Notices
Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

McDonalds Car Park FINES!! Yes Fines!

Search this Thread

Old 21 January 2009, 08:10 PM
STI_Baly
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default McDonalds Car Park FINES!! Yes Fines!

Thought i would start this and let everybody know that Maccy d's have contracted their car parks to a bunch of robbing N*bs in the name of

MetParking services >>> Welcome to MET Parking Services

I had a penalty charge notice come through for £100 for parking over 60 mins in the billingsgate maccy'd's (canary wharf) with a bunch of other guys on here who ate in there and gave Macas custom. Apparently if paid within 14 days it would be £50.

They use number plate recognition cameras to take a snapshot of you entering and leaving their car parks and attach photogrpahic evidence to all their notices..See link above (another 3 mcdonalds have had their services installed also).

So please keep this thread bumped to keep all us hard working individuals aware of what the world is coming to

Baly
Old 21 January 2009, 08:14 PM
GC8
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Unenforcable. They contract with the driver, if they can establish that, but they pursue the registered keeper. The keeper isnt obliged to disclose the drivers identity so all the car park firm can do is bluff and bluster.
Old 21 January 2009, 08:19 PM
nik52wrx
Scooby Regular

What were you fined for?
Did you use their car park and not buy a meal or something
Old 21 January 2009, 08:21 PM
STI_Baly
Scooby Regular

There was like 25 of us on the 3rd having a meet, we all bought meals....and then had a look at each others cars, never left the maccy D site.

Robbing B**tards!

Bump
Old 21 January 2009, 08:22 PM
STI_Baly
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by GC8
Unenforcable. They contract with the driver, if they can establish that, but they pursue the registered keeper. The keeper isnt obliged to disclose the drivers identity so all the car park firm can do is bluff and bluster.
So what your saying is they have no way of enforcing this? And i should just ignore paying it?
Old 21 January 2009, 08:24 PM
eureka
Scooby Regular

glad i went home early
Old 21 January 2009, 08:27 PM
Steve001
Scooby Regular

yeh you could, but b4 you know it you will have a non-payment against you credit rating. prob not likely but i would'nt be supprised Twots!!!

next they will have speeding cameras on the drive thru
Old 21 January 2009, 08:31 PM
STI_Baly
Scooby Regular

Absolute shambles i must say, the worst thing being i didn't even see any of the signage there and there certainly was no signage at the entrance to the car park saying that a new parking enforcement system was in place.

Bit puzzled and will probably pay the £50 as well as some of the others who got the fine, but don't want anyone else getting conned, hence the thread.

Ooooo could always Boycott Maccy D's and eat at Burger King and KFC instead.
Old 21 January 2009, 08:33 PM
Ianm1983
Scooby Regular

even more reason to go to burger king or KFC, better food and you wont get robbed blind

I hate mcdonalds, may aswell eat the fking box.
Old 21 January 2009, 08:45 PM
scoobynewbie72
Scooby Regular

maybe worth a letter to the mcdonalds outlet and mcdonalds uk to explain what was happenening and with the current climate customers should be welcomed and not alienated,
point out that none of the other local outlets carry this policy and that you will take your custom there in future.
Old 21 January 2009, 08:49 PM
Norman Dog
Scooby Regular

Received 23 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by GC8
"The issuing of Parking Charges Notices is part of an established system of parking control that deters unauthorised use of private land. The issuing of a Parking Charge Notice is the first stage of a case process that is managed centrally by our Enforcement Department. This process enables us, if necessary, to pursue all unpaid Parking Charges through to judgement in the County Court"

I certainly wouldn't pay it.
Old 21 January 2009, 08:50 PM
cookstar
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by GC8

+1

I have had these stupid tickets before, the only way they get the money is by scaring you with official looking tickets.

iirc, McDonalds will get £10 for every ticket paid.

DO NOT PAY IT.
Old 21 January 2009, 08:51 PM
cookstar
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Steve001
yeh you could, but b4 you know it you will have a non-payment against you credit rating. prob not likely but i would'nt be supprised Twots!!!

No you wont.
Old 21 January 2009, 08:57 PM
+Doc+
Scooby Senior

Received 9 Likes on 3 Posts

Aldi have the same, scan your reg in and out and fine you if you go over the allocated time.
Old 21 January 2009, 09:01 PM
c-o-l-e
Scooby Regular

I'll have a McF*ckyou sandwitch please.

Has anyone thought of pinching some staff plates, then drive in with them on, but don't leave with them on.

Last edited by c-o-l-e; 21 January 2009 at 09:03 PM.
Old 21 January 2009, 09:09 PM
Jamo
Cooking on Calor

Received 7 Likes on 2 Posts

take a look at this, specifically the OP's last paragraph.

