Voters: 52. You may not vote on this poll

up the backside

Search this Thread

Old 02 January 2009, 08:44 PM
zs_phil
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default up the backside

who likes it up the backside not that sort of thing you dirty lot but drivers who come right up behind you so you cannot even see their lights in your mirror ,i had one today must of been a foot away from my bumper so i tapped my brake light lightly and kept it on and it was a she so she did it again even closer so i did it again wouldnt mind but there was traffic in front doing 60 in a national speed limit .
makes things worse when you have your children in your car like i did .

what do you lot do if someone whats to try it up your backside .
Old 02 January 2009, 08:46 PM
bioforger
Scooby Regular

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Exactly the same, but i tend to flash the brake lights on n off til they get the message. If that fails then I let them overtake n see how they like it for a while. It's very dangerous though, so I don't condone it.
Old 02 January 2009, 08:48 PM
SunnySideUp
Scooby Regular

Brake lights on - Rear Fogs on - and slow down when they cannot get by, speed up when they would have a chance to
Old 02 January 2009, 08:50 PM
zs_phil
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by SunnySideUp
Brake lights on - Rear Fogs on - and slow down when they cannot get by, speed up when they would have a chance to

rear fogs i like it i never even thought about that wish i could go back in time now
Old 02 January 2009, 08:51 PM
ScoobyWon't
Scooby Regular

Left foot braking whilst accelerating with the right foot
Old 02 January 2009, 08:53 PM
Will
BANNED

I just do nothing to be honest, but if they overtake i give em the finger, especialy as they have had loads of time to overtake me on a dual carriageway but decided to stay up my ***. Not up my actuall *** though
Old 02 January 2009, 09:01 PM
FlightMan
Scooby Regular

In my Sierra ( I'm talking 1990 here ) I used to knock the gear stick into neutral then move it over towards reverse. Way before it got there, the reversing lights would come on.

The tailgater would drop back sharpish, especially at night!
Old 02 January 2009, 09:02 PM
Jamo
Cooking on Calor

Received 7 Likes on 2 Posts

I always slow right down until they get the idea.
Old 02 January 2009, 09:03 PM
Tam the bam
R.I.P.

Originally Posted by mr_impreza
Not up my actuall *** though
Makes a change Gimpy

I had a slapper in a Chelsea tractor sitting a couple of feet off my back bumper whilst she was on the phone recently, I slowed down to about 40, she was obviously in a hurry, it was funny as **** watching the cow pull the phone away from her mouth and shout insults to me, which made me slow down even more as we got near to the roundabout at the end of the road, I opened the window and gave her the finger as I hit the gas again, her face was beetroot coloured with rage
Old 02 January 2009, 09:09 PM
SunnySideUp
Scooby Regular

MAPLIN have these LED signs at a reasonable price now - program something in like, "Back Off ********!!" and switch it on so they read it looping around every few seconds

It helps if you are a 20 stone Gorilla too, though
Old 02 January 2009, 09:35 PM
HankScorpio
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by ScoobyWon't
Left foot braking whilst accelerating with the right foot
+1, great watching the rate at which they drop back!
Old 02 January 2009, 09:42 PM
BOB.T
Scooby Senior

Where's the option for stopping and letting them go past and then carrying on without getting stressed / causing a crash?
Old 02 January 2009, 09:43 PM
Scoobychick
Scooby Regular

I saw this thread title and thought I was going to have to do some swift moderating
Old 02 January 2009, 09:54 PM
Aaron1978
Scooby Regular

if i'm in my van then i'll anchor up, i've nearly hit the back of someone once because i wasn't paying attention and it makes you pap! i hate it with a passion. If i'm in my scoob i just slow down while giving them friendly hand gestures i also find its usually women and old people

Aaron
Old 02 January 2009, 10:03 PM
zs_phil
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by BOB.T
Where's the option for stopping and letting them go past and then carrying on without getting stressed / causing a crash?

forgot about that one
Old 02 January 2009, 11:12 PM
Lee247
SN Fairy Godmother

I detest this, with a passion. And yes, the worst offenders are my own sex. Oh and white vans. Saying that, people carriers seem to have, in your butt drivers too
I touch the brake pedal, usually I can see the gob open in shock, they are that close
Old 02 January 2009, 11:14 PM
The Dogs B******s
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by BOB.T
But that's the gay way
Old 02 January 2009, 11:18 PM
hux309
Also known as daz

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Or how about the ones that do 40 in a 60 only to jam the anchors on because a car is coming the other way, or a corner is approaching etc.

When i came to overtake i ended up doing near 80 as the plank decided to put their foot down, not funny at all.
Old 03 January 2009, 12:36 AM
mykp
Scooby Regular

slow down, basically forcing them to overtake. My record is 22mph in a 50 zone. I'd rather they put their lives at risk overtaking than my life at risk by sitting 5 microns off my back bumper.

