Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

BooHoo!

Search this Thread

Old 25 December 2008, 06:45 PM
SunnySideUp
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down BooHoo!

Got a CenturyUK R/C Helicopter and the Servo is getting red hot .... it took off, the the servo jammed resulting in the Heli shooting through the lounge and crashing into the dining room table

They are not open until Monday 5th January 2009

Now, the faulty servo resulted in the crash .... the crash did not result in the servo fault. Will be interesting to see what their customer service is like? They could send me a new servo at a cost to them of around £4 ..... or they can be awkward and - well, we know where that will lead them
Old 25 December 2008, 07:10 PM
FlightMan
Scooby Regular

Could this be the missing pixel thread, part 2?

Good Lord, we pray not.

Old 26 December 2008, 12:28 AM
Jamo
Cooking on Calor

Received 7 Likes on 2 Posts

anyone know where the cheapest place to get a parkzone spitfire or mustang is please?

slightest of slight thread crash cheers pete
Old 26 December 2008, 05:15 AM
phil_wrx
Scooby Regular

lol me got one of those indoor helicopters and i think i have bounced it off everything in the house including the kids
Old 28 December 2008, 04:18 PM
SunnySideUp
Scooby Regular

Could be a Pixel Part 2 .... I do hope so
Old 30 December 2008, 11:54 AM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by SunnySideUp
Got a CenturyUK R/C Helicopter and the Servo is getting red hot .... it took off, the the servo jammed resulting in the Heli shooting through the lounge and crashing into the dining room table

Now, the faulty servo resulted in the crash .... the crash did not result in the servo fault. Will be interesting to see what their customer service is like? They could send me a new servo at a cost to them of around £4 ..... or they can be awkward and - well, we know where that will lead them
Why fly it if the servo was getting hot?

Les
Old 02 January 2009, 09:30 AM
Coffin Dodger
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Leslie

Les
Need you ask? Lets face it he's not exactly Mr Common Sense now is he?
Old 02 January 2009, 09:43 AM
SwissTony
Scooby Regular

Received 12 Likes on 3 Posts

Had a similar RC helicopter (well two of them last year), one for me, one for my g/f. Crashed the first one, so only one left, luckily it was mine that was undamaged

They are little buggers to fly

This year the youngest got two micro scalextric tracks, which was just as well as the second set had 4 bits of track missing . but luckily there were enough from both sets to make one large one

All well and good, except our cat likes to pounce on the cars as they fly by...not something that normal drivers have to contend with on the racetracks

Here is the culprit

Anyway phoned up the toy shop where we purchased the set and they were really helpful and will get Hornby to send out some new track on Monday.cant say fairer than that

So who knows, maybe Pete will have better luck , though I doubt it will help his flying skills
Old 02 January 2009, 09:56 AM
dpb
Scooby Regular

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Mybe theyll chuck in a new dinning room table ..
Old 02 January 2009, 02:37 PM
SunnySideUp
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Leslie

Les
I freed the servo which was jamming ...... it worked normal for a few minutes, but got red hot and would stick - I packed it all away at that point.

It flew for a couple of minutes top.
Old 02 January 2009, 02:39 PM
SunnySideUp
Scooby Regular

It was a present, the purchaser will ring them Monday. Hopefully, they will be ok about it and do whats right ............................. the twisted part of me hopes they act like dicks and I can again fight for the consumer!!
Old 02 January 2009, 02:43 PM
FlightMan
Scooby Regular

And start another humongous " My lone fight against a corporate giant " thread.
Old 02 January 2009, 02:44 PM
SunnySideUp
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by FlightMan
And start another humongous " My lone fight against a corporate giant " thread.
Indeed, but these are extremely small fry comapred to the DSGi giant I beat in my long legal tussle
Old 02 January 2009, 02:57 PM
Puff The Magic Wagon!
Support Scoobynet!

Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts
Cool

Originally Posted by SwissTony
All well and good, except our cat likes to pounce on the cars as they fly by...not something that normal drivers have to contend with on the racetracks

Old 02 January 2009, 03:01 PM
spireite
BANNED

Play.com (UK) : Silverlit: MX-1 Supreme Micro Helicopter : Gadgets - Free Delivery

here you go
Old 02 January 2009, 03:25 PM
SunnySideUp
Scooby Regular

Yes, that's OK for a toy ... good price too

What I am talking about is the 4-Channel Models ....... Mosquito Mini Palm Flyer is the one I have, for intermediate to advanced.
Old 02 January 2009, 04:05 PM
GC8WRX
Scooby Regular

Location: Wanting the English to come first in England for a change!

I work for such a company, and every single person that phones up, the helicopter has crashed of its own accord!

If we gave out warranty parts to all these customers, i would have no job to go to!

Their technician will have flown one of these before they were purchased for resale (for a good few hours) to see if they are built ok, or are chinese crap!

The chances of the servo getting hot while the heli is in the technicians control are remote (they never do!), so you will be classed as another bloke who cant fly a 4ch heli, and be charged for the parts!

And a proper 4ch servo will be more than 4 quid, try about 30-40!

Sorry but thats how it goes with a product that has very vague warranty conditions, as all remote models do!

I bet next month it does it again, and you will want blades and a canopy free too, if most of my tw@tty customers are anything to go by!
Old 02 January 2009, 04:56 PM
spireite
BANNED

Yes, that's OK for a toy ... good price too

What I am talking about is the 4-Channel Models ....... Mosquito Mini Palm Flyer is the one I have, for intermediate to advanced.
Is this any closer

Mega Mosquito, Gadgets Boys Stuff Big Boys Toys, Gifts For Birthday, New Gadgets, Weird Ideas, gifts for men, Mens Gifts & Mens Toys

Hang on ,here we are

Lowest prices for Micro Helicopters : Brentford Radio Control Centre
Old 02 January 2009, 05:49 PM
SunnySideUp
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by GC8WRX
I work for such a company, and every single person that phones up, the helicopter has crashed of its own accord!

If we gave out warranty parts to all these customers, i would have no job to go to!

Their technician will have flown one of these before they were purchased for resale (for a good few hours) to see if they are built ok, or are chinese crap!

The chances of the servo getting hot while the heli is in the technicians control are remote (they never do!), so you will be classed as another bloke who cant fly a 4ch heli, and be charged for the parts!

Sorry but thats how it goes with a product that has very vague warranty conditions, as all remote models do!

I bet next month it does it again, and you will want blades and a canopy free too, if most of my tw@tty customers are anything to go by!
Just what I am expecting to hear ...... and within 3 months I will have my money and my legal fees repaid

It was faulty at the point of sale - they replace/refund or attend court at my convenience .......... their choice - the Judge will be given a show of my ability to fly all manner of 4 channel flying machines in the courtroom

I'm all excited now ..... I need something juicy to get locked into in Q1 of 2009
Old 02 January 2009, 05:52 PM
SunnySideUp
Scooby Regular

You do know there are TWO Servos don't you?

A pair is for sale as spares for £15 .... £7:50 each retail = around £4 each trade, I would guess?

But the faulty Servo caused the Heli to crash so I need a new boom too!
Old 03 January 2009, 11:13 AM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

I freed the servo which was jamming ...... it worked normal for a few minutes, but got red hot and would stick - I packed it all away at that point.

It flew for a couple of minutes top.
Yes all understood-bit of a nuisance that. Luckily I never had that problem when I did aerobatic competitions, they do a lot of damage when they go in at those speeds, as I discovered when I was learning!

Les
Old 03 January 2009, 12:52 PM
GC8WRX
Scooby Regular

Location: Wanting the English to come first in England for a change!

Just what I am expecting to hear ...... and within 3 months I will have my money and my legal fees repaid

It was faulty at the point of sale - they replace/refund or attend court at my convenience .......... their choice - the Judge will be given a show of my ability to fly all manner of 4 channel flying machines in the courtroom

I'm all excited now ..... I need something juicy to get locked into in Q1 of 2009
You do have alot of time on your hands dont you?

Whilst i appreciate most companies do not have our quality control, and buy crap from china, the person who takes your phone call will have already had 20 similar ones that day, so finding a sympathetic ear is difficult.

Espescially at this time of year, and every man woman child and dog has crashed their heli over xmas holidays, and its never the pilots fault!

Maybe upgrading the radio gear is a good idea, the ones helis usually ship with are pants, go 2.4 ghz, its worth it!

P.s i would love to see your flying ability, any chance of a vid?

BTW most companies have one retired, eccentric time waster who buys stuff, then immediately has a problem with it, sends it back and purchases something else, and the cycle begins again.

Its got to the point where my staff have told people that they dont have the ability to fly a 4ch heli, so return it, we will refund you, then please **** off and buy else where, as your a waste of time!

In my job its mr King and his ******* Llama v3, retired doctor, insists on speaking to the same member of staff every phone call, tells said member of staff his life history every time, allways wants parts for free, its never his fault the heli crashed, and we have dissapointed his grand kids cos it wont fly!

If you politley tell him he obviously cant fly it, he gets annoyed, then i have to take the call, and explain too him that the model has been with our tech more than the owner, and everytime it leaves our tech, it is flown around the warehouse to make sure it flies stable, but as soon as it arrives on mr kings doorstep, it does random stuff straight away!

This happens once a week, its not you is it?

Never become that person, or all the call centre staff will do everything they can to delay your parts arriving!

Last edited by GC8WRX; 03 January 2009 at 01:03 PM.
Old 03 January 2009, 03:32 PM
SunnySideUp
Scooby Regular

You do have alot of time on your hands dont you?

Whilst i appreciate most companies do not have our quality control, and buy crap from china, the person who takes your phone call will have already had 20 similar ones that day, so finding a sympathetic ear is difficult.

Espescially at this time of year, and every man woman child and dog has crashed their heli over xmas holidays, and its never the pilots fault!

Maybe upgrading the radio gear is a good idea, the ones helis usually ship with are pants, go 2.4 ghz, its worth it!
I have a 2Ghz model .... in fact I have just about everything

Let me ask you a question - is it, in your mind, possible that a Heli is actually faulty out of the box .............. if you say NO then you are in the wrong job!

Of course you can get the odd one which is simply faulty from the off. And mine is one of those - they give me a sympathetic hearing or I give them a nasty financial shock .... their choice!

They will be paying my legal fees, replacing the Helicopter for a working one, refunding all delivery charges and paying all my expenses ..... like I said, I do hope they act like you - I'll have some fun

And how did you know my name was Mr Wayne King?
Old 03 January 2009, 04:12 PM
GC8
Scooby Regular

and within 3 months I will have my money and my legal fees repaid
If youd ever been to the smll claims court youd know that you do not get any legal fees paid.

You have no chance of winning such a case at the county court without supporting evidence, which you can not provide. Your only chance is to bluff the supplier.....
Old 03 January 2009, 06:02 PM
Dr.No
Scooby Regular

I had this for Christmas...

Phoenix model flight simulator | Features

...and unlike some others, I shall be learning how to fly a proper 4/6 chnl heli (not your contra-rotating stuff, something a little more realistic) on the sim before venturing into the world of model purchase and the constant crashes / repairs that obviously ensue.

Although the sim and transmitter cost double what Pete's little thing did, I figure I shall save a huge amount in spare parts, repair time (and time on the phone trying to wangle free stuff from suppliers) - so money VERY well spent.

I'm astounded at how good Phoenix is - and the choice of models and flying fields is fantastic. A gas-turbine powered scale Apache is an awesome thing to fly!

DN
Old 03 January 2009, 06:42 PM
TopBanana
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by GC8
If youd ever been to the smll claims court youd know that you do not get any legal fees paid.
Nonsense, you get all the claim fees paid, and a standard fee if a solicitor lodged the claim on your behalf. You can also claim costs for witnesses, and finally enforcement costs.
Old 03 January 2009, 07:37 PM
SunnySideUp
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by TopBanana
Nonsense, you get all the claim fees paid, and a standard fee if a solicitor lodged the claim on your behalf. You can also claim costs for witnesses, and finally enforcement costs.
Now I can see what he posted and I realise why he is on ignore ha ha ha - legal costs are repaid .... and a faulty item is deemed as faulty at the point of sale unless the seller can prove otherwise .... they simply cannot win and they will know it too - nowt to do with bluffing, just plain Consumer Law
Old 03 January 2009, 11:21 PM
GC8
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by TopBanana
Thanks for your patronising post, I know exactly what happens when you take someone to court. It has nothing to do with court fees and that is not what the troll was boasting about.
Old 03 January 2009, 11:27 PM
SunnySideUp
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Dr.No
I had this for Christmas...

Phoenix model flight simulator | Features

...and unlike some others, I shall be learning how to fly a proper 4/6 chnl heli (not your contra-rotating stuff, something a little more realistic) on the sim before venturing into the world of model purchase and the constant crashes / repairs that obviously ensue.

Although the sim and transmitter cost double what Pete's little thing did, I figure I shall save a huge amount in spare parts, repair time (and time on the phone trying to wangle free stuff from suppliers) - so money VERY well spent.

I'm astounded at how good Phoenix is - and the choice of models and flying fields is fantastic. A gas-turbine powered scale Apache is an awesome thing to fly!

DN
Played with that flight sim many a time - excellent it is too

Nothing quite like the real thing though