Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Anyone in Bradford?

Search this Thread

Old 02 March 2009, 05:21 PM
MattW
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone in Bradford?

Know these guys? Auto Prestige House, West Yorkshire, Bradford, Used Cars West Yorkshire

Good rep or steer clear?
Old 02 March 2009, 07:01 PM
eggy790
Scooby Regular

my mate has a garage round the corner from them

never had any bad words about the guy.. hes been open for about 2.5 byears

mate does mots and normally asks about a car when they look in good condition and he said a few of them have said theyve been bought from him, no bad words but according to my mate.
Old 03 March 2009, 11:24 AM
eggy790
Scooby Regular

just spoke with another mate who says they dodgy in the sense of young asians , dunno how they could afford the garage... doesnt know the condition of the cars though
Old 03 March 2009, 12:24 PM
MattW
Scooby Regular

Thanks eggy, and those who pm'd me offline.
Old 03 March 2009, 01:17 PM
Dedrater
Scooby Regular

Its in Bradford?! I would rather buy a car in Nigeria via Western Union money transfer.
Old 03 March 2009, 01:37 PM
austinwrx
Scooby Regular

I am and I wouldn't go near any of those cars. Chances are the Police will have any ex motor from there tagged as used in drugs or criminal pursuits.

If you look at the general age/profile of drivers of those motors in Bradford, no way are they bought through legitimate earnings. You see £50K range rovers, Bmws etc parked up outside £90k terraced houses.

Put it like this, when I wanted a subaru- i bought through a main dealer in Bradford, as no way would I buy such a type of car privately from a Bradford citizen. God knows what'll be tucked under the carpets etc.
Old 03 March 2009, 01:57 PM
MattW
Scooby Regular

lol I spok to the guy the other day and he sounded genuine, had a broad yorkshire accent
Old 03 March 2009, 02:01 PM
Turbohot
Scooby Regular

On the subject of dodgy motor sales, I bought a car once from Rochdale. it was advertised in Autotrader online. When I went to check it out, they didn't even have a garage or a yard to display their cars, they were parked right opposite to their hardware shop. Quite casually, they just gave me the key to take the car for a test drive. I found that the steering wheel was on the p!ss, and the clutch was juddering I asked the guys to get it all fixed before I even had contemplated buying it. I was very concerned on the way back; thinking what a waste of time for a dodgy motor! Anyway, I did AAcheck on the car, it was fine. Those guys fixed the car, came all the way from Rochdale to North Wales on their own expense to drop it off, they even bought me some Rasmalai from Rochdale (I paid extra for it), as we don't get it here in North Wales. They were 100% genuine, and very nice guys. I felt really bad thinking that they were dodgy. Therefore we shouldn't stereotype, and right the options off straight away. Even then, we should always be vigilant of what we get into. Bradford has gained itself a bad reputation with car crimes. Be very vigilant doing any deals with the businessmen over there IMO.
Old 03 March 2009, 02:14 PM
davegtt
Scooby Senior

Originally Posted by Dedrater
Its in Bradford?! I would rather buy a car in Nigeria via Western Union money transfer.
Old 03 March 2009, 02:18 PM
finalzero
Scooby Regular

yeah gotta watch out for those 'asian' people, they are dodgey right.... ****
Old 03 March 2009, 02:22 PM
davegtt
Scooby Senior

Originally Posted by finalzero
Who's that aimed at?
Old 03 March 2009, 02:41 PM
eggy790
Scooby Regular

final zero.. if aimed at me .. im an asian and im born and bread in bradford...
Old 03 March 2009, 02:45 PM
Turbohot
Scooby Regular

I am Asian too (just in case.................. you never know). I was born and bred in Asia. Getting souped in GB now
Old 03 March 2009, 02:45 PM
EddScott
Scooby Regular

Received 64 Likes on 32 Posts

Anyone who stereo types asians as being dodgy car dealers. Problem is, all the import places I went to in Bradford were owned by asian people. Another problem was that there were faults with nearly every car I viewed - and I mean accident damage fault.

However I also went to two dealers in Pontefract who were white and both the P1s they had for sale were dodgy too although they weren't import dealers as such.