I know its childish but why is it either chavs in a (insert chav mobile of choice) or 4x4 mum whos stopping distance is measured in ice ages not feet. You know the ones who'd have no chance of stopping even if they managed to brake in time!

Had someone run into the back of my in 2007 because they where tailgating me. 4 pots said I'd stop but tailgater in renault had no chance and wrote his car off on the back of mine.

Last edited by mykp; 03 January 2009 at 12:37 AM.
Old 03 January 2009, 12:42 AM
Luke
BANNED

Had a car full of chavs try to Flash me to get past ...i was in traffic and no one had any room to change lanes. the car was inches off my tail. so i just waited until the gap between him and the car behind him was ok and then stomped on the brakes. he hit the railings !!

Did the same 20 years ago in wiltshire...last i saw of the guys headlights was them going through the bushes
Old 03 January 2009, 07:35 AM
matttp1
Scooby Regular

And to add to the list of tailgaters are kids on 50cc mopeds, had one in a forty(maybe it was bigger than 50cc) inches off my previous P1 back bumper, slight stomp on the brakes ( Prodrive 4 pots 330mm discs), the sheer look of panic and the wobble made me laugh, he dropped back
Old 03 January 2009, 07:51 AM
gpssti4
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Luke
Had a car full of chavs try to Flash me to get past ...i was in traffic and no one had any room to change lanes. the car was inches off my tail. so i just waited until the gap between him and the car behind him was ok and then stomped on the brakes. he hit the railings !!

Did the same 20 years ago in wiltshire...last i saw of the guys headlights was them going through the bushes
Old 03 January 2009, 10:47 AM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

Thwe safest way is to gently slow down until they get the message and back off. The fog light is very useful too.

Les
Old 03 January 2009, 11:08 AM
scunnered
Scooby Regular

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I had a blonde in a Golf tailgate me on the way to work a few years ago. I was winter, and the roads were really slippy. There was a tight bend coming up, so I decided to take bend without slowing down. I knew I could get round at that speed. Her little Golf GTI ended up going through the hedge. I stopped to offer assistance. She was unhurt, but very embarrassed. She had no explanation for the tailgating. So I just told her some bull**** that as she was far too close to me, and in my slipstream, it would adversely affect the handling of her car, and causing her to lose grip and crash. The stupid bint believed me. I'd bet she won't be tailgating anybody else.
Old 03 January 2009, 11:17 AM
swiss scooby
Scooby Regular

I agree with slowing down might be a good way to send the message, but often they are getting even more aggressive when I slow them down. So, I sometimes use bus stations to 'swing out, brake and get back on theirs' (in a fast and fluent maneuver). If they are lucky, I take the time to follow them all the way to their home, which must scare the crap out of them.
Old 03 January 2009, 12:31 PM
Luke
BANNED

Originally Posted by scunnered
I had a blonde in a Golf tailgate me on the way to work a few years ago. I was winter, and the roads were really slippy. There was a tight bend coming up, so I decided to take bend without slowing down. I knew I could get round at that speed. Her little Golf GTI ended up going through the hedge. I stopped to offer assistance. She was unhurt, but very embarrassed. She had no explanation for the tailgating. So I just told her some bull**** that as she was far too close to me, and in my slipstream, it would adversely affect the handling of her car, and causing her to lose grip and crash. The stupid bint believed me. I'd bet she won't be tailgating anybody else.

i call then "brake light " drivers. they dont think about braking unless they see your brake lights first. Its great fun as i just about never ever brake in a corner. you see them getting all messed up behind panicking !!
Old 03 January 2009, 12:37 PM
Billgtt
Scooby Regular

Re-angle the rear washer jet so that you can soak their windscreen. If you're lucky (like I was when I owned an XR2 many moons ago), and you have a separate bottle for the rear screen wash, you can put a bit of food colouring in the water. That tended to get rid of tailgater's
Old 03 January 2009, 12:51 PM
pimmo2000
Scooby Regular

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by scunnered
Question is .. was she fit ?

I had someone (sorry some ****) follow me a couple of years ago in a BMW, I'd just finished a night shift so didn't fancy my chances of stopping, never mind his, I pulled over and gave him a wave as he passed and he came back lol .. two big ****s in the car .. clearly not a bright move on my part .. I just pressed the loud pedal and ****ed off.. he was swerving across the lanes behind me in an attempt to scare me ..
Old 03 January 2009, 12:52 PM
dpb
Scooby Regular

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Wish i had self dipping rear mirror.
I sometimes knock the cruise control on (to legal speed limit) , i always do when someone is following too close , then i relax and do my level best not to touch the brake

Quick Reply: up the backside