stuff like this up, it would leak very quickly.

So all I do is apply a logical train of thought to an issue and simply cannot come to the absolutist views that you come to. Doesn't mean you're wrong of course just means for me it doesn't pass the logical test.
Old 26 March 2009, 08:49 PM
Martin2005
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by OllyK
As they always have, it used to be the PIRA, now it's extremist muslims. Do I think there is more of a significant threat now than 20 years ago? Nope, not really.
Well in terms of methods and aims then they are a very much more significant threat.
Old 26 March 2009, 09:02 PM
The Zohan
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

Well in terms of methods and aims then they are a very much more significant threat.

Yup!

Quick Reply: "Dirty bomb" terrorist threat real?