Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Jade Goody part 2.

Search this Thread

Old 04 February 2009, 11:45 AM
FlightMan
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Jade Goody part 2.

LBC had an interview with a friend of hers today. Couple of interesting things to come out of it.

1. She had 4 positive scans for cervical cancer and the hospital missed them all, so she wasn't being silly with her health, the hosiptal screwed up for 4 years running.

2. She's been advised to sue the hospital and isn't going to do it because in her words, " I'll still end up dead, and the NHS does lots of fantastic work, and all I'd be doing is taking away some of the money that funds that. "

Now, I hve absolutely no time for her, at all. But I'd suggest that if those quotes are true, she is actually a far nicer person than some of the people here who posted on the thread started by SS.
Old 04 February 2009, 12:00 PM
Mitchy260
Scooby Regular

It's not looking good for Jade, the cancer has spread..

Bowel, Liver, groin

BBC NEWS | Entertainment | Jade Goody says cancer has spread

I'm not her biggest fan, but she must be going through hell, as would anyone who learns that the cancer is worsening.

I hope she pulls through, certainly for her childrens sake.
Old 04 February 2009, 12:03 PM
jaytc2003
Scooby Regular

I dont like the woman but would never wish her illness on anyone. It is a shame that the NHS doesnt operate to the same standard across the uk. My mrs had an abnormal smear a few years back and the nhs were brilliant in requesting her to have extra smears every 6 months I think it was.

In some ways I wish Jade would sue the nhs for two reasons, it may help to save other peoples lifes, and it may also allow for a decent standard of life for her kids who are going to be left without a mum
Old 04 February 2009, 12:10 PM
J4CKO
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Trouble is, people sue the NHS, it has less money to do work so potentially more things get missed and more people sue, I think if that is indeed her own words then it is a very noble sentiment.

Her celebrity was born in the worst kind of way, she isnt talented but she isnt daft either, she capitalised on the situation and those recent words suggest she isnt as dim as she is painted, good luck to her, I hope she makes a full recovery and lives a long life, in peaceful obscurity !
Old 04 February 2009, 12:24 PM
Tidgy
Scooby Regular

Received 150 Likes on 115 Posts

can't stand her 'media persona' but as said wouldn't wish what she's going through on anyone
Old 04 February 2009, 12:29 PM
Snazy
Scooby Regular

Im with you there FM, if those quotes are true, thats an amazing piece of bravery and clear thinking from someone so frequently tagged dizzy and thick.

The spread sounds shocking, and devastating.
Old 04 February 2009, 01:26 PM
sarasquares
Scooby Regular

i read before that Jade had had not one but a few abnormal smear tests but buried her head in the sand and hoped it would go away. not the most clever decision of her life but its what she did. at least everyone now knows that what she did has effectively ended her life

I ignored cancer warnings: Jade Goody

i think Jade has done a massive amount through her very public illness and should be commended for it not slagged off

look at all the other silly women/tarts in the press, falling out of clubs and into beds and all for attention and a bit of fame, you can hardly put Jade into the same category.

as i see it she is trying to make a living while she is dying just so she can be sure that the kids will be ok financially when she dies, got to take your hat off to the girl, if it was me i wouldn't be able to cope at all
Old 04 February 2009, 03:06 PM
AnnieN
Scooby Regular

I've never been a fan, but I think she has been really brave throughout this and she adores her kids, so she must be petrified about what will happen to them if the unthinkable happens.

I work with some MacMillan nurses and they say that it doesn't look good for her at all - poor poor girl
Old 04 February 2009, 03:42 PM
rr_ww
Scooby Regular

Thumbs down

Originally Posted by AnnieN
... she adores her kids, so she must be petrified about what will happen to them if the unthinkable happens.

They'll inherit the millions of pounds their useless fat pig of a mother got for whoring herself on TV. And they may just manage to live a life that's not retarded.

I cannot stand this person, everyone hated her. Yet give her Cancer and all of a sudden she's "Brave" and a lovely person. What a load of BS! No one gives a **** about the other 1/3 of the country that has Cancer. They don't get financial help or money from being on the front page of the The Sun.

