Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Iran next, who has the popcorn?

Search this Thread

Old 01 February 2009, 03:17 PM
finalzero
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Iran next, who has the popcorn?

YouTube - Did the Israeli Ambassador slip up? War plan against Iran?
Old 01 February 2009, 03:24 PM
RA Dunk
Scooby Regular

that lot across there will be responsible for the fall of man kind one day
Old 01 February 2009, 03:27 PM
f1_fan
Scooby Regular

Israel flexing its muscles again, what a surprise?
Old 01 February 2009, 03:51 PM
The Zohan
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by f1_fan
Israel flexing its muscles again, what a surprise?
I wonder if Obama will be prepared to rubber stamp and stand by Israel as they continue to do what they like in the ME, i hope not and i hope he lets Israel know that enough is enough and to find a peaceful solution. I also hope he is tough on the the Arabs, plays no favorites and helps get is sorted.

UN worse that useless agian, toothless infighting bunch of assmunchers in charge, no hope for them

Last edited by The Zohan; 01 February 2009 at 04:06 PM.
Old 01 February 2009, 04:03 PM
r32
Scooby Regular

No sound for me?
Old 01 February 2009, 04:06 PM
spireite
BANNED

If the UK were to get involved we could contract the job out to the Italians and let them sort it out
Old 01 February 2009, 04:08 PM
The Zohan
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by spireite
If the UK were to get involved we could contract the job out to the Italians and let them sort it out
If you mention war to them they tend to run and hide
Still, they would be to busy refurbing TOTAL Refineries in the UK to have the time.
Old 01 February 2009, 04:13 PM
f1_fan
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Paul Habgood
I wonder if Obama will be prepared to rubber stamp and stand by Israel as they continue to do what they like in the ME, i hope not and i hope he lets Israel know that enough is enough and to find a peaceful solution. I also hope he is tough on the the Arabs, plays no favorites and helps get is sorted.

UN worse that useless agian, toothless infighting bunch of assmunchers in charge, no hope for them
Agreed 100% The Clinton administration was comparably very fair in the ME when he was in power and got them round the negotiating table and then along came Bush

I have a feeling Obama will be more like Clinton, hope so anyway.
Old 01 February 2009, 04:19 PM
SunnySideUp
Scooby Regular

Iran has gone on record saying that "Isreal needs to be wiped off the face of the earth" .......................

Would it, therefore, be unreasonable for Isreal to wait until Iran has Nuclear Warheads and the means to deliver them into Isreal?

They have no choice, in all honesty, but to fly in and take the installations out. They will need the latest Bunker Busters to do that .......
Old 01 February 2009, 04:41 PM
The Zohan
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by SunnySideUp
Iran has gone on record saying that "Isreal needs to be wiped off the face of the earth" ..............................
There is a lot of bollox amd sabre rattling/great soundbites to get the crowd on your side - Blimey just look at Teflon and Flash - British Jobs...Educashun, etc. etc

Better to get them (The Israelis and Arabs) sat down and let them all know that no sides are to be taken or backed and get them to come to a peaceful agreement.

Iran and Iraq where at war, chemical weapons used lots of dead and hatred and still they still manage to get along.

The Arabs just like the rest of us like to spout off. Israel would be wise to bomb Iran ior find themselves at war with the united Arab world and on a hiding to nothing - Jihad (holy war) is not really winnable, everyone looses.

This is about land as much as anything and about time it got settled!
Old 01 February 2009, 05:24 PM
finalzero
Scooby Regular

Iran has gone on record saying that "Isreal needs to be wiped off the face of the earth" .......................
Misquote of the century, he was referring to the previous leaders comments and the translation is wrong anyway, plenty of corroborating evidence just google the ****.

But I wonder how the west reacts to any other nation trying to attain nuclear power for domestic needs.. or is it the case that only a select few can have the technology, everyone else is deemed too irresponsible and uncultured/educated to have the right to this technology?

