Notices
Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Neighbours get groceries delivered at 10:55pm.

Search this Thread

Old 21 January 2009, 01:14 PM
speedking
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Neighbours get groceries delivered at 10:55pm.

I can see a bit on the Ocado website for choosing the time when you want your groceries delivered, but I can't see the bit where you can choose the times when you don't want a great big diesel van ticking over outside your house while a neanderthal unloads a stack of noisy plastic crates and kicks them up the drive. My wife often goes to bed at 10:30 and this unsocial behaviour gets right on our wick

Surely 9pm would be a reasonable last delivery time?

It says on their own website "Don't worry we won't text you after 10pm." Why TF not if you don't mind waking everyone else up until 11:30pm??

Last edited by speedking; 21 January 2009 at 01:21 PM.
Old 21 January 2009, 01:18 PM
Snazy
Scooby Regular

Guess in an ever changing world, people require flexability in these things.
Must be annoying. See if they have a 6am slot to retaliate lol
Old 21 January 2009, 01:23 PM
davegtt
Scooby Senior

To be fair it can surely be only once a week and he can only be outside the house for about 3-4minutes max... It wouldnt bother me, better than my neighbour waking me on a Saturday morning revving his Harley up in the garage getting it warm before going anywhere.

Im sure alot of neighbours probably get peed off with alot of you Scooby drivers warming the car up in the mornings before pulling away...
Old 21 January 2009, 01:28 PM
Terminator X
Owner of SNet

You wuss ... only women go to bed before midnight!

TX.
Old 21 January 2009, 01:48 PM
fivetide
Scooby Regular

Might be worth a complaint to Ocado suggesting van drivers switch off their engines instead of leaving them idling...

BTW, not got a loud exhaust on the Scooby have you? might be a touch of revenge!

5t.
Old 21 January 2009, 01:51 PM
Matteeboy
Scooby Regular

Used to live in Clifton Village in Bristol.
Every night Somerfield delivered at about 12am and made a HUGE racket. I confronted the driver and he threatened violence (!), I called their operations director and he didn't do much about it.

That sounds of out order too but I doubt much will happen.

I count our lucky stars every night that we moved to the middle of nowhere.
Old 21 January 2009, 02:10 PM
Coffin Dodger
Scooby Regular

We Internet shop with Tesco most of the time and they offer a 9-11pm delivery slot. We often pick that one as it's the cheapest. In fairness they usually turn up shortly after 9pm but I guess if they were busy there is no reason they can't deliver to us up until 11pm.

To the OP, if I were you I'd lighten up a little I'd hardly call getting a Waitrose delivery at 10:55pm unsocial behaviour As mentioned it can only be once a week maximum and were only talking about a few minutes of noise. Not exactly earth shattering is it. You could be living next to a lot worse neighbours than that Sounds like you neighbours are classy if they use Ocado.

Anyway 11pm isn't exactly late, that's an early night for me, I like to play loud music and use my hammer drill until at least 1am. The neighbours love it so much they keep banging on the walls with appreciation
Old 21 January 2009, 05:49 PM
marky1
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by speedking
I can see a bit on the Ocado website for choosing the time when you want your groceries delivered, but I can't see the bit where you can choose the times when you don't want a great big diesel van ticking over outside your house while a neanderthal unloads a stack of noisy plastic crates and kicks them up the drive. My wife often goes to bed at 10:30 and this unsocial behaviour gets right on our wick

It says on their own website "Don't worry we won't text you after 10pm." Why TF not if you don't mind waking everyone else up until 11:30pm??
You are everything that is wrong with the UK. No wonder the country is finished.
Old 21 January 2009, 05:59 PM
speedking
Scooby Regular

Bit extreme. I would have thought that wanting to go to bed at 10:30 and get a good nights sleep is a human right? FYI we get on very well with all of our neighbours and are the nicest people you could hope to meet. Would like to know how you draw your conclusion Would you be happy with 24/7 deliveries to your street?
Old 21 January 2009, 06:01 PM
Chris.B
Scooby Regular

This thread is a shocker...!
Old 21 January 2009, 06:04 PM
BOB.T
Scooby Senior

Would you be happy with 24/7 deliveries to your street?
I'd be made up cos then there's half a chance I'd be in to accept parcels!

I think you're making a big deal out of nothing to be honest There might come a time when you need to make noise late at night...
Old 21 January 2009, 06:05 PM
Chris.B
Scooby Regular

Bit extreme. I would have thought that wanting to go to bed at 10:30 and get a good nights sleep is a human right? FYI we get on very well with all of our neighbours and are the nicest people you could hope to meet. Would like to know how you draw your conclusion Would you be happy with 24/7 deliveries to your street?
LOL.

That'll soon change if you complain to them.