Hypocracy!!!
Old 04 February 2009, 03:46 PM
Luminous
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by J4CKO
Trouble is, people sue the NHS, it has less money to do work so potentially more things get missed and more people sue, I think if that is indeed her own words then it is a very noble sentiment.

Her celebrity was born in the worst kind of way, she isnt talented but she isnt daft either, she capitalised on the situation and those recent words suggest she isnt as dim as she is painted, good luck to her, I hope she makes a full recovery and lives a long life, in peaceful obscurity !
Sue them, sue them EVERY time. The only way you can actually show they were negligent is to win in a court of law and show them up. If you let it go they can argue the case was not proven and that they are doing a great job. We must hold them accountable, and show up the reason why they failed. Then when that reason is known there is a least some chance of doing something about it.

If you are worried about the cash it takes away from the NHS, when you win give it back to them!
Old 04 February 2009, 03:48 PM
sarasquares
Scooby Regular

i can see this thread going the same way as the other thread

https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby...ng-cancer.html
Old 04 February 2009, 04:00 PM
mrs_b4
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by sarasquares
i can see this thread going the same way as the other thread

https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby...ng-cancer.html
Agreed, I think whether you like Jade Goody or not she is just highlighting the suffering that thousand's of people go through,and I don't think anyone would wish cancer on her or anybody else.
Old 04 February 2009, 04:02 PM
JRFRACE
Scooby Regular

a couple of things i don't get about it, the fact that she said she wasn't going to tell her kids about it to 'protect them' yeah, thats why you'd be all over the telly and the written media with it....

As to legal action against the nhs, well if she actully could take this i'm sure she would, i wouldn't read too much into her version of events because its her version, and by the nature of their work the nhs can't comment, three sides to every story, yours mine and the truth.

And people should realise that the nhs will help you only if you seek help and try and use what they give you, you could sit at home incredibly unwell and unless you or someone else go to the doctor nothing will happen, they can give her as much help as they can but if she won't go to appointments or follow their advice they won't chase her.
Old 04 February 2009, 04:03 PM
rr_ww
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by mrs_b4
..I don't think anyone would wish cancer on her or anybody else.

But at the same time, you dont HAVE to feel for her.

Example: Change Cancer to self induced Aids. Still have sympathy for those people?
Old 04 February 2009, 04:11 PM
mrs_b4
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by rr_ww
But at the same time, you dont HAVE to feel for her.

Example: Change Cancer to self induced Aids. Still have sympathy for those people?
Anyone who has to suffer a painful death even self induced aid's would have my sympathy because it's not just them who suffer it's the people close to them,but that's just my opinion everybody has something that evokes feeling's of empathy or sympathy just that Jade Goody obviously isn't it
Old 05 February 2009, 02:44 AM
Rorschach
Scooby Regular

Vile person but would not wish cancer on a hitler bin laden combo so she has my sympathy.
Old 05 February 2009, 02:55 AM
LUCKO
Scooby Regular

we live in a mad world

an attention ***** she is but an evil person she is not

she dies and some child killer lives, proof there is no god imho
Old 05 February 2009, 07:04 AM
ScoobyDoo555
Scooby Regular

Yeh, not my favourite person in the world, but nobody deserves to "go" that way.

The only good that might come from it is due to her media status, it will futher highlight Cancer and raise public awareness.

Good luck to her - after witnessing a cancer death, her family's in for a rough ride ahead.
Old 05 February 2009, 09:14 AM
Geezer
Scooby Senior

Cool

They'll inherit the millions of pounds their useless fat pig of a mother got for whoring herself on TV. And they may just manage to live a life that's not retarded.

I cannot stand this person, everyone hated her. Yet give her Cancer and all of a sudden she's "Brave" and a lovely person. What a load of BS! No one gives a **** about the other 1/3 of the country that has Cancer. They don't get financial help or money from being on the front page of the The Sun.

Hypocracy!!!
Eveyrone hated her? Apart from being a ridiculous statement, why would you or anyone else who doesn't know her hate her? What has she done to youto garner such feelings?

All you know is her public persona. Even if she is as loathful as you make out, she still has no bearing on your life. She has taken very litle talent and turned it into a huge success, what have you done?