I don't agree that Iran is only getting nuclear technology for domestic purposes but then who can blame them, they are an evolving nation and fairly well advanced now (in contrast to the BS we get told about them i.e. 3rd world nation).

Add to this the fact that Israel is sitting on a cache of several thousand nuclear warheads as well as stockpiles of the latest US funded military hardware, doesn't exactly lean in favour of the Israeli argument.

I am not anti-jewish but I am against those murdering *******s in Israel who think its fair game to kill children and abuse any ceasefire that does come into effect before or after.

They are not holocaust victims anymore now are they?
Old 01 February 2009, 05:39 PM
The Zohan
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by finalzero
They are not holocaust victims anymore now are they?
no although seem quite comforable killing innocent men women and children, you would think they would know better.

Also getting a group of civillians into a building then blowing it up smacks of a old **** trick as well!

No, i am not anti jew or pro arab i just hate to see innocents die, especially children!
Old 01 February 2009, 05:47 PM
SunnySideUp
Scooby Regular

I have googled and, far from being mis-quoted, there is plenty of evidence to back up what was said .....

"Iran's new president created a sense of outrage in the west yesterday by describing Israel as a "disgraceful blot" that should be "wiped off the face of the earth". Mahmoud Ahmadinejad who is more hardline than his predecessor, told students in Tehran that a new wave of Palestinian attacks would be enough to finish off Israel.
The populist leader's comments, reported by the state-run media, come at a time when Tehran is under pressure over its suspect nuclear weapons ambitions and alleged involvement in attacks on British troops in Iraq.

He said: "Anybody who recognises Israel will burn in the fire of the Islamic nation's fury, [while] any [Islamic leader] who recognises the Zionist regime means he is acknowledging the surrender and defeat of the Islamic world." He was addressing a conference titled The World Without Zionism.

His speech was immediately condemned by the US, Britain, France, Germany and Israel. The Foreign Office could not recall a similar statement from a senior Iranian leader since the former president Hashemi Rafsanjani five years ago called for a Muslim state to annihilate Israel with a nuclear strike. Since then, there has been a mild thaw in relations between Muslim states, including Arab ones, and Israel"

Israel should be wiped off map, says Iran's president | World news | The Guardian

I'm sure that if a country threatened to wipe the UK off the face of the map, I would feel 100% in support of removing their capability of doing so!!
Old 01 February 2009, 06:28 PM
cster
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have googled and, far from being mis-quoted, there is plenty of evidence to back up what was said .....

"Iran's new president created a sense of outrage in the west yesterday by describing Israel as a "disgraceful blot" that should be "wiped off the face of the earth". Mahmoud Ahmadinejad who is more hardline than his predecessor, told students in Tehran that a new wave of Palestinian attacks would be enough to finish off Israel.
The populist leader's comments, reported by the state-run media, come at a time when Tehran is under pressure over its suspect nuclear weapons ambitions and alleged involvement in attacks on British troops in Iraq.

He said: "Anybody who recognises Israel will burn in the fire of the Islamic nation's fury, [while] any [Islamic leader] who recognises the Zionist regime means he is acknowledging the surrender and defeat of the Islamic world." He was addressing a conference titled The World Without Zionism.

His speech was immediately condemned by the US, Britain, France, Germany and Israel. The Foreign Office could not recall a similar statement from a senior Iranian leader since the former president Hashemi Rafsanjani five years ago called for a Muslim state to annihilate Israel with a nuclear strike. Since then, there has been a mild thaw in relations between Muslim states, including Arab ones, and Israel"

Israel should be wiped off map, says Iran's president | World news | The Guardian

I'm sure that if a country threatened to wipe the UK off the face of the map, I would feel 100% in support of removing their capability of doing so!!
It doesn't really matter what he said, because if you look at the constitution of Iran (and it is worth it just for the laugh), you will see the president is a complete nobody.
Old 01 February 2009, 07:38 PM
Luan Pra bang
Scooby Regular

