Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Baby Swimming Classes

Search this Thread

Old 26 January 2009, 07:47 PM
SCOsazOBY
Scooby Senior

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Baby Swimming Classes

Im considering doing this with my 10 month old little boy. Has anyone had any experiences of these classes with their children?

Baby Swimming : What We Do

He was born in water and i have taken him swimming a few times, he has even been in the hotel pool on holiday in Turkey, but my motherly instincts make me feel a bit anxious as to whether i could actually bring myself to let him go underwater.

YouTube - 17 month baby swimming underwater

YouTube - Baby Swimming Self-Rescue
Old 26 January 2009, 07:54 PM
mamoon2
Scooby Regular

We took out son to baby swimming lessons from being 6 months old, they are really good. It gets them used to the water and they really don't mind being dunked at all. By 18 months my son was jumping in off the side and going under the water and then id turn him round underwater and bring him back up and he'd grab the rail. He's a right show off at jumping in now. Although we stopped the classes at 18 months as I didn't feel he was learning anything new as each week passed. Just take him to the swimming baths now, although we haven't been for a while. Need to pull my finger out.

I say go for it
Old 26 January 2009, 09:20 PM
SWRTWannabe
Scooby Regular

We looked at getting our baby into the baby classes at a local pool. The classes were for 0-6 months, but had a 2 year waiting list
Old 26 January 2009, 10:08 PM
SCOsazOBY
Scooby Senior

I want him to be confident like that as im not much of a fish myself. I also dont want him to be one of those children who scream in the bath while trying to rinse their hair.
I havent contacted them yet so not sure about waiting lists, but does it make you feel more confident because you are part of a class or would you recommend i just try it myself next time we go swimming?
Old 27 January 2009, 09:12 AM
Matteeboy
Scooby Regular

Sounds good! Ours is 4 months and LOVES baths but planning to get him to classes soon.
Wife and I are almost dolphins, such is our love of the sea, so hoping he'll be the same too!