I bet they were there for ages and everything
Old 21 January 2009, 06:11 PM
Dedrater
Scooby Regular

Haven't you got double glazing? I can't really hear any thing outside my house. I sometimes get deliveries between 6.30-7.30am, I don't consider that to be any more unreasonable then 11.00-00.00hours.
Old 21 January 2009, 06:20 PM
C17RPA
Scooby Regular

sad things is tho mate if you started your car up at 7.00am (which i think is ok) they would proper be on your case about it being to loud!!!!!!!!!
Old 21 January 2009, 06:21 PM
stara
Scooby Regular

and theres the problem, your neighbours probably think that it is their right to have a delivery once a week at whatever time is suitable for them. people and people just don't mix.
Old 21 January 2009, 06:25 PM
dpb
Scooby Regular

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Id have insisted on cheese toasty provision at the very least
Old 21 January 2009, 06:28 PM
TopBanana
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by fivetide
Might be worth a complaint to Ocado suggesting van drivers switch off their engines instead of leaving them idling...
Might affect the refridgeration? Just a thought.
Old 21 January 2009, 06:29 PM
_RIP_
BANNED

Originally Posted by davegtt
To be fair it can surely be only once a week and he can only be outside the house for about 3-4minutes max... It wouldnt bother me, better than my neighbour waking me on a Saturday morning revving his Harley up in the garage getting it warm before going anywhere.

Im sure alot of neighbours probably get peed off with alot of you Scooby drivers warming the car up in the mornings before pulling away...
Tell him revving a (air cooled, especially a Twin Cam) Harley up before it's warm can cause the base gasket to let go prematurely. Fact, as my brother works for Harley warranty claims

If it's a V-Rod then no luck
Old 21 January 2009, 06:35 PM
cster
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What kind of a **** gets groceries delivered at that hour?
Just the idea of someone having to work unsociable hours for such a pointless activity is beyond me.
I guess I am a bit old school?
The delivery doesn't take place on a Sunday does it?
Old 21 January 2009, 07:23 PM
J4CKO
Scooby Regular

We used to be plagued by the f*ckin milkman arriving, fanbelt sqeualing at anywhere after 2 am, he stops his diesel flatbed 3 or 4 times up the road, not heard it recently, hopefully he has retired.
Old 21 January 2009, 07:42 PM
WhatswiththeR
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by J4CKO
We used to be plagued by the f*ckin milkman arriving, fanbelt sqeualing at anywhere after 2 am, he stops his diesel flatbed 3 or 4 times up the road, not heard it recently, hopefully he has retired.
milkman at 2am? who was he delivering to?
Old 21 January 2009, 07:51 PM
Dedrater
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by LondonTownie
milkman at 2am? who was he delivering to?
To the houses where at least one of the persons does nightshifts
Old 21 January 2009, 10:17 PM
m1cks
Scooby Regular

Is this a regular thing. As said most times are 2 hour slots. Normally get tescos turning up right at the start of the slot or up to 30 minutes before.
It's possible the van had broken down earlier in the day and was due there much earlier. It may not be your neighbours fault.
Old 21 January 2009, 10:21 PM
cossie-nutter
Scooby Regular

11pm is when the law kicks in about noise!
Old 21 January 2009, 11:25 PM
davegtt
Scooby Senior

Originally Posted by J4CKO
I hear the milkman constantly whizzing up the street betweent he hours of 4-6am. Sometimes hes wakes me, its just someones job. I dont go out and complain about it though...

Some people should just get onwith their own lives rather than worry about others.
Old 21 January 2009, 11:36 PM
jods
Scooby Senior

Until that comment (bold) above, I just thought you were a moaning gunt.

Now, It's confirmed.

Please can EVERYONE banish this Human Rights bullsh1t to the dustbin
Old 21 January 2009, 11:48 PM
Tam the bam
R.I.P.

Originally Posted by jods
Until that comment (bold) above, I just thought you were a moaning gunt.

Now, It's confirmed.

Please can EVERYONE banish this Human Rights bullsh1t to the dustbin
No cos the fecking dustmen wake me up at 7ish every Thursday morning... the thoughtless *****
Old 21 January 2009, 11:52 PM
Chris.B
Scooby Regular

**** it, I'd probably just move house!
Old 21 January 2009, 11:53 PM
Lisawrx

Maybe I am too soft, but that really wouldn't bother me. Fair enough it would be unlikely I would be trying to get to sleep at 10.30/11.00, but if I was, at worst I would have a peek out to see what was going on, then settle down again.

It is late for a delivery, but maybe there was a reason for it, this time. Do they normally get them at that time? Or as said, driver could have had problems and arrived late. Also, maybe it was the only available slot..

We had years of milkmen delivering at stupid times, and it never bothered us, it's life, people are just doing their jobs, and I'd rather this sort of thing, than some of the stuff you have to put up with(well me anyway).

If you get along with your neighbours, and this is your only complaint, then I think you are quite lucky these days.
Old 21 January 2009, 11:54 PM
jods
Scooby Senior

Lightbulb

Originally Posted by Tam the bam
No cos the fecking dustmen wake me up at 7ish every Thursday morning... the thoughtless *****
LOL - Have you got double glazing? That helps. If you do and you still hear them - Get Triple Glazing.

OR

Buy earplugs

Quick Reply: Neighbours get groceries delivered at 10:55pm.