She may well be "whoring herself on TV", but what celebrity doesn't? That's what they do! She is quite open about the fact that she is doing it for money. Do you do your job for attention or money? Please explain the difference?

Of course, lots of people suffer cancer and do not get the coverage she has got, but does that make her story any less worthy, or our sympathy any less valid? Are you advocating that we should just ignore people who get ill when they are famous? Do you really not understand how the world of media and celebrity works?

She is no Htiler, or Pol Pot, or Peter Sutcliffe, or Myra Hindley, she is simply silly girl who got famous for nothing much, made a success of it, had some kids and is now probably going to die at 27, a tragedy for her but especially her kids.

I think your and Nat21 comments say far more about you than they do about Jade Goody.

Geezer
Old 05 February 2009, 10:57 AM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

I missed being able to say what I wanted in the other thread because it closed as I tried to post.

Those of us on this forum who have had cancer and have recovered will know what a terrible disease it is and how unpleasant the treatment is.

Whatever one thinks of her appearance and her personality, she is not a bad person and anyway that really should not be part of the comments which have been made, some of them have been seriously disgusting.

It is worth putting yourself in her place and realising how you might feel if after all that chemo etc. with the hope that you might make it and then to be told that it is incurable after all. It is a crushingly awful situation for her.

She now has cancer in her liver,bowel and groin. and will have to continue with heavy chemo to extend what life she has left. A very close friend of mine died of just that last June and it was a terrible thing to go through until he died.

Can I just suggest a more tolerant attitude to a poor girl who has got all that to face until her eventual early death.

Les
Old 05 February 2009, 11:07 AM
EddScott
Scooby Regular

Received 64 Likes on 32 Posts

Hypocracy!!!
Although I think the above post is little too strong, I'm sorry but he's got a point. The girl has made a living for being badly behaved, not very bright and as said above whoring herself on TV. One of these OK, Heat etc etc people like Katona and Jordan etc etc.

She is now seriously ill and are all supposed to say "Ah, good for her putting on a brave face" hang on a minute the very same media people that would say "Look what shes done now" 12 months ago are now saying "ah, oh dear, bave girl"

As I said in the other post she made a good point about making as much money out of this for her children and that I respect. Again its not her fault our society lavishes these types of people with money and fame for very little in return. I'm sure she has done alot of growing up recently and I'm sure she shouldn't sue the NHS because that would be very bad PR.

I'm sorry shes ill and I'm sorry her children will lose her in the near future. I'm not about to change my mind about her "famedom" purely because she is ill.

As quoted, that would be a little hypocritical would it not?
Old 05 February 2009, 11:10 AM
Snazy
Scooby Regular

Well said Les, and Geezer.

Who here ACTUALLY knows Jade, personally. Grew up with her etc.... nope didnt think there were many.

Yes she is getting all the sympathy and attention as a D list Celeb, but she is also bringing the word "cancer" to the discussion platform again.
All those critisizing the fact she is getting attention, and asking what is happening about the other thousands..... Are YOU doing anything for cancer research, donating, volunteering, or promoting awareness? If not..... hypocrites!

Its a nasty nasty disease, which is slowly taking my mother away from me, has taken my nan, 2 aunts, a young friend recently, and almost an even younger friend at the same time. As well as numerous ex work collegues... Regardless of who a person is, how they conduct themselves, few people deserve the mental and physical pain that suffering from cancer imposes. Let alone their families and friends too.
Old 05 February 2009, 11:25 AM
Torquemada
Scooby Regular

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Snazy
Well said Les, and Geezer.

Who here ACTUALLY knows Jade, personally. Grew up with her etc.... nope didnt think there were many.

Yes she is getting all the sympathy and attention as a D list Celeb, but she is also bringing the word "cancer" to the discussion platform again.
All those critisizing the fact she is getting attention, and asking what is happening about the other thousands..... Are YOU doing anything for cancer research, donating, volunteering, or promoting awareness? If not..... hypocrites!

