Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Mobility Carts in Shopping Centres

Search this Thread

Old 24 January 2009, 01:19 PM
Jamz3k
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Mobility Carts in Shopping Centres

These people allegedly can't walk or don't have the capacity to keep themselves balanced but yet they have the sharpness drive around me at max speed like a bunch of Nascar Racers, bunch of hooligans.

when i become PM they shall be banned.
Old 24 January 2009, 01:43 PM
wrx4life
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by BigJay
These people allegedly can't walk or don't have the capacity to keep themselves balanced but yet they have the sharpness drive around me at max speed like a bunch of Nascar Racers, bunch of hooligans.

I want one of those when I'm old - Supercharged.
Old 24 January 2009, 02:02 PM
slipstream_uk
Scooby Regular

I have two old bints {sisters} at the end of the street, **** all wrong with them but huge buggers. They use the little carts everywhere with there large mass overhanging all over the place.
Also they go on the main road, thinking they are just like cars and go into town with them which is 4 miles away.
They cause traffic jams were ever they go. They must have a death wish or something, as there is next to no lighting on them and they are on the main road with head torches on

Last edited by slipstream_uk; 24 January 2009 at 02:05 PM.
Old 24 January 2009, 06:49 PM
Jaybird-UK
Scooby Regular

My father has had 2 strokes and his scooter is the only freedom he gets, nice attitude mate.

What else dont you like? guide dogs for the blind?
Old 24 January 2009, 07:52 PM
Jamz3k
Scooby Regular

Are you an idiot? or do u not comprehend humour in the day to day manners of things you see around YOURSELF?

Bet you believe in human rights too

Last edited by Jamz3k; 24 January 2009 at 07:57 PM. Reason: because i couldn't help feel that jaybird was an idiot.
Old 24 January 2009, 08:20 PM
ScoobyDriverWannabe
Scooby Regular

I'm all for giving people their mobility but I absolutely despise these things.

Couple of year ago just before xmas I was in HMV, a massive beast riding one with reinforced wheels went over my foot as i was standing in the isle looking at 3 for £20 offers.

All she had to say was excuse me & i would have happily moved out the way but she tried to just budge her way past without me noticing.

Dont even think she apologised or acknowledged me, even though the rest of the shop turned to my screams ah you f%&$£$ b%$£&*$

Managed to hobble back to my car but stalled it 3 times trying to reverse out of my space, in that much pain i couldn't control the clutch.

Ended up having to get a taxi home & getting my m8 to pick my car up after he finished work. left a nice black line over my new trainers aswell.

The other week I noticed old codger from up the street riding down the path on one. It was bin day & everybody's bins were on the path. He was bombing down knocking the bins out of the way with his walking stick, knocking at least 2 of them & their contents over onto the road.
Old 24 January 2009, 09:48 PM
what would scooby do
Scooby Senior

I like the paradox that is fat people using lifts
Old 24 January 2009, 10:11 PM
bugeyeandy
Scooby Regular

Reminds me of this
Old 25 January 2009, 10:55 AM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

Are you an idiot? or do u not comprehend humour in the day to day manners of things you see around YOURSELF?

Bet you believe in human rights too
What you say is no excuse for the way you were castigating people who are disabled either phyically or through their age. One day you may well be in a similar postion, it could even happen when you are comparatively young in fact. That is when you might appreciate being able to get out of the four walls at home.

Its just a matter of live and let live and making allowances for those who are not as well off as you. Its called being less selfish and thinking of others and not just yourself!

Incidentally, human rights are vitally important, they have been fought for many times in the past. What is needed to go with that of course is a bit of common sense, something which seems to be rapidly disappearing in the minds of the PC Plonkers.

Les
Old 25 January 2009, 01:17 PM
Jamz3k
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Leslie
What you say is no excuse for the way you were castigating people who are disabled either phyically or through their age. One day you may well be in a similar postion, it could even happen when you are comparatively young in fact. That is when you might appreciate being able to get out of the four walls at home.

Its just a matter of live and let live and making allowances for those who are not as well off as you. Its called being less selfish and thinking of others and not just yourself!

Incidentally, human rights are vitally important, they have been fought for many times in the past. What is needed to go with that of course is a bit of common sense, something which seems to be rapidly disappearing in the minds of the PC Plonkers.

Les
Sorry Leslie i couldnt read all your post because it was *****.
Old 26 January 2009, 11:06 AM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

Sorry Leslie i couldnt read all your post because it was *****.
Are you able to explain why you make such a statement, or is it all too much for you?

Les
Old 26 January 2009, 01:25 PM
GC8WRX
Scooby Regular

Location: Wanting the English to come first in England for a change!

Les
Old 26 January 2009, 01:30 PM
Jamz3k
Scooby Regular

Are you able to explain why you make such a statement, or is it all too much for you?

Les
I can explain Leslie, you generally stick your foot in with anything controversial that i've read on NSR and you usually spout the biggest pile of turd ever. Sorry but this is just my opinion on your opinions on matters being a little limp wristed.
Old 26 January 2009, 01:34 PM
banny sti
Scooby Senior

Received 22 Likes on 16 Posts

So going by this logic, I can drive like a tw*t with no regard for other road users as it is my human right?

Banny
Old 26 January 2009, 01:34 PM
davegtt
Scooby Senior

Chronicle Online-Drunken woman steals buggy to take her home

Old 26 January 2009, 01:38 PM
Jamz3k
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by banny sti
So going by this logic, I can drive like a tw*t with no regard for other road users as it is my human right?

Banny
Yep because Leslie is "Politically Correct" thus it would be unfair to stop you from driving like a tw*t due to your Human Rights i believe
Old 26 January 2009, 03:34 PM
Tam the bam
R.I.P.

YouTube - Irn Bru Advert
Old 26 January 2009, 04:21 PM
Kev_turbo
Scooby Regular

I have no issues with these mobility scooters other than their speed.

If the riders of said scooters are unable to operate the variable speed control to match the speed of the general public (either through a disability or pure ignorance) there should be some kind of interlock that slows these scooters down to a slow walking pace when in a high population area.

Why go at 8mph through a busy shopping centre just because you can?
Old 26 January 2009, 04:51 PM
StickyMicky
Scooby Regular

seen a few on the roads and always thought they were a bit mental for doing it!
Old 26 January 2009, 05:04 PM
J4CKO
Scooby Regular

Where that video of the lad on here that petrol powered one, its hillarious !

They do give people mobility, I dont have a problem with them, though I do wonder when I see someone too fat to walk on one, if you cant walk cos you are too fat then stop eating until you dont need one, I appreciate thats only part of the story as they may have other health issues but usually these are caused by being so massive, giving them a Chariot that avoids walking is kind of masking the problem. I am a bit overweight but I know why, I try to exercise by cycling 14 miles a day, I dont blame my few pounds on anyone else and am smart enough to relaise its time to quit the pies when I need a scooter !

My mate with cerebral palsy has one, he can be a bit random on it but the freedom it gave him after relying on lifts all the time was a joy to behold. My sons mate has a degenrative muscular disease and uses one, now that is heartbreaking, he did used to be able to walk a bit but now he cant.

Its easy to criticise (not the OP, I did see the humour) from aposition of youth and good health but I personally would rather ride one of those after an accident, illness or whatever than fester at home.
Old 26 January 2009, 05:11 PM
Tam the bam
R.I.P.

Originally Posted by J4CKO
Where that video of the lad on here that petrol powered one, its hillarious !

That was Sonic