Really ? Who in Iran said that and in what context I would like to find the quote as I thought it was common knowledge that that quote was untrue, I personally agree that Israel should be wiped from the map as they clearly think it OK to bomb invade and kill civilains in Jordan, Palestine Lebanon and Iran. They have shown that they will not rest untill almost every Palestinian is dead so why not remove Israel and therefor remove the problem straight away. Take out Israel withdraw from Iraw and Islamic fundamentalism will vanish overnight.
Old 01 February 2009, 07:52 PM
Luan Pra bang
Scooby Regular

BTw what he said was a quote from the Ayatolla and what he quoted was
" بايد از صفحه روزگار محو شود " which means "The Imam said that this regime occupying Jerusalem (een rezhim-e eshghalgar-e qods) must [vanish from] the page of time (bayad az safheh-ye ruzgar mahv shava".

Here is an independant view of what was meant
Ahmadinejad was quoting the Ayatollah Khomeini in the specific speech under discussion: what he said was that "the occupation regime over Jerusalem should vanish from the page of time." No state action is envisaged in this lament; it denotes a spiritual wish, whereas the erroneous translation—"wipe Israel off the map"—suggests a military threat. There is a huge chasm between the correct and the incorrect translations.
Old 01 February 2009, 08:00 PM
Luan Pra bang
Scooby Regular

What he did actually say when asked if he woulkd acceot Israel was
' If they [the Palestinians] want to keep the Zionists, they can stay ... Whatever the people decide, we will respect it. I mean, it's very much in correspondence with our proposal to allow Palestinian people to decide through free referendums'

So Iran is very much prepared to leave Israel alone which is a lot more than Israel has done for Iran after carrying out Illegal bombing raids in Iran.
Old 01 February 2009, 08:08 PM
Luan Pra bang
Scooby Regular

"g so!!
Not really the article you posted has been widely ridiculed as it has been proven that the quote was wrong and the article is a load of sh1te.
Old 01 February 2009, 08:15 PM
tanyatriangles
Scooby Regular

Leave it Luan, you've been trolled..............

There are some on here as can troll, and the rest get banned
Old 01 February 2009, 09:12 PM
cster
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Luan Pra bang
BTw what he said was a quote from the Ayatolla and what he quoted was
" بايد از صفحه روزگار محو شود " which means "The Imam said that this regime occupying Jerusalem (een rezhim-e eshghalgar-e qods) must [vanish from] the page of time (bayad az safheh-ye ruzgar mahv shava".

Here is an independant view of what was meant
Ahmadinejad was quoting the Ayatollah Khomeini in the specific speech under discussion: what he said was that "the occupation regime over Jerusalem should vanish from the page of time." No state action is envisaged in this lament; it denotes a spiritual wish, whereas the erroneous translation—"wipe Israel off the map"—suggests a military threat. There is a huge chasm between the correct and the incorrect translations.
Well since Iran is a theocracy and since the regime occupying Jerusalem is Israel, I can see where the "mistake" may have occurred.
Old 01 February 2009, 10:44 PM
SunnySideUp
Scooby Regular

Of course Iran will not use Military Force against Isreal .... that would be suicide as Iran would be flattened within a few days. So, at this point in time, it is simply words - theory - scripture - whatever.

BUT, allow Iran to have a Nuclear Warhead and the stakes change ..... now, all of a sudden, the militants within Iran can rise up and launch the warhead on to Isreal ............. a spiritual stance has now moved to a military stance.

My father was airlifted from Iran in 1979, I was working there too, we had a home in Shiraz ........ some Iranian family are now living in it, they don't own it - we do! Swimming pool and very pleasant indeed it was. My Chevvie was left there too!

The Iranians are a proud people, honest and reliable .... but, the militants are extreme and that is the fear.
Old 01 February 2009, 11:19 PM
cster
Scooby Regular

You're not coy about showing your age mate
Old 01 February 2009, 11:29 PM
SunnySideUp
Scooby Regular

I've been about more than most

I know more than most

I have seen more than most