Its a nasty nasty disease, which is slowly taking my mother away from me, has taken my nan, 2 aunts, a young friend recently, and almost an even younger friend at the same time. As well as numerous ex work collegues... Regardless of who a person is, how they conduct themselves, few people deserve the mental and physical pain that suffering from cancer imposes. Let alone their families and friends too.
Spot on

I lost my mum in 2003 due to breast cancer that spread to lungs etc. I watched my mum being slowly eaten away and finally stop being able to breath after hours of gasping for air, it wasn't nice, so all the good wishes I can give goes to you, Snazy, and the same to Jade Goodey and anyone else afflicted with this, nobody deserves to suffer from cancer, it's ******* horrible.

Alot of what people say about her smacks of jealousy tbh. Fair do's, I never thought she was much of a role model for anyone and acted like a turd on multiple occasions and got money for nothing but there are far too many people who say they hate her (hate is a very strong word), with no real reason, you always hear the "she's done nothing to be famous" etc. line - so what, what difference does it make?
Old 05 February 2009, 11:35 AM
spireite
BANNED

Hypocracy!!!

You talk of JG being retarded , maybe you should take a look at YOUR post again
Old 05 February 2009, 11:35 AM
EddScott
Scooby Regular

Received 64 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by Torquemada
what difference does it make?
The difference is quite clear.

There was a program on last night regarding Terry Prachett and his Alzheimers. I was quite happy to watch the program as he has provided us with a fantastic series of books. He is slowly losing his mind, he is going to suffer and he will be missed by the general public. Your very unlikely to have arguments over whether he should be in the public eye more so than other sufferers.

Jade Goodey has made a name for herself for rather negative reasons. She has provided nothing to society except maybe a poor role model.

Where the accusations of being hypocritical lie is not whether she is more deserving than the next person or where people are not prepared to change thier opinion of her. The hypocrits are those that would slate her but now want to be seen as "good samaritans" now that she is ill.
Old 05 February 2009, 11:38 AM
Luke
BANNED

A client of mine did some legal work for Jade some years ago. I remember her saying she was not looking forward to meeting such a woman. After she said Jade amazed her and was a real cool lady who "listened"

The "Gob" just earned her money to pay her bills
Old 05 February 2009, 11:45 AM
mrtheedge2u2
Scooby Regular

Received 31 Likes on 25 Posts

The same was with Jordan.... when she was in Jordan mode she was not good..... but then when in Katie Price mode she was a completely different person

"Jordan" bought the big house, nice cars etc but then Katie Price gets to live in them
Old 05 February 2009, 11:47 AM
New_scooby_04

Originally Posted by Geezer
She is no Htiler, or Pol Pot, or Peter Sutcliffe, or Myra Hindley, she is simply silly girl who got famous for nothing much, made a success of it, had some kids and is now probably going to die at 27, a tragedy for her but especially her kids.

Geezer
That about sums it up I'd say!

Nicely put, mate!

I'm not fan of her, nor the whole "famous for being infamous" brigade, but I'm not above feeling at least a little sorry for someone who is very likely going to die an unpleasant death and leave kids without a mother before the age of 30.

If there is an argument to be made for anyone deserving such a demise (and I personally don't think there is) then surely we can think of better candidates?

Ns04

Last edited by New_scooby_04; 05 February 2009 at 11:49 AM.
Old 05 February 2009, 11:52 AM
Torquemada
Scooby Regular

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by EddScott
The hypocrits are those that would slate her but now want to be seen as "good samaritans" now that she is ill.
With respect, that's twaddle. No one deserves to get cancer or be afflicted by Alzheimers (got the Pratchett thing Sky+'d) this is not about her being a crappy D-list celeb and a pain in the bum. It's about another human being suffering and bringing some more insight into what happens to cancer patients, which is good for awareness etc.
Just because someone thinks a celeb has the personality of a toothbrush, it doesn't mean they are then not allowed to show sympathy for them.

I know that we won't agree on this though

A neighbour of mine in Scotland was a total and utter c0ckend and caused alsorts of hassle but he was then diagnosed with terminal prostate cancer. I still thought he was a **** but I had sympathy and good wishes for him none-the-less.

Last edited by Torquemada; 05 February 2009 at 11:54 AM. Reason: Craaazy English

Quick Reply: Jade Goody part 2.