MET Parking Services - The Consumer Forums
Old 21 January 2009, 09:16 PM
GC8
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by STI_Baly
So what your saying is they have no way of enforcing this? And i should just ignore paying it?
All of the letters will be increasingly 'threatening', but its a bluff.
Old 21 January 2009, 09:22 PM
GC8
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Norman Dog
"The issuing of Parking Charges Notices is part of an established system of parking control that deters unauthorised use of private land. The issuing of a Parking Charge Notice is the first stage of a case process that is managed centrally by our Enforcement Department. This process enables us, if necessary, to pursue all unpaid Parking Charges through to judgement in the County Court"

I certainly wouldn't pay it.
First, theyd have to establish that you were aware of and accepted their terms which they cant. Secondly, theyd have to identify who was driving the car, as it is the driver with whom they have contracted, not the registered keeper, whose details they have purchased and practically, they cant. Then theyd have to demonstrate all of this in a County Court, not the 'court' that they suggest. Only if they win an unwinnable fight and you still refuse to pay within the alloted time, will a judgement be entered aginst you.

If they mither you then send them a threatening letter, theyll go away.
Old 21 January 2009, 09:29 PM
thesyn
Scooby Regular

See you in court as they say
Old 21 January 2009, 09:45 PM
STI_Baly
Scooby Regular

Becoming more and more interesting this, how many have already called their bluff? and not paid this though (inc Aldi and others)?

Curious here.
Old 21 January 2009, 09:47 PM
cookstar
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by STI_Baly
Becoming more and more interesting this, how many have already called their bluff? and not paid this though (inc Aldi and others)?

Curious here.

I have thrown many "parking notices" in the bin where they belong. Have heard nothing, only the council can issue parking tickets.
Old 21 January 2009, 10:01 PM
cossie-nutter
Scooby Regular

I wish they would do this up my local Mc D's and get rid of all the Barry's

And you lot wonder why Subaru's are the new chav Barry cars sitting in Mc D's AFPMSL!!!!
Old 21 January 2009, 10:09 PM
STI_Baly
Scooby Regular

Bump for the night
Old 21 January 2009, 10:25 PM
lloydee
Scooby Regular

If only I knew it wasn't enforceable!!
I got the exact same ticket from my local MacDee couple of months back, and to say I was f-ing p***ed was an understatement. I have spent a fair few bob in there in the past.
Apparently I overstayed the 75minute allowance by 10mins!!

Went to see the manager to complain but she said they had no power to do anything and to speak to the company in charge. Wrote a letter and just received a reply saying that under the circumstances, the ticket issued was valid.
Anyway, paid it (wish I hadn't now ) as I couldn't be bothered with the hassle!

They also have these at some KFCs so its not just Macdees...anyone remember the story of that 'large' woman who bought a bucket meal at KFC, she overstayed the allowance, but the reason for her overstaying was because she genuinely had to finish the bucket off

We should all have a meet in the macdees and not pay the fine after! W$$NKERS!! THIEVES!!

Last edited by lloydee; 21 January 2009 at 10:27 PM.
Old 21 January 2009, 10:28 PM
wiley
Scooby Regular

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

saw this in the paper when a LADY was in kfc eating a bucket to herself. she says it normally takes her less than an hour to feast, but for 1 time it took 1 hour plus...

wiley
Old 21 January 2009, 10:38 PM
Tomski_908
Scooby Regular

Well, i'll be keeping an eye on my time at this macca's! I take my lunch break there and stay til i get work! Don't want me lunch break to turn into costing me grief!!

Good luck mate whatever you decide too do! Hope all goes well keep us updated!!
Old 21 January 2009, 11:24 PM
Terminator X
Owner of SNet

Thumbs down

Never pay a bean to private parking companies I never have done & never will. Got clamped once, left it there overnight ... they'd removed it the next day to clamp some other poor sod!

TX.
Old 21 January 2009, 11:28 PM
Terminator X
Owner of SNet

Will never happen. 99% of people pay up so they won't / don't chase the 1% that don't. You'll get chasing letters of course which will contain scary words but it's all bluff & bluster. I park in a private (pay as you go) car park every day from 7am to 7pm ... only ever had 2 tickets & not paid either

TX.

Originally Posted by Steve001
Old 22 January 2009, 08:57 AM
rbaz
Scooby Regular

I guess it’s to stop the Barry boys on a weekend hanging around in them but if I were you I would all meet there again and all take your letters in with you to complain and tell them you will never eat in there again unless they do something about it might even be worth contacting the press get a group shot done with your tickets you might all get a free meal and if you dont legally have topay the fines I am sure the press would be intersted
Old 22 January 2009, 10:18 AM
fivetide
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by lloydee
Anyway, paid it (wish I hadn't now ) as I couldn't be bothered with the hassle!
That's exactly what they rely on. My sis had one from the Meadowhall Retail Park (not shopping centre) as they are trying to stop people parking there for the cinema at Centertainment during the day.

Ignoring the fact her 'offence' took place at night when the shops were shut she got the same "we have photos" etc.

They sent about 6 letters in total, including the pictures which showed a white Micra with her reg plate coming in and the roof of a white car (no actual plate) leaving again.

Luckily i managed to give her the low down before she paid up and unsurprisingly they've gone away now! Best option is to do nothing. If you write back it allows them to start battling with you. Don't waste your time or money on this, just ignore it all. as GC8 says they've got nothing on you at all.

5t.

Quick Reply: McDonalds Car Park FINES!! Yes Fines!