Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Ebay help!!

Search this Thread

Old 01 February 2009, 10:44 PM
lloydee
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ebay help!!

Sold something on ebay via the auction for the second time, and for the second time running I'm having problems with the buyer.
Have sold things through BIN and payment has never been a problem as it requires immediate payment, but I'm losing faith in the auction feature!

Basically the item was sold this afternoon, but the winner has emailed me to say that they are having problems logging into their Paypal account during the last week. As a result of this, she has asked whether she can send an uncrossed Postal Order to me, or I will have to wait for her Paypal account to be sorted (could be quite long wait). Though she does have about 380 +ve feedback.

So what should I do? as I believe it is breaking the rules to accept payment outside of ebay?
Should I report her to ebay? wait for her Paypal? Offer the item as a second chance offer to the next bidder?
Old 01 February 2009, 10:47 PM
Timwinner
Scooby Regular

To be honest I would do a second chance. If you take a payment outside of paypal you are asking for trouble.
It might go through OK, you might get ripped off. I would take the hit and do a second chance, Also report the buyer to ebay.
Ebay and paypal are the same company, If they can log into one then they can log into the other.
Old 01 February 2009, 11:28 PM
abbott
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Timwinner
same company, If they can log into one then they can log into the other.
thats bull5hit !

why not just accept the postal order ?
may take a few days to get with you but jusT dont send the item till it clears in your account ?
Old 01 February 2009, 11:28 PM
lloydee
Scooby Regular

Thanks. Will probably have to offer 2nd chance.
Thing I'm worried about is if I report the non-payer, will they still be able to leave me negative feedback? Since I'm a newish seller, all feedback is important to me, and I wouldn't want my profile tarnished by someone who got p***ed off cos I reported them to ebay for not paying.
Old 01 February 2009, 11:59 PM
pitcha44
Scooby Regular

take the postal order cash it at the po then send item. why are you goin to be ripped off if youve got your money
Old 02 February 2009, 01:56 AM
Chris.B
Scooby Regular

LOL @ PayPal... The biggest scammers in the business!
The amount of people I've come across who have had their accounts limited for no reason and can't touch their money.
They get interest on your money so it's in their interests to put holds on peoples accounts.
Thieving conniving *****! They make my pi55 boil.

eBay make you accept PayPal now as standard too just to top it all off!
Old 02 February 2009, 09:59 AM
Stiff
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by lloydee
Basically the item was sold this afternoon, but the winner has emailed me to say that they are having problems logging into their Paypal account during the last week. As a result of this, she has asked whether she can send an uncrossed Postal Order to me, or I will have to wait for her Paypal account to be sorted (could be quite long wait). Though she does have about 380 +ve feedback.
I've had this a few times now and it's always a Paypal issue. They have been very honest buyers with very good feedback and I've sympahised with them as I've had similar issues with Paypal when buying. I've accepted the postal orders/cheques, posted the items and received glowing feedback for doing so.

Originally Posted by lloydee
So what should I do? as I believe it is breaking the rules to accept payment outside of ebay?
Should I report her to ebay? wait for her Paypal? Offer the item as a second chance offer to the next bidder?
You're not accepting it 'outside' of Ebay as it is payment for the item they won and not breaking any rules, therefore cannot be given an 'unpaid strike'.
I'd accept any form of payment from them as you'll get the full amount instead of the lesser second chance offer and not incur neg feedback
Old 02 February 2009, 10:08 AM
4X4BOB
Scooby Regular

An un crossed Postal order is better than PayPal. You take the postal order to the post office, cash it, then send the item while you're there. You have your money and they can't get it back even if you have sent dodgy goods!

Its the buyer at risk here, not you as the seller!

To offer a 2nd chance and take less money is just stupid.
Old 02 February 2009, 10:34 AM
Enigma
Scooby Regular

It may well be a problem with paypal. I've been trying since yesterday to purchase something that requires immediate payment and I keep getting the message back "this service is not available".
Old 02 February 2009, 10:49 AM
Timwinner
Scooby Regular

Well thats shown me