Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Grizzly Man - Timothy Treadwell - Documentary

Search this Thread

Old 25 March 2009, 11:54 AM
scoober101
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Grizzly Man - Timothy Treadwell - Documentary

Anyone see it last night on Channel 4 or More 4 I think it was?

Timothy Treadwell = what a nut job! Why am I not suprised he got devoured by a Bear eventually!

See the Autopsy man agree's with me!

Last edited by scoober101; 25 March 2009 at 11:55 AM.
Old 25 March 2009, 12:01 PM
richiewong
Twatful

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Saw this advertised sometime back on Sky, following that made it clear that it would be one programme I would never watch.

Sound like he was uber passionate about his 'cause' but yes a wee bit obsessed and no surprise that a bear ate him in the end.
Daft ****!
Old 25 March 2009, 12:06 PM
davegtt
Scooby Senior

Really wanted to watch this, think I'll be looking for it on the watch again web site as I missed it
Old 25 March 2009, 12:49 PM
Markus
Scooby Regular

I saw it a while ago. It's people like Tim that do annoy me. Yes, it's very good of you to want to protect bears, however, you do NOT know them, you are not an effing Bear, they ARE wild animals who tolerate you, and at some point, they might, as they do with their ursine companions, decide to attack you, and in a man vs grizzly stand-off, you will lose (well unless you're armed that is. Unarmed - no pun intended - you're stuffed).

From what I remember, he'd been warned by the park rangers and others that he was tempting fate. I seem to recall the rangers didn't like him too much.

The really sad thing is that his girlfriend wound up getting killed as well as him.

One quick question to anyone who saw the program. Did they include the interview Tim had on the Letterman Show? I know it's sometimes not included, probably due to Letterman commenting to Tim in a joking manner "You're going to end up being eaten by a Bear".
Old 25 March 2009, 01:32 PM
New_scooby_04

Whilst I respect Tim's motives, I do think he was a bit on the reckless side and paid for it.

I think there's is the better approach: save orphaned bears, raise them with humans, use them to raise awareness and respect for wild bears and funds to ensure their preservation in the wild!

YouTube - The Legacy of Bart the Bear

Be warned, it'll leave a lump in your throat!

The footage at the end is perhaps the most lovely footage I have ever seen on a wildlife documentary.

Last edited by New_scooby_04; 25 March 2009 at 01:33 PM.
Old 25 March 2009, 09:53 PM
M444GY
Former Sponsor

Location: MSOCs tyre and ROTA wheel dealer .Ruisliptyres@gmail.com

he was a nutbag 100% . you cant mess with animals like that , dogs can turn on you ffs after years of loyalty its just a thing that animals do let alone a big fooking bear .
Old 26 March 2009, 09:35 AM
marshalkent
Scooby Regular

I thought the film was amazing for what it revealed about the man. Clearly a disturbed man. I think he lost touch with reality in the end, all that commando stuff! Hertzogs technique was very good. I have never really thought about how a documentary is put together before. My main motive for watching was my passion for Richard Thompson. The film "On the Edge" that followed, filming the recording of the soundtrack was a real treat. For those of you who don't know him, try this link to one of his best known songs. YouTube - Richard Thompson - 1952 Vincent Black Lightning
Old 26 March 2009, 01:38 PM
richieh
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by New_scooby_04
Whilst I respect Tim's motives, I do think he was a bit on the reckless side and paid for it.

I think there's is the better approach: save orphaned bears, raise them with humans, use them to raise awareness and respect for wild bears and funds to ensure their preservation in the wild!

YouTube - The Legacy of Bart the Bear

Be warned, it'll leave a lump in your throat!

The footage at the end is perhaps the most lovely footage I have ever seen on a wildlife documentary.
Just got round to watching that-not often i can say i am jealous of someone but in this case i am(the guy that interacts with the bear not ns04)
Cracking story-Its hard to imagine what it must be like to be 'friends' with something so powerful and magnificent that actually wants to be friends with you too
thanks for the link
cheers richie(with a very lumpy throat)