Which estate agent?

Search this Thread

Old 02 February 2009, 12:11 AM
Ru55e11
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Which estate agent?

Basically our situation i this -

Me and the g/f said we'd never move unless a house came up in the immediate area. We like the area, all our neighbours are great, close to our childrens schools etc

Three weeks ago the house straight across from us was repocessed(unfortunate we know the family well). This house is bigger than ours with plenty of space to extend in the future and in the immediate vicinity to where we live now, so we thought we'd look into moving.

The problem is as the house is a repo, the holding company won't accept bids from anyone unless they are proceedable i.e. they have a mortgage in place or have sold their own house. So we need to sell our house quickly for them to consider our bid before the property sell to someone else.

We've had our house valued by Haybrooks, Blundells, Winkworths and Reeds Rains. All the valuations were free, valued our house at a simular price and have simular fees. The repo we want to move to is being sold by Winkworths on behalf of the holding company.

My question is should we hire Winkworths to sell our house as they are the same estate agents selling the repo? This way we could keep the whole process "in house" so to speak. Or should we intentionally hire a different estate agent?

Can anyone give me their experience with Haybrooks, Blundells, Winkworths or Reeds Rains?

<Russ>
Old 02 February 2009, 07:47 AM
MattW
Scooby Regular

Never heard of any of them so must be local to you. good idea to go with same agent as then they have incentive to sell both and get an easy commission. just make sure you don't pay over the odds for fees, and make it clear yours is on market to buy the other one.
Old 02 February 2009, 09:40 AM
little rick
Scooby Regular

Used Reeds Rains myself a couple of years ago (Pemberton office) and couldnt fault them - but as above I think I'd be using the same agent as the repo.

Have you looked into joint or multi-agency? The fee's normally go up a bit but you'll benefit from the extra exposure of more than 1 agent marketing the house.