Be it white, black, yellow or purple, if the advert says Yorkshire I tend not to bother. Should upset everyone with the last one.
Old 03 March 2009, 03:50 PM
eggy790
Scooby Regular

lol at above..

i think with bradford asians everyone knows everyone.. so its not hard after asking around to see what others are up too i kinda kept it general but the second post where i said i spoke to another mate was actually one of the owners relatives reply lol distant relative but still related
Old 03 March 2009, 08:38 PM
jonny_693
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by EddScott

Be it white, black, yellow or purple, if the advert says Yorkshire I tend not to bother. Should upset everyone with the last one.
Good call, right dodgy b@stards those yorkshire folk.
Old 03 March 2009, 08:59 PM
finalzero
Scooby Regular

Yeah true dat... nah I was bit vexed at someone at work - I know what it's like up there, I got family there and some reputations are not far from the truth.

I had a look at that garage you're on about as I was actually interested in the Yellow Audi RS4 (lol me and yellow cars). But for some reason I get the feeling the car is not 100% so gonna get my cuzzy to take a look at it as he lives round the corner from there.

I think they could be legitimate dealers, no reason to think why there can't be one genuine vehicle garage (WRC Bradford have a solid rep etc).

Last edited by finalzero; 03 March 2009 at 09:00 PM.
Old 03 March 2009, 10:19 PM
MattW
Scooby Regular

Yeah true dat... nah I was bit vexed at someone at work - I know what it's like up there, I got family there and some reputations are not far from the truth.

I had a look at that garage you're on about as I was actually interested in the Yellow Audi RS4 (lol me and yellow cars). But for some reason I get the feeling the car is not 100% so gonna get my cuzzy to take a look at it as he lives round the corner from there.

I think they could be legitimate dealers, no reason to think why there can't be one genuine vehicle garage (WRC Bradford have a solid rep etc).
RS4 too, but the red one, very cheap, maybe too cheap. but then it is red
Old 04 March 2009, 08:42 AM
austinwrx
Scooby Regular

unless you live in Bradford- I don't think anyone has a clear comprehension of just how horrifically and violently these- atypical cars, sold at this garage- and all the others in Bradford, are driven by the local yoof.

honestly you see the same pimped up ****e, driving round, day after day- with 7 stone gaunt looking ******** gunning them everywhere they go

the stresses and hammer the engines/suspension etc must take must be incredible.

might be cheap- but what a risk. you need rac inspections, warrenties sorting, HP checks are an absolute must.

The police in Bradford have seized cars like this to the value of about £500k in the last month or so on drug/money laundrying busts etc....... I'd be really worried about the source of their stock.
Old 04 March 2009, 09:18 AM
EddScott
Scooby Regular

Received 64 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by austinwrx
suspension
The roads in Pontefract are shocking. With aftermarket import suspension being as rock hard as it is I would not be surprised to see huge amounts of strut damage and turret warping on the cars.
Old 04 March 2009, 03:24 PM
austinwrx
Scooby Regular

too true, red lights and speed humps do nothing to slow the ******* down.
Old 04 March 2009, 06:29 PM
jonny_693
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by EddScott
The roads in Pontefract are shocking. With aftermarket import suspension being as rock hard as it is I would not be surprised to see huge amounts of strut damage and turret warping on the cars.
You should visit Kirklees, you aint seen nothing! Lowering is a complete No No
Old 30 April 2009, 11:34 PM
plaza
Scooby Newbie

Default auto prestige

I know these guys quite well, genuine lads and genuine cars, its a family business established 25 years and opened just under 4 years ago at there current premises, proper genuine cars, the website explains it all, most of there high value cars have sold written all over them..

i have known people who have bought cars off them and they always recommend going there..

just because its bradford doesnt mean every body is dodgy, i live in bradford im 34 years old been working since i was 19 years old and i drive a 2007 model audi rs4 doesnt mean im dogdy too..which i have bought off them..
Old 01 May 2009, 12:30 AM
Petem95
Scooby Regular

I know its stereotyping, but I bought my previous car off an Asian guy in Birmingham, and at the time a few of my mates suggested this was a bad idea, and so did the Asian bird at work! I was having none of it and bought the car anyway (new-ish Audi with full dealer history, so assumed would be ok), but the car was nothing but trouble.

Sold it a year later (losing £4.5k) to some asian lads, and the only thing that concerned them was when they saw on the V5 that the previous owner was an Asian guy! They were asking all sorts of questions about the previous owner then, but they did still buy the car! (they'd beaten me down on price so much it was a give-away anyway!)

I think it's wrong to stereotype, but then stereotypes have formed for a reason so you do need to be careful. I've learnt my lesson on that one!