snowballs, what would you do?

Search this Thread

Old 06 February 2009, 10:57 PM
mykp
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default snowballs, what would you do?

BBC NEWS | Magazine | The etiquette of snowball fights

driving a wagon has its ups and downs, the down side is that little toe rags think you car is fair game to snowball into oblivion. I dont see the funny side when snowballs are like ice or full of grit. Told 5 lads outside the chippy on Wednesday night that if even one of the snowballs they where holding touched my car i'd smash their heads in. Needless to say they didnt throw them at me, but pity the next soul along!
Old 06 February 2009, 11:09 PM
Turbohot
Scooby Regular

I can see your point on such snowballs with impurities and their non-fluffy state. But we once had a neighbour who had a problem with kids chucking fluffy, cotton wool type, realistic snowballs in his garden by mistake. Ok, it wasn't really done as mistake but he used to go off his head with kids! He was just an anti-social and anti-kids miserable sod. He has exited our colony now, thank God! But I know where you are coming from. Some people cause vandalism with the excuse of having fun. It is wrong.
Old 06 February 2009, 11:52 PM
DYK
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I thought it was nice to see kids actually outdoors playing in the snow having a laugh.Apart from that this thing about chucking snowballs at vehicles is more annoying now though because it's not just 3 or 4 kids.The first day it started to snow this week their were a group of kids hanging around at the cross roads not far from our house,and they were running into the road and literally bombarding every vehicle that came by.Their were at least 15 kids mainly boys and about 3 girls,and then some time later when i happen to have another look out,they were actually building snowmen in the road and trying to get the vehicles to crash through them.That's when you start thinking,kick the little ******* back into school,make them walk it like i/many had too when i were a little boy.
Old 07 February 2009, 12:38 AM
Turbohot
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Nat21
Walked past loads of lads and girls having snow fights the last few days. Didn't get a single one chucked at me. Would have enjoyed a good snow ball fight That's what happens when you live in a really nice area, there's never a cheeky ****** around when you want one
Where do you live? Beverly Hills, or Hampstead Heath? Or, is it a better side of Shepherds Bush?
Old 07 February 2009, 12:45 AM
Turbohot
Scooby Regular

Never you mind for evasive response but it must be quite boring to live with not so Jarvis Cockers' people.
You did say, I know
Old 07 February 2009, 12:52 AM
Luke
BANNED

In North London (Alexandra park) there was mayhem. Police had to be called as gangs attacked moving cars and smashed windows etc. One driver was seen to get out with a knife to try and stop them

Imagine your car been attacked by 50-75 kids close up all trying to smash your car windows???? and the roads are icy? shame none of the cars ran over and killed the kids ( Luke waits for the "sad lot "to start to protest about a skank chav been killed !!)
Old 07 February 2009, 01:06 AM
Luke
BANNED

"Alexandra Palace "

Big building on top of hill !!
Old 07 February 2009, 01:11 AM
Turbohot
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Luke
"Alexandra Palace "

Big building on top of hill !!
Its a nice palace I remember seeing some good exhibitions and shows there. I used to live in Islington/Angel area. I thought that was rough sometimes.
Old 07 February 2009, 01:20 AM
Luke
BANNED

Islington borders on some very rough places !!
Old 07 February 2009, 01:28 AM
Turbohot
Scooby Regular

Sure. Very outgoing and buzzing part of London, with loads of good restaurants and theatres. But weekends are very noisy there. I remember a homeless woman sleeping rough near Business Design Centre, attacking random passers-by in broad daylight. Scary! A decent Snowball fight would be a dream there.
Old 07 February 2009, 01:40 AM
Luke
BANNED

most of those restaurants are going bust !!! My favorite is "bread and Olive " ( spelling ??? )down by the fire station or carluccio's

Not sure if the "Afgan " is still there ? but that was pure magic
Old 07 February 2009, 11:08 AM
Turbohot
Scooby Regular

Not been there for a while, Luke. Its possible that a lot has changed. Dewberry smells rising from the Bodyshop, street sellers selling tacky jewellery for office girls, clipetty-clopping ladies in tight skirts and heels rushing to the tube station, Bennaton baggy chinos agaisnt painted-on Diesel jeans in shop-windows etc. etc. Good, old Islington!
Not sure about "Afgan", but Kings Head is still going, I believe. Their trasactions in shillings, chocoblock gentry, Noel Coward's play in the theatre were great fun. I bet a lot has changed now.
Old 07 February 2009, 12:02 PM
Janspeed
Scooby Regular

Pick up a rock, cover it in snow, throw it back to them and voilá!

Payback!!!!!!
Old 07 February 2009, 06:00 PM
matttp1
Scooby Regular

Just use that yellow snow you get from time to time or make your own